AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, because I can see my PCMs matching up with an already built and delivered Bronco.

The only reason Ford build so many F-150s without chips is that the ones they left out are easy to install. They are still drivable. They aren't leaving engine ECUs out...that would make it impossible to leave the assembly line and the Bronco isn't as complex as the F-150 when it comes to electronics.
Yes, because I can see my PCMs matching up with an already built and delivered Bronco.

The only reason Ford build so many F-150s without chips is that the ones they left out are easy to install. They are still drivable. They aren't leaving engine ECUs out...that would make it impossible to leave the assembly line and the Bronco isn't as complex as the F-150 when it comes to electronics.
EXACTLY! Mine is built, modules have popped, sync is updated.
Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

STOP SAYING CHIP SHORTAGE!!! THEY ALL HAVE MODULES INSIDE AND UPDATED!!!
Seriously this shit is driving me crazy and I’m just going to get off the forum soon and wait for my bronco to come. It’s built, modules are populated, sync is updated so it has chips. First time or few post OPs are taking over the forum.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If this is due to a delivery logistics issue, here is an easy solution.

Ford will offer Bronco owners a once in a lifetime experience. Current Bronco reservation and order holders can opt in to our new delivery process. For $500 ( Owner is responsible for travel and accommodations) the owner will get a factory tour, signed poster by the MAP employees, Dash plaque, and finally take delivery of your Bronco on top of the massive sand pile, nicknamed "Mount ClusterFook".
If the owner should choose this option and tackle "Mount ClusterFook", the $1495 fee for dealership delivery would be refunded.

P.s. "Mount ClusterFook" is now officially trademarked and T-shirts will be available soon.......

Funny you mention this, BMW & Porsche have that experience and its less then $500 for their experience centers utilized for custom delivery on site.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just Curious, WHY would you fully pay for something you don't have yet? Was this a requirement of your dealer? Why are you letting them use your money all these months?
It’s a requirement when ordering through military auto sales. If you are overseas, they are supposed to get you the best deal (they don't) and have a low price guarantee (that they have refused to honor to date).

So I was stationed overseas when I originally started this process and it did allow me to ensure that I got a guaranteed allocation, so there is some benefit, considering that I didn't have a reservation. I didn't actually start the process of getting a Bronco until 15 Jan 2021 and my order wasn't finalized until 4 May 2021, but still got a VIN number on 24 May 2021 and built on 5 Aug 2021 - so there is some benefit for someone like myself who didn't have a reservation.

That said MAS was only allocated 20 MY21 Broncos (according to rumors) and those were assigned by lottery.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the 1st 12 hours that reservations opened and I have heard nothing
ME either... And I'm okay with that.
The Bronco's coming off the line now and are yet to be scheduled won't have the same "they need extra quality checks" like these sun-baked Bronco's spread all over Dearborn 👌

Sponsored

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s a requirement when ordering through military auto sales. If you are overseas, they are supposed to get you the best deal (they don't) and have a low price guarantee (that they have refused to honor to date).

So I was stationed overseas when I originally started this process and it did allow me to ensure that I got a guaranteed allocation, so there is some benefit, considering that I didn't have a reservation. I didn't actually start the process of getting a Bronco until 15 Jan 2021 and my order wasn't finalized until 4 May 2021, but still got a VIN number on 24 May 2021 and built on 5 Aug 2021 - so there is some benefit for someone like myself who didn't have a reservation.

That said MAS was only allocated 20 MY21 Broncos (according to rumors) and those were assigned by lottery.
Well 1st let me say "Thank you for your service!" I am in the financial business so that's why I asked. In my business it is taboo to give up cash! You always use someone else's at a cheap rate and generate a higher return on your cash money! But I do understand your point! :)

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay people... Here it's is...

Some bad MIC tops
Trucks waiting for chips
Delivery logistics
"enter any other speculation here"

It's not any ONE thing and nobody can discount ANY other reason based on speculation. So....
Until Ford OFFICIALLY announces the reason, or Ford OFFICIALLY calls a shutdown or if Ford OFFICIALLY announces sweet f*ck all, we're all just gonna have to wait for our rigs.... Mmkay...? Lol
Count yourself lucky if you got a VIN or an actual Bronco already...
Count yourself lucky if you're waiting for a VIN because surely future production issues WILL be ironed out...
Count yourself lucky that you've gotten swag in the mail from Ford
And count yourself lucky that you're not in an official blackout in Canada with no emails and no swag.

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was in the 1st 12 hours that reservations opened and I have heard nothing
I feel your pain the new Mojave I bought as a fill in almost helps lol

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At least they're covered..
---‐--------------------------------------------
(WWJ) Keep an eye on the sky and prepare to take cover quickly, as forecasters warn that storms headed to metro Detroit on Wednesday could turn severe.

According to the National Weather Service, the primary threat with these storms will be damaging winds up to 60 miles per hour.

Forecasters say isolated tornadoes, large hail up to 1 inch, heavy downpours and lightening are also a potential threat throughout Southeast Michigan.
Sponsored