Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi guys,

I am planning to order a 2D Badlands(non-sasquatch). I have had a couple of jeeps before and even though I love having the doors off, and do so whenever I see 4-5 days of clear weather, I more often leave the doors on and lower the top with the windows down. Just so much easier to handle rain when you have the doors and a bikini top, that you do not really have to care when it is cloudy, etc. Also, when I had a Jeep I would leave the bottom bolts off the doors so I could take them on/off easily. Never had an issue where the doors ever possibly coming off on roads, but if anyone knows if you can do the same with the Broncos please let me know. Just super nice when you are taking the doors on/off every few days to know if you are required to bolt them down each time when driving on roads)

I am having a hard time finding good pictures of 2-door with top off, doors on, and windows down. Hoping to find some pictures of non-sasquatch Broncos, but any responses would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Scroll down in the main post in this thread, and you’ll see a 2-door topless Velocity Blue BD with the doors on. The windows are up, but there’s not much glare on the glass, so just squint.

Velocity Blue is my least favorite Bronco color, but this is a great example of a non-Sas stance and lines of a topless 2-door.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/ultimate-black-diamond-non-sasquatch-pics-thread.8179/
Thanks - Those picture of the blue 2 door are pretty close. Not sure why, but every picture of 2 door, with top down, doors on, also typically have windows up for some reason

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks - Those picture of the blue 2 door are pretty close. Not sure why, but every picture of 2 door, with top down, doors on, also typically have windows up for some reason
Just take in consideration that window are frameless, therefore, it wouldn't be that much difference with the windows rolled down.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes - Frameless makes all the difference and I think the new Bronco is why Jeep brought back their half doors. Jeeps just never really feel like convertible with full doors on/windows down because of that higher window/frame. When you have the top off most of the summer, etc you just end up leaving the doors on a lot instead of taking on/off every day. You can leave doors off when cloudy and just rely on softtop or bikini when it rains, but with no doors that often sucks and why I typically end up having doors on a decent amount. Just rarely see any pictures with doors on, top off, windows down to get a feel for how it looks

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same reason so many people with regular convertibles drive with the top down but the windows up. They're weirdos.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same reason so many people with regular convertibles drive with the top down but the windows up. They're weirdos.
That’s how I sometimes roll at highway speed and in the winter (coat on, top down, windows up).

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - I think that is weird as well. The Bronco might be better than Jeep at blocking surprise rains when the doors are off, but I saw a woman in Florida with kids in the back seat who were caught in the rain. She pulled over and raised the softtop, but you could tell she was getting a good amount of rain and kids were fighting to get to center of back seat. I am sure that will happen to me as well, but I just know that over time I will end up leaving the doors on a decent amount when top is off.

I will probably try leaving those hinge bolts disconnected as well over the summer and hopefully the weight of the doors will keep them nice and stable when door is closed in the summer

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s how I sometimes roll at highway speed and in the winter (coat on, top down, windows up).
I have done that a lot as well and at fast speeds it is typically fine

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
windows are rolled up in all their pictures when top is off so hard to see how it really looks

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll have my doors on most of the time, but the peace of mind in sudden rain with doors off is why I ultimately pulled the Black Diamond trigger, for MGV and rubberized floors.

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll have my doors on most of the time, but the peace of mind in sudden rain with doors off is why I ultimately pulled the Black Diamond trigger, for MGV and rubberized floors.
I am thinking the same with Badlands and MGV. Anything cloth gets wet and keep windows fogged up for a day or two when you put the top back on.
Sponsored