Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me neither, I have Badlands in Area 51 ordered and my wife and i saw a Bronco Sport in Area 51 at the Dealers and we didn't notice any metallic in the paint, gotta say though that I don't mind a little metallic at all 😉
Exactly, I changed from Area 51, now I’m not sure I made the right decision?
Shit!

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well my dealer called and told me they had recieved a couple Bronco's today! Of course I headed out there right after work... They were both mic top 4drs and I wanted to have a closer look at those! Now, I'm a ford fan... Have owned mostly Ford's my hole life with a couple Chevy's and a Nissan.. maybe a kia mixed in... That shit will never happen again.... Just so I'm being clear.

So yeah the Mic tops... They need some sorting. I'm actually not as sad about being bumped to Aug 16 now... Which was updated to day of today. So that's good I guess.... Anyhow, watch the vid. I go go over what I found with the ones I looked at today. I do have faith that ford will do right by the people that already have them... I told my dealer that issues like they ones I pointed out to him aren't going to fly if my comes like this and they'd need to note/document it and contact ford about it immediately... We both agreed to cross that bridge when we get there... Haha. Also, if you like Carb Grey or Area51 this is a pretty decent look into those! So yeah... Here's the vid!

Thank you so much, after your video I to feel relived that I haven't received my Bronco yet, or even a build date. I can wait. I own all Honda's so I can wait it out. Thanks again.

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with the other post, I can’t see Ford replacing that.
They might, but it appears there might be more issues that don't crop up for a few weeks down the road. Might as well document it to add to it when it happens.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I doubt Ford is going to replace that top. Maybe what you’re noticing in person just isn’t showing up well on video? Obviously the edges aren’t rolled, but none of the MIC tops have had rolled edges to date.
Turn up the brightness, the defects were clear to me. The two things that stood out the worst was the how the top jutted out, or it was the window panel bowed in, and what appeared to be the delamination.

Stale Dorito

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not too terribly concerned with these imperfections. Its a cheap top that's meant to take a beating. I would love for them to be perfect, but if it aint leaking water or wind then I'm good! If it was the painted top that'd be a whole other level of BS.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what is BW? it said it was good please don't tell me that was for the top.😬

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those saying that this is “unacceptable,” what are you going to do if yours comes in like this? Deny the vehicle that you’ve been waiting years for?

If the dealer takes pictures and “documents it” (sure they will), what are the next steps after that?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. Not sure what the issue is here. My expectation for the top is that it looks decent and seals the vehicle from the elements when on. Are there going to be teething problems. Obviously but I believe that Ford is doing the best they can. Here is the better question. If Ford came back and said “we can make these better but the buy in price will will be 1500” would you complain or just pay the extra money?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohh and the “stock” unit has to be a mannequin especially have a mic top.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had no idea Area 51 was metallic?! 😮
My revelation tonight as well - this has not been pointed out to the best of my knowledge by any description of the colour. Interesting!

Thanks for the video.
Sponsored