Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting approach by not my dealer, but I was there to test drive the only WildTrak in the area, first sales guy tries to convince me to change my order to their place - ok do better on pricing than I got with my dealer - err uh well we're not charging a markup and we can. well you see I tried calling you guys last year to see if you'd be willing to work with us and told you I'd get 20-30 new reservations if we did invoice pricing and you dismissed it...well our "little club" got 90 new reservations for our dealer and invoice pricing so we're kinda happy there. Do they even have allocation for that? We have 200 orders Well you know if you want this now you can switch to a soft top and we can get you to the front of the line. Really you can get me a WildTrak in a soft top when no one from Ford or BN or B6G has mentioned anything about that.... ohhh your dealer is not giving you the right information... Ok - thanks gotta go....

So just to put that to bed - has ANYONE here heard of WT orders getting built with Soft Top only and delivered?

Commodore

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree that Ford did not get the conversion rate they wanted. So the solution is to build as many (perhaps all) soft top orders as are on the books regardless of reservation or order dates, then fill in the production schedule with dealer mannequins. That keeps the production line running (covering overhead), satisfies customers that did make the switch, and gets product in dealer hands to show and sell. Just a good business decision given all the existing constraints.
Saw this and just had to laugh!

I got mine (soft top) but didn't like the interior I picked.
I've ordered another (soft top) yesterday.

I'm betting I'll get it scheduled for September...

Commodore

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer told me I couldn’t change my color or anything else because I would be pushed to end of the line. Is this true??

I have a 4 door FE in rapid red reserved and I want to switch to cactus grey and a soft top after seeing it in person
Keep the RR.
You can swap it for two BB Cactus Gray soft tops...

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, but all the training and certifications are only as good as the people who put them into practice. I got my company certified to be a registered education provider for PMI; some one of the people who came in through the door to get the certification didn't know much about business and it was depressing.

Having the toolkit in your back pocket is one thing, but applying it to real world situations is totally different and a bigger beast at times.
You are absolutely correct. As an author of two of the best selling Strategic Project Management books, I will attest to the accuracy of your statement. The PMBOK certification does not guarantee the individual is capable of managing projects or programs; just good at passing a written exam. Ford’s PM’s missed more than one flag in their risk management planning.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I refuse! If I wanted a soft top I’d buy a real convertible. And probably be cheaper. I will not sacrifice what I want and spend $55k for something that isn’t exactly what I want. I’ve had a VIN since April….so build it don’t build it, but I will not change it.
I am with you here. Seeing the soft top in the photos make me cringe. The looseness of it along with the saggy widows. When you open it and fold it back it's like a big baby buggy or a covered wagon look. Is this really the best they could design? Very big ugly...

I owned a Ford convert from the sixties and it had a GLASS back window. Guess moving forward sometime means a step back.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So just to put that to bed - has ANYONE here heard of WT orders getting built with Soft Top only and delivered?
A few dealers have had their mannequin WT's delivered with soft tops. However, I don't think Ford lifted the WT hardtop restriction for customer orders.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A few dealers have had their mannequin WT's delivered with soft tops. However, I don't think Ford lifted the WT hardtop restriction for customer orders.
They have not. I'm almost starting to worry if Ford's just going to wait until the mod top comes out to truly finish off the wildtrak.. which means a long wait.

It'll be interesting to see when the dealers can sell their demos, if they have to put a hardtop on it first. I would think so, But I can see someone ending up with a WT soft top.

brentallan4421

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I changed mine immediately, but still no build date or VIN. Sick of waiting so i picked this up. 2014 with only 16K miles and 15K cheaper. Will wait until Broncos are available at lots. I have had it!
Ford Bronco Ford extends deadline for Soft Top with Hardtop Hardware Prep Kit to July 23 (From July 16) 20210811_155436
Sponsored