Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, on a whim, HoosierMomma, HoosierDaughter and I packed up some over night bags and road tripped to Wayne, Mi approx. 3.5 to 4 hours away. We left N. Indiana around 7pm Sunday and stayed at a Hotel in Ann Arbor that I am familiar with. This gave us an oppurtunity to drive around U of M, having to share the streets at Midnight with only a shitload of cops.
HoosierDaughter has taken a liking to U of M because of the swag I bring back from my annual training trips there.
We grubbed on some late night Jimmy Johns ...with several cops, and then we went back to the room and slept.

I had made a reservation to tour the Bronco at 11am Monday at Jack Demmer Ford.
Turns out the only folks I interacted with were the Ford corporate Bronco folks, so I cannot speak to how the local staff was, but I do give deep THANKS to Demmer Ford for giving us this opportunity.

The Bronco on display was the Rapid Red Outer Banks , 4 door, non-Squatch that has been posted here numerous times. I have very little to add, no real new information, but I'll add what I can anyways. Slightly bummed there wasn't a 2 door on hand, but whatever.

I was there for a VERY SHORT amount of time. One trip around the truck and I knew I was 100% good to buy. That was about all I needed....and I wanted to sit in one !!! LOL

Where I was wrong:
1. I have not been a fan of the painted flares, but on this rig, in this color they looked great. I've made a few posts ripping on them, I think I may have to stop that for the time being until I see all the colors in person.

2. The 32's looked just fine also. I was a bit shocked how good the truck looked over all. I truly didn't expect to like the look of the 32's, but they were OK. Now I'm really curious how the Base will look....not that I'll NOT get 33's right away LOL.

Expectations met:
I have read numerous times that the first impression was that the Bronco was bigger than expected. I'm not sure about that, I have a 69 Bronco, so I guess it felt "just right" to me.
It did have a certain presence about it, and this is where those 32's come in, the proportions are fantastic.
The few minutes I was checking out the interior, I thought it looked fine. In the drivers seat, I felt just a touch snugger than our Outback...maybe. Nothing leapt out at me that felt "wrong" ...except maybe the speedo/dash, but nothing was lit at that point, so it's hard telling.
Floor liners look pretty good, I'm ordering them.
I left the front seat most of the way back and got in back and fit just fine ...5-9, 200lbs.

Expectation overshoot:
OH. MY. GOD. , the body lines in person!!!
Being VERY familiar with the Classic Broncos body lines, even with the dip in the door, THIS THING IS A FREAKING BRONCO!!!

Watching the soft top actuation was pretty cool. Still don't want one for here in Indiana though.

The gap between the 32" tire and the crash bar is around 3 or 3 1/4 inches. One crash bar was 3, the other was 3 1/4. The tires were straight at this point.

and some gratuitous pics.
2nd link
(HEY, CHECK OUT ^^^^^ the pics of the HUGE train engine. Hoosierdaughter was standing in the same spot in the three pics...she's 5-2.)
After the Ford dealer we cruised the area, saw a camo'd test Maverick and a few misc. Squatches. Then we visited the Ford museum, the pics are in the link. There are more to add yet also.

Ford Bronco The Hoosier family goes to Wayne, Mi. 1616466635259

Ford Bronco The Hoosier family goes to Wayne, Mi. 1616466817191

Ford Bronco The Hoosier family goes to Wayne, Mi. 1616466717481

Ford Bronco The Hoosier family goes to Wayne, Mi. 1616466762713
Sponsored

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! I extended our Outback lease to give it back leading up to the Bronco delivery. We make due size wise in the outback. I don’t like that the outback is a bit narrow and the bronco is 1” narrower for the interior and an 1” less in total combined legroom. Although I feel that the boxiness/extra headroom make up for the feeling of spaciousness. What are your thoughts there? Do those things offset it? Or does it feel more cramped than an outback?

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats for getting to see it in person. The huge grin is clear even with the mask!

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I extended our Outback lease to give it back leading up to the Bronco delivery. We make due size wise in the outback. I don’t like that the outback is a bit narrow and the bronco is 1” narrower for the interior and an 1” less in total combined legroom. Although I feel that the boxiness/extra headroom make up for the feeling of spaciousness. What are your thoughts there? Do those things offset it? Or does it feel more cramped than an outback?

In the seats, it will most likely be a touch tighter than the OB, front and rear. It was enough to notice but not annoying...for the 2 minutes I was upfront.

Keep in mind, compared to MOST CARS on the road, those OB's are pretty roomy. A 6-6'er will fit comfortably in the back seat with the front ALL THE WAY back.
A car seat in the middle and two kids on either side will fit without too much issue. Hell, maybe two adults, I can't recall.
If the OB is narrow to you, you may need to look at full size SUV's...Expeditions, Tahoes, etc.

The back storage is the reason I still really want to visit a 2 door, which is what I've ordered.
I made a point of opening the rear hatch and sticking my head under the folded soft top.
I'd say 4 door rear storage is pretty close to the OB.

Regardless, I can tell you without a doubt which one I'd rather be driving.
I'm a truck /Bronco guy.
Outbacks are FANTASTIC family cars, but this time, I'm buying HoosierDaddys work commuter/play rig.

