dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Be nice if you could publicly ridicule these sort of practices... but you’d likely be sued if you did.
Bullshit. If its true, the OP should name names. The dealer is telling all their order holders this. Its not meant to be a secret. Facts are facts.
Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put in my reservation on Ford website after Granger sent over quote w/below invoice pricing which I sent back with my personal info and signature on quote. Specifically, states it’s just a quote not actual order invoice but I’m curious if the written and signed deal you mention is something more binding that I should receive after reserving on Ford and listing Granger as the dealer?

Me and the other Grangetober customers have a written, signed deal for $2,000 below invoice.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Regardless of situation, your at worst out $100 dollars and the time to reorder with an honest dealership. Litigation, in any situation win or lose, will be a waste of time, money, and resources. Also, this may end up taking longer than just walking away from this deal and purchasing from a trusted dealer like those mentioned here in this forum.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Recently I was informed by my dealer that they were changing a policy to charge “market value” rather than MSRP. I specifically went with this dealer because they originally promised they wouldn’t up charge the bronco and would only charge MSRP. Of course they made this change and informed order holders after the deadline to change dealers. Anyone else being faced with this issue? Several legal issues come to mind with this tactic not to mention consumer protection issues.
Wow. I switched dealers to one that took invoice. Tell your dealer it 's called "FAIR Market Value" by the IRS. A product that is not even on the showroom floor has no measured value. Supply and Demand ? Artificially man made. Send your grievance to FORD.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What world to some of you live in? A Stealership can charge whatever they want. Ford can suggest a MSRP, but cannot really do anything about it.

This situation is horrible for the OP, but what can they do, Without a written agreement or Video(in my case).
Here is your 100 bucks back as we make 10K on the new buyer.

I'm not saying it right HELL NO!, and they should call the local media and trash that dealership into the ground. One or two days of local really bad TV press should do the trick. I know if I saw that, I would never go there.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m an actual attorney but one who doesn’t file a lawsuit over everything. Or act cool on a message board. Have fun threatening litigation in a fit on the dealer lot over the $3000 extra on the Bronco they aren’t obligated to sell you. I’ll buy a Jeep and have fun.

My dealer is too lazy, incompetent, and disinterested to come up with a mastermind scheme to add to my order.
I would completely understand if you've been practicing in your specially for so long that you don't remember the basics of contract law, but you posted several statements that are inconsistent with basic contract law in every state of this country, which is why I was compelled to call out your comment.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been predicting this for months. I will be shocked if my dealer doesn't do the same. They promised MSRP to people who ordered, but we have no contract. Just our signature on the build sheet. I have had issues with this dealers service department recently. In a conversation with Ford customer service, the lady said Ford is working on a solution to let people with orders in switch dealers, but she wasn't sure when it would take affect. ????? Maybe she was bs'ing??

john houseman

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 2000 F-250, 1969 Cougar Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently I was informed by my dealer that they were changing a policy to charge “market value” rather than MSRP. I specifically went with this dealer because they originally promised they wouldn’t up charge the bronco and would only charge MSRP. Of course they made this change and informed order holders after the deadline to change dealers. Anyone else being faced with this issue? Several legal issues come to mind with this tactic not to mention consumer protection issues.
There are crooked people in every aspect of life; car salesmen, lawyers, doctors, politicians, etc... the only way to stop or slow it down, is to make it known. Whether you do that discreetly with Mike Levine and Ford, or do it publicly with BBB or Law Suit is your call. You aren't required to buy the vehicle, but you don't have to take their abuse either. Considering the whole reservation and ordering process time fiasco, that should be worth something to you. For the dealer to do this is so messed up, I would feel obligated to do something about it.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You don't think waiting a year for your "Reserved" and "Specifically Ordered" Bronco to be cancelled by your dealer and sold to someone else.... is NOT cause for damages? Where and what planet have you been on? Damages is just one option a judge can rule on. The damages will be having to buy another Bronco somewhere else at a higher cost. The damages will be the difference in cost plus emotional suffering.

In my opinion, I would ask the judge to enforce the agreement. And as a reminder it does NOT have to be signed, the sales order issued is the agreement.

And you're are missing the point, the threat and or actual lawsuit is way more of a hassle than the dealer needs. Especially some sales manager who, is getting sued personally. Agree with me or don't. You made my point, what dealer in his right mind would spend 3k to 5k fighting this? Lots of lawsuits are settled to avoid legal costs, However if my dealer tries to screw me out of my Bronco he will be in court with lawyers spending stupid money for no reason other than selling MY Bronco to a friend or someone willing to pay a little extra. He will be sued, the salesman will be sued and the dealership. All will be sued personally as well.

