Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Pretty soon soft top will b
You have had a VIN since April! When is your build date?
Week of June 7th, then end of june, then 7/5, then end of July, then week of 8/2 and now a date of 8/5. So we’ll see.
Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’d be surprised! Not everyone reads these forums and dealers just aren’t reaching out to their customers to let them know what’s going on. I’m sure there are a lot of orders out there that only got the hard top because it was only a $700 upgrade and would have been fine with the soft top.
eh I'm not so sure about that, hard tops tend to handily outsell soft tops even with a price premium. Maybe you are right but this extension tells me that Ford hasn't yet shifted the soft vs hard top ratio enough to fully saturate production, and also that the hard top situation is probably even worse than we all feared.

We obviously can't know the soft top ratio ford is aiming for but the higher it is the worse the hard top production projection is.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They haven’t scheduled September yet…that’s what was expected next week, and now is apparently delayed.
Last month when they said they were shutting down for the 2 weeks in July and did a scheduling, there were a lot of people that posted September build weeks. A lot of builds, myself included, got moved from July to August. They seam to be scheduling 2 months out. Originally I was scheduled in May for a July build.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this is not good news.

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was pretty obvious that they used the July 16th outside date to hold off on issuing new VINs (to reassess the takers on soft top). Extending that to the following Friday to skip Thursday scheduling is just another re-occurrence of that for the same reasoning.

They are pretty smart about these tactics. We've been watching over the past year how they pivot, delay, frame around messaging, and try to save face. If only it wasnt so obvious.

Last edited:

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last month when they said they were shutting down for the 2 weeks in July and did a scheduling, there were a lot of people that posted September build weeks. A lot of builds, myself included, got moved from July to August. They seam to be scheduling 2 months out. Originally I was scheduled in May for a July build.
MAP shutdown doesn’t = no build emails, they don’t go hand in hand. Yes next week MAP will be down per their schedule. Next week is also when emails are supposed to start back up hence the initial 7/16 deadline…but now, who knows 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a feeling this may happen given the reports of the FE’s previewing this week
without scheduling. My guess is that the FE previewed orders will schedule next Thursday. I would be surprised to see any others this month.

On the bright side, if this proves to be true this illustrates Ford’s desire to schedule ordered units before dealer stock. If the take rate is not high enough on the soft top and they are short on commodity parts for ordered units, I am guessing they will run some dealer stock units down the line.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Doesn’t anyone find it strange/stupid/poor execution for Ford to extend the deadline by informing only dealers? They have to know that most dealers are clueless or just plain lazy about this whole bronco launch.

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it true if you switch from the MIC top to the soft you will receive an additional 200,000 ford pass rewards points? Asking for a friend. This is just what i heard and if so ford has done a crappy job communicating that. Thx guys