First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this would justify pulling the rest of their Bronco allocations for this year (maybe 22 also since they probably won’t see any 21s). Right after they make it right with the customer they fucked over.
Your solution to a hijacked order is that the allocations are cancelled for 18 months, punishing those that reserved a year ago and are locked in at that dealer, guaranteeing none of the other reservation orders can be filled.

Just checking is all...

MuddyMO

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder if this is the guy who just wandered in and bought her Bronco out from under her. I suppose he could be referring to a Sport.... but the timing of the review makes me wonder.

Screenshot_20210725-082241_Google.jpg
The "1 reivew" is a dead giveaway it's a burner account by one of the dealer's employees to artificially bump up the reviews.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your solution to a hijacked order is that the allocations are cancelled for 18 months, punishing those that reserved a year ago and are locked in at that dealer, guaranteeing none of the other reservation orders can be filled.

Just checking is all...
Just new orders

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is simple. One makes a note of the dealerships that gouge, then never conduct business with those dealerships in the future. There will come a day when these same dealers will be begging you to buy one of their vehicles. I went and test drove a second Bronco at a local dealership that I do not have my Bronco reserved through. When the sales rep asked me if I would like to be notified when the demo became available for sale ,I politely informed him I don’t do business with dealerships that mark up vehicles. I went on to tell him, I have purchased a vehicle from this dealership in the past, but will no longer consider them since they mark up popular vehicles. Yes, they have every right to do so, just as I have the right to look elsewhere.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this would justify pulling the rest of their Bronco allocations for this year (maybe 22 also since they probably won’t see any 21s). Right after they make it right with the customer they fucked over.
Eh, I don’t think punishing those customers is right. However, the dealership should lose future allocations maybe or some other hit (maybe not priority builds, etc.). Need to ensure the punishment is to the dealership, and not the customers who have been waiting (unless those reservations/orders could be transferred, by Ford, to a neighbouring dealership instead, which I highly doubt they can/will do).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a printout of my build out and cost total at bottom from converting my reservation to order. However, to say that’s on the buyer for not getting something in writing is utterly shameful and ridiculous. If, what this dealer did is true, than that’s poor business. Piss poor, and you can try to slice it any which way, but it’s wrong. Marking a vehicle up that much if somebody reserved it at msrp, is for nothing other than the dealerships own pocket. Greedy! No other way to describe it
You’re confusing my statement that Ford locking in MSRP is indeed helpful to buyers, with me saying what this dealer did is okay… which is not what I’m saying.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eh, I don’t think punishing those customers is right. However, the dealership should lose future allocations maybe or some other hit (maybe not priority builds, etc.). Need to ensure the punishment is to the dealership, and not the customers who have been waiting (unless those reservations/orders could be transferred, by Ford, to a neighbouring dealership instead, which I highly doubt they can/will do).
I was only referring to new orders

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The "1 reivew" is a dead giveaway it's a burner account by one of the dealer's employees to artificially bump up the reviews.
I looked at their reviews both yesterday and today. Most of the ones left yesterday are now gone. There's also a few BS 5 star reviews from new accounts.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I came across this the other night because it turns out the person that got screwed over was a friend of a friend.

My biggest issue when hearing about it was that the person is a young woman in her mid to late 20s. She’s definitely no hardcore Bronco enthusiast that followed online forums that warned about this shit. I’m almost certain that she’s never ordered a vehicle as opposed to just being a walk-in customer.

I haven’t been able to get the details on how her reservation and order process went, but she did share a text string with me that showed the salesman telling her the day of pickup that there were walk-in customers with “insane offers for it” and that his managers were telling him there would be ADM of $10k. The text with the additional markup literally follows her text that she’d be at the dealership soon. Then when she got to financing the ADM shot up to $20k!

Definitely would have been harder to pull this shit on a dude. I know I would have been livid and parked my ass in the Bronco and let everyone know what they were trying to pull.
I’m not one to pull the “oh poor me it’s because I’m a girl” card, but what I CAN tell you is that from personal experience dealers AND auto mechanics treat me differently when I’m by myself as opposed to when any male comes with me. I have few doubts that this dealer is pulling a fast one on this girl, that being said she should have gotten something in writing. But this is shitty behavior from a dealer either way……

Edit: this makes me personally angrier than it should

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should require final agreed sale price at the time of the order. Or a Ford brokered order price and MSRP to walk ins.

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Ford doesn't step in and do something a class action lawsuit should be filed against Ford. They in effect decided to bypass the dealerships and do a mix order between direct reservations and build to order while still having it go through the dealerships. There is a reasonable expectation set by Ford that the price will be what we order on the build directly through their website. This expectation is reinforced if the dealer does not disclose any fees or markup when you place the order. There is every possible expectation that the vin belongs to you when the build is placed and you and only you are notified that that vehicle is being built for you. For the dealer to think they can hold it hostage and auction it off is not legal. The process set forth by Ford should constitute a contract. The fact that Ford took a deposit should be enough to act as contract to honor the sales price. We are not talking about a $500 ADM fee, this is a 50% markup.

JMcBronco

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford needs to step up and announce a policy that prevents these bad faith dealership tactics. If they won't do that, @Ford Motor Company risks ruining their long time earned customer loyalty. I have another reservation for the new 2022 F-150 Lightning that I'd have to cancel if this a happens to me. @Ford Motor Company can you please respond and reduce order holders anxiety on this issue?
Sponsored