Let the judge decide, trust me.... they will just sell it to you.
Well, mainly I’ve been living in courtrooms for the past two decades. Waiting for a car to arrive doesn’t cost you any money. So nothing to compensate you for and therefore no damages. You’ll be able to find another comparable vehicle somewhere at the same price eventually, so you won’t be out any money, so again, no damages. Not sure what else you think a judge is going to do if damages don’t apply. No, a dealership doesn’t want to spend any money on litigating this, but they know you don’t want to either, so your threat will be ineffective, especially if you start talking about “emotional suffering,” which will make it clear to them that you don’t know much about civil lawsuits.

Anyway, I’m signing out of this back-and-forth. I hope no one’s dealership screws them, and if they do, that they are subjected to maximum public shame.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this really a surprise at all? Have some of you not dealt with dealerships before? If this happens to me eventually then I'll walk and just go buy something else from another dealership. They can kiss my @ss and go sell it to another sucker at a markup.

Sponsored

Norsk82

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT. Bronco on reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Morning,

I have my bronco reservation, and I plan to get it in spring 2023. The dealership I will use to get my bronco will do 4% under invoice. What do I need to to keep it 4% under invoice for 2023?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is one of my posts from last year, April 25, 2020, including the time I walked out on a deal. As we can see, everyword is in line with where some Bronco customers find themselves today. The below started from a thread where one of the early Ford dealers on the forum, a good guy @ChrispyKC, said Bronco's were going to be sold at a fixed price so dealers could not mark them up, of course we know how that turned out.
ChrispyKC, you have chosen a very challenging career, I have respect for those who try to make the car buying process more bearable. Unfortunately, for 99% of the public, they have to deal with an industry, sales people and sales management who have built a well earned reputation of being dishonest and shady. It is no wonder companies like Carvana and Drivetime do well as I believe they have fixed pricing.

It would seem to be a fair guess that 90% - 99% of sales people, sales management and dealerships are less then truthful. Is that to high, are there really more sales people who try to work for the customer, giving them a fair deal, perhaps, but I'm sure most of those that do get beaten down by their sales management and leave the industry. With the high industry turnover the public has little choice but to enter into every vehicle purchase with great apprehension due to the well earned reputation the industry has made for itself.

Also, there is a difference between a "Professional Shopper" and a well informed consumer who understands a fair deal, fair pricing for the dealer, including all fees, for total OTD pricing. My favorite car purchase, a 1989 Toyota Corolla, the sales person did their normal 4-square dance, then said he had to run my offer "by the manager"; 20 minutes of timed drama later, he came back with some pitiful counteroffer, I said thank you for your time and left. Now this was in Southern California where there was a Toyota dealer every 10-20 miles. I drove down the road, they had the identical model, I had a great salesperson who understood we were simply looking for a fair deal, he gladly sold us the car. A couple of hours later, new car in the garage, the first dealer calls and said he would accept my offer, I said thank you, but sorry, I already have the same new car in my garage.

Has the automotive industry forced the consumer to be weary and apprehensive, of course they have. Could fixed Bronco pricing, from the factory, help turn the tide, I hope so, but how many dealers will still play games with ADM stickers, 30%, 50%, 70%? So am I a cynic, no, I'm simply a product of the industry.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good Morning,

I have my bronco reservation, and I plan to get it in spring 2023. The dealership I will use to get my bronco will do 4% under invoice. What do I need to to keep it 4% under invoice for 2023?
A written agreement, stating the facts, signed by the dealership's general manager.

Norsk82

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT. Bronco on reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A written agreement, stating the facts, signed by the dealership's general manager.

I just emailed the dealership to have them do the written agreement for 4% under invoice.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL what a tool.

I merely said this ain’t worth suing over. And I said I don’t have a contract with Ford or my dealer. They can charge what they want. I hope they don’t and I hope they honor MSRP from the order sheet. I didn't say my order sheet is a legally binding contract or obligation to honor my price. I've just never had a dealer add more $$$ to the MSRP, except when I bought a car for my wife recently, and the window sticker included a "market fee," and it was part of the total price they told me on the phone when they called to tell me they had a car fitting my needs. However, I didn't specially order that car and was never quoted a lower price beforehand.

Good luck with your heroic suit. Maybe you’ve been studying so hard in first-year Contracts class that you don’t know how it plays out in grown-folks law.

Of course, you’re right, I don’t practice angry car invoice law as a specialty so I defer to you. I said I’ve never heard of, in my experience buying cars, having to sign a contract weeks before buying the car. I didn’t say such wouldn’t be legally binding. I said I’ve never heard of having to do so, in my personal experience shopping for cars. Then again, my personal life isn’t a hypothetical from a law school book.

I would completely understand if you've been practicing in your specially for so long that you don't remember the basics of contract law, but you posted several statements that are inconsistent with basic contract law in every state of this country, which is why I was compelled to call out your comment.
Sponsored

Last edited: