Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My worry is the 12 inch screen with the top off. Back in the day I custom made an iPad mount (it looked factory) for my JKUR.The sun would cook it so fast, I’d have to remove it and use the factory radio. I can imagine the sun at 90-100degrees effecting the LCD screen.
Ipads aren't made to withstand the heat. I can't find it at the moment but I read a great article about all the issues Tesla had with their screens because Elon Musk opted to go with some type of industrial screen as opposed to a screen made specifically for automotive use
This.

Remember that the iPad is working hard to passively cool the chip inside the shell...

On the Bronco, or any other vehicle, the CPU is going to be packaged elsewhere in a case that is designed for cooling over looks.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you read the review?
He gave the Bronco some really good press. When a former Jeep engineer talking about off road says “The Bronco limits are serious!”
He also does a nice job discussing the 7 speed.
Not everyone is going to think the Bronco is the greatest automotive design of all time. I actually think his review is one of the best available right now.
Yes, I did. I think it's a good review. David is very knowledgeable about off-road vehicles, but he's hardly unbiased, which is why he discloses his prior employment in the first paragraph of the review. That is a relevant and appropriate disclosure, which is why I repeated it here for context.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reviews Embargo Has Lifted! [Compilation Thread] 🚨 TheMoreYouKnow

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They make screen tints for them so that should help. I plan on doing it as I am getting a big screen.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These feel like pseudo-independent reviews. They were all driving them on the course designed by Ford for the bronco.

I’m looking forward to the first TFL review where they take out a Bronco and Wrangler on the same trail without Ford nearby.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This blurb from Car and Driver tickled my fancy as a 2 door res holder.........

"There's obvious homage to the original Bronco of the mid-1960s, yet the new truck doesn't come off at all retro. We do think that the visual wallop of the two-door is somewhat dulled by the four-door's additional 15.7 inches of wheelbase and overall length. And this rig just doesn't look right unless it's wearing one of the more aggressive tire packages."
I agree completely about the tire thing and have said it here multiple times.

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
where is iJustine's YouTube review? I don't trust these white men doing 'reviews' staying at ultra luxury ranch paid by Ford.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least one vid the guy is in a soft top and says it's pretty quiet. So that's a plus. The guys says he drives a soft top jeep and is impressed with the bronco soft top sound wise compared to the jeep.
Which video?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m waiting for my Ford pass points to order stuff.
Yeah I was doing the same but I decided to order items that might be at risk of going into backorder status. Plus, I found the Bimini at a $70 discount with only $12 shipping. I'm saving the rest of my purchases for the free points! 🤟

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This.

Remember that the iPad is working hard to passively cool the chip inside the shell...

On the Bronco, or any other vehicle, the CPU is going to be packaged elsewhere in a case that is designed for cooling over looks.
Yeah, it worked perfect on the top was on. Also remember some glare coming from the shiny screen. I’m sure there’s a antiglare screen cover made for the 12 inch screen already.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah I was doing the same but I decided to order items that might be at risk of going into backorder status. Plus, I found the Bimini at a $70 discount with only $12 shipping. I'm saving the rest of my purchases for the free points! 🤟
I feel ya. No need for me to order the Bimini top. My guess is my bronco probably won’t be delivered until October. The sun will be gone in Indiana by then.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
These feel like pseudo-independent reviews. They were all driving them on the course designed by Ford for the bronco.

I’m looking forward to the first TFL review where they take out a Bronco and Wrangler on the same trail without Ford nearby.
I’ve been on some of the hardest off road trails in the country riding along with my buddies. The trails at this were pretty specifically curated, they are exactly hard enough to show the capability but also that people of any skill level can do them. They aren’t technical, but there were some decent obstacles for sure. Seeing it in the real world is going to be the true test though.

NewToBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Volvo S60, 2012 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

:cool:(y)

ARTICLES

Ars Technica -On-road and off-road in the all-new Ford Bronco
Autoblog - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review | As great as you hoped
Business Insider - Review: The new Ford Bronco SUV is the perfect hardcore off-roader for every skill level and every budget
Car and Driver - 2021 Ford Bronco Is as Refined as It Is Rugged
Carbuzz - 2021 Ford Bronco Test Drive Review: Jeep's Worst Nightmare
Cars.com - 2021 Ford Bronco Review: Worth the Bucks
CNET Road/Show - 2021 Ford Bronco first drive review: Legit Jeep killer
Detroit Free Press - The 2021 Ford Bronco has finally arrived. Here 4 features I loved and 1 you'll miss
Edmunds - The 2021 Ford Bronco Is Everything You Hoped It Would Be
Forbes - 2021 Ford Bronco Road Test Review: Iconic History Joins Advanced Tech
Fox News - First test: The 2021 Ford Bronco is back to battle Jeep
Four Wheeler - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive
Gear Patrol - The 2021 Ford Bronco Is the Jeep Wrangler's Worst Nightmare
Hagerty - First-look Review: 2021 Ford Bronco
Inverse - The 2021 Ford Bronco is an off-roading beast
Jalopnik - The 2021 Ford Bronco Is The Compromised Off-Road Beast You Dreamed It Would Be
Motor Authority - 2021 Ford Bronco bucking for king of the hill
Motor Trend - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review: The Long-Awaited 4x4 SUV Is Absolutely the Real Deal
Motor1 - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive Review: Patience, Rewarded
Road & Track - The 2021 Ford Bronco Nails a Nearly Impossible Comeback
TFLCar - Review: First City Drive in the New 2021 Ford Bronco
The Detroit Bureau - First Drive: 2021 Ford Bronco
The Drive - 2021 Ford Bronco Review: A New Off-Road God Is Born
The Truth About Cars - 2021 Ford Bronco First Drive – Living Up to the Hype

VIDEOS

:cool:(y) ... apologizes if I crash your browser like mine has.

(click link) Video filter set for today

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=2021+ford+bronco&sp=EgQIAhAB
Thanks for doing this.