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You haven't been in person yet, have you?
You're going to love it!!
I couldn't wait until April-ish, LOL.
I have not!! I'm still patiently waiting!! I can't wait!!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your insight. The painted flares debate is a silly one to have with the fact that they are easily removable. One can have a set of MIC for trail riding and swap out for the painted flares for a night out. IMO, there are certain colors that work better than others with the painted trim pieces (flares/mirror caps). The Iconic Silver pictured below looks amazing. I've not considered the family of grays, but iconic silver gave me pause.

Ford Bronco The Hoosier family goes to Wayne, Mi. Iconic Silver OBX 2 dr

With regards to the stock 32 Duellers, I think they look better on the 2-dr. I'll be fine rolling on them for a short while, but will be looking for 33's with new wheels.

What did you think of the step? Did it interfere with ingress and egress? Did your daughter at 5'2" need it?

Note: Your link to the Google Photo album was not found.

Last edited:

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats on your trip.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your insight. The painted flares debate is a silly one to have with the fact that they are easily removable. One can have a set of MIC for trail riding and swap out for the painted flares for a night out. IMO, there are certain colors that work better than others with the painted trim pieces (flares/mirror caps). The Iconic Silver pictured below looks amazing. I've not considered the family of grays, but iconic silver gave me pause.

With regards to the stock 32 Duellers, I think they look better on the 2-dr. I'll be fine rolling on them for a short while, but will be looking for 33's with new wheels.

What did you think of the step? Did it interfere with ingress and egress? Did your daughter at 5'2" need it?

Note: Your link to the Google Photo album was not found.
Installed 2nd link to try. Lemme know. Thanks.

Good point on the flares swapping out. I know CyOr did not show well in photos and some other colors also.

I understand the look of the 32 is subjective, but if you haven't seen it yet, give it a look. Like I said, it surprised me.

The step was a non-issue to me . It looked good in person and did not interfere with my step in.
I'll ask my daughter if she used it to hop in.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, on a whim, HoosierMomma, HoosierDaughter and I packed up some over night bags and road tripped to Wayne, Mi approx. 3.5 to 4 hours away. We left N. Indiana around 7pm Sunday and stayed at a Hotel in Ann Arbor that I am familiar with. This gave us an oppurtunity to drive around U of M, having to share the streets at Midnight with only a shitload of cops.
HoosierDaughter has taken a liking to U of M because of the swag I bring back from my annual training trips there.
We grubbed on some late night Jimmy Johns ...with several cops, and then we went back to the room and slept.

I had made a reservation to tour the Bronco at 11am Monday at Jack Demmer Ford.
Turns out the only folks I interacted with were the Ford corporate Bronco folks, so I cannot speak to how the local staff was, but I do give deep THANKS to Demmer Ford for giving us this opportunity.

The Bronco on display was the Rapid Red Outer Banks , 4 door, non-Squatch that has been posted here numerous times. I have very little to add, no real new information, but I'll add what I can anyways. Slightly bummed there wasn't a 2 door on hand, but whatever.

I was there for a VERY SHORT amount of time. One trip around the truck and I knew I was 100% good to buy. That was about all I needed....and I wanted to sit in one !!! LOL

Where I was wrong:
1. I have not been a fan of the painted flares, but on this rig, in this color they looked great. I've made a few posts ripping on them, I think I may have to stop that for the time being until I see all the colors in person.

2. The 32's looked just fine also. I was a bit shocked how good the truck looked over all. I truly didn't expect to like the look of the 32's, but they were OK. Now I'm really curious how the Base will look....not that I'll NOT get 33's right away LOL.

Expectations met:
I have read numerous times that the first impression was that the Bronco was bigger than expected. I'm not sure about that, I have a 69 Bronco, so I guess it felt "just right" to me.
It did have a certain presence about it, and this is where those 32's come in, the proportions are fantastic.
The few minutes I was checking out the interior, I thought it looked fine. In the drivers seat, I felt just a touch snugger than our Outback...maybe. Nothing leapt out at me that felt "wrong" ...except maybe the speedo/dash, but nothing was lit at that point, so it's hard telling.
Floor liners look pretty good, I'm ordering them.
I left the front seat most of the way back and got in back and fit just fine ...5-9, 200lbs.

Expectation overshoot:
OH. MY. GOD. , the body lines in person!!!
Being VERY familiar with the Classic Broncos body lines, even with the dip in the door, THIS THING IS A FREAKING BRONCO!!!

Watching the soft top actuation was pretty cool. Still don't want one for here in Indiana though.

The gap between the 32" tire and the crash bar is around 3 or 3 1/4 inches. One crash bar was 3, the other was 3 1/4. The tires were straight at this point.

and some gratuitous pics.
2nd link
(HEY, CHECK OUT ^^^^^ the pics of the HUGE train engine. Hoosierdaughter was standing in the same spot in the three pics...she's 5-2.)
After the Ford dealer we cruised the area, saw a camo'd test Maverick and a few misc. Squatches. Then we visited the Ford museum, the pics are in the link. There are more to add yet also.

Welcome from the Great Lake State.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
how did you feel about the Navy Pier in person?

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing....living in a small community in Canada it'll most likely be a while before I can actually see a Bronco in person and relish, see what I did there (Oscar Meyer car), the personal reviews of the vehicle. I'm not a fan of the rapid red but the images you captured, did it justice!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The painted flares, step, and painted mirrors give it an overall high-end look. The wheels are just right for me. This picture says it all. Thanks for the post and congratulations on the road trip!
Sponsored