North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I agree, but all the training and certifications are only as good as the people who put them into practice. I got my company certified to be a registered education provider for PMI; some one of the people who came in through the door to get the certification didn't know much about business and it was depressing.

Having the toolkit in your back pocket is one thing, but applying it to real world situations is totally different and a bigger beast at times.
Totally agree, to many step into Project Management without an Engineering or Technical background. Of course one of the tenets of Project Management, regardless where you learn it, is Risk Management. Again, people want to blame Covid, saying nothing like this ever happened before, how can you plan for it?

When 911 hit, all the airplanes were grounded for a time and the industry was not expected to recover for one to two years. The week after 911, they laid off 40% of our company, the rest of us had to pick up the slack. You pull out your risk management plans, adjust as needed for the situation at hand, and go to work.

In 2014, we had a two customer's delay their new aircraft launches by two and four years, respectively. Again, you break out your risk management plans, adjust as needed for the situation at hand, and go to work.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This whole fiasco is going to make an interesting Harvard Business Review case study someday. So many bad decisions and wrong turns to unpack… and the story isn’t even close to being finished yet.
I think it will be the opposite. And... Harvard. Lol.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish we could find out how much better things are getting at Webatso before changing our orders to gauge if there is a higher or lower chance of getting a '21

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it will be the opposite. And... Harvard. Lol.
I agree that it will be the opposite...HBR will publish how Ford saw a market with no true competitor and took a huge amount of very profitable marketshare very quickly....the early supply issues will be a tiny footnote of no relevance to the business case.

BkCntryCrwlr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yesterday I had the chance to drive an AMB OBX:

Soft top
4 door
High Pkg
Tow Pkg
Roast Leather
12" Screen
Standard Bumper (not modular)

Overall impressions were that I want mine ASAP. Loved spending 20+ minutes driving this thing and having a brief love affair with it.

With that being said, I do a lot of highway driving for my work so I took this on the surface streets and the interstate up to about 75 MPH. At 41 MPH with the soft top, I began to hear a slight whistle, couldn't quite pin down where it was coming from but sounded like from the top by the windshield. For anyone driving around town or mostly off roading the soft top is a good option. For my needs/wants I'm sticking with the MIC top. With a basic decibel meter on my phone, the soft top at 65 to 70 MPH was reading about 72 decibels. I'm hoping the MIC top will be a bit quieter.

I work in a manufacturing and distribution industry so I understand how screwed up the global supply chain is. For everything! Not just in the automotive industry. BTW for those blaming Ford for all of this, you must not be paying attention to the news since even Christmas presents won't show up this year.

Something that makes no sense to me is why is Ford putting tow packages on mannequin/demo units for dealers!!! For those of us that have placed orders, wouldn't allocating these to actual orders be better and put less pressure on "constrained" items? Just sayin'!

Great vehicle, it met and even exceeded my expectations a bit. Can't wait to turn gas into noise with mine, someday...

PS - My actual dealer is totally clueless and the salesman that helped me at a different dealership for the test drive was equally clueless. Thanks to everyone on B6G for keeping us all educated, otherwise we'd all be mushrooms! 🍄 🤣

Last edited:

Sponsored

ATX Madridista

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Black Diamond Sasquatch V6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reserved 7/13/20 and changed to a soft top within minutes of receiving the original email. I'm going to go Jack Burton all over Ford's ass if I don't get a Sep 1 build date... 😂😂😂

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally. My dealer never notified me of the option of switching to a softie.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so funny i just switched yesterday hoping to get it in under the wire but now deadline is extended! I'll let everyone know if switching results in me getting a VIN anytime soon!

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer said the same. Also said his Ford Rep tends to be very broad in information and makes it difficult to get any clear-cut updates to customers. Basically was told we would be lucky to see an MIC top on our builds this year. Sounds like Ford constantly changes the goalposts and the dealers are left paralyzed by all the diluted “updates” from the mothership.

Sponsored

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’ve already got a VIN assigned, your build is locked in, and you can’t change to a soft top.
This is the worst part. I was on the fence on ordering both and now that im locked in and only got the MIC im kicking myself in the ass. Why cant they stick a soft top on it and send it?!

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
lol whats the point of switching to the soft top. The other thread today said for september there short parts for 99% of the rest of my build. unless you switch your build to a completely stripped base model with no options it wont make a difference. starting to believe my 7/14 reservation might really turn out to be a 2023 model. keep my reservation and buy something else to drive until bronco hits