Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. ...
I would honestly be VERY surprised if the soft top wasn't standard on everything for MY22, because they know the hard tops will be in short supply and/or late availability.
Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to an article on Bronco Nation, Bronco Wildtrak with Soft Top Now Standard in MY22

Ford Wildtrack Bronco Soft Top.png

BREAKING: BRONCO WILDTRAK WITH SOFT TOP NOW STANDARD IN MY22
Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.​
In an apparent effort to lower complexity and remove constraints, Ford announced the 2022 model year move to dealers today. Although the 2021 model year is likely to run late into the fourth quarter, dealers and consumers are expected to see additional news related to 2022 model year changes over the next few days.​
Greatest of All Tops?
Currently, unscheduled orders with hard tops have been moved to MY22. Additionally, Ford announced last week that consumers with hard tops will be offered a replacement. Who would have thought when the 2021 Bronco was revealed a year ago that the focus of the launch would be a molded top?​
So with an unprecedented 125,000 Bronco orders in the bank, this news on a popular model should begin to ease production concerns.​
This is the latest move Ford has taken to alleviate address hard top issues, other items the company has offered include:​
  • Exclusive promotional items (such as the design development poster)
    • Invites to exclusive Ride and Drive events
    • Invite to Off-Roadeo ahead of vehicle delivery
    • $250 voucher to Off-Roadeo
    • Up to $1,100 in FordPass rewards points
    • Price protection until ā€™23
    • Free hard top prep kit
    • Free NVH headliner
We expect an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have built units held at the assembly plant (September timing estimate), and an estimated vehicle timing for customers who have been scheduled (October timing estimate).​
Bronco Roof Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.​
Q: Can I switch to a soft top now and have a chance at a 4-door ā€™21 Wildtrak?​
A: No. You can switch to a soft top now, but you will not receive a Wildtrak in 2021.​
Q: If I want to switch my order to a soft top, when do I need to do this by?​
A: We can expect additional information in the days to come.​
Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ā€™22?​
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.​

For additional FAQs regarding tops, visit the Ford support pages. The company is continually adding to these resources.
Can Somebody clarify the MY22 statement. I have a WT with MIC unscheduled 2021 that Ford said you get with a reduced price because the Painted Tops were not available. Ford also gave us the headliner for free. OK so now we move unscheduled 2021 to 2022 model year. Is Ford saying now you CAN'T get a MIC Top it is an OPTION !!!! for 2022 for 2021 orders????
If so this conflicts with the statement:

Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ā€™22?
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.

I know my Bronco6G members will clarify this for me. The "Goal Post" keeps moving and Ford needs to put production issues and timelines to rest now. Unbelievable.

bk4gbay

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F-350 STX, '06 Fusion SE, '19 Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Out of the hundreds of Broncos I built on B&P, I picked the one that canā€™t be builtā€¦a 2 door WT MOD topā€¦.just my luck. šŸ˜ž

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the soft top WildTrack my dealer has. Perhaps there are a few more out there. Itā€™s for sale when it gets to 4 k.
There is no mileage in-service requirement. The only in-service requirement is 6 months from delivery. A dealer can lock it up and let it serve as a showroom princess or let it be driven. Some dealers have taken deposits and others won't, it varies from dealership to dealership.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

interesting... that means that no models will have the Mod top as standard. I think that is the last nail in the coffin of Mod tops. They won't be coming in 2023 or ever is my guess.
Why? As of the announcement months ago, MOD top wasn't coming until '23 regardless from a different supplier. For '22, this opens up more access to Wildtrak and helps alleviate additional potential MIC delays.

I'd guess once they get MOD top production up and running, it'll return to standard on Wildtrak for '23.

Wildtrak was always MIC top as standard. So now for MY22 it will be soft top standard. Well I still want a MIC top so I guess we will see if the price protection really works since they are moving to MIC as option.
As pointed out by others, it was originally MOD top standard.

Same for me... I went with a WildTrak build [over a Badlands] because things I wanted came standard. However, if MY21 WildTrak MIC top is standard, will we have to modify the order to include the MY22 optional MIC...

Wait, I have an idea... what about the Modular Top that was advertised in all the cool videos and show reveals?! For those who have been around long enough, you might recall the WildTrak came standard with the Modular hard top. #thingsthatmakeyougohmmm
We've known for months now that the MOD top would be '23. I don't like it either, but getting upset over this news I really don't understand. Just tell your dealer you want to stick with the hardtop, and no biggy. This news allows people to swap to soft top and get theirs sooner if they want.

As I said above, I won't be surprised if this is a '22 MY only setup for Wildtrak - and reverts to MOD top standard for '23.

I would honestly be VERY surprised if the soft top wasn't standard on everything for MY22, because they know the hard tops will be in short supply and/or late availability.
It is at this point, aside from 2 doors, of course.

Can Somebody clarify the MY22 statement. I have a WT with MIC unscheduled 2021 that Ford said you get with a reduced price because the Painted Tops were not available. Ford also gave us the headliner for free. OK so now we move unscheduled 2021 to 2022 model year. Is Ford saying now you CAN'T get a MIC Top it is an OPTION !!!! for 2022 for 2021 orders????
If so this conflicts with the statement:

Q: If I decide to keep my unscheduled 4-door Wildtrak order with a hard top, when will I receive my Bronco in ā€™22?
A: It will depend on your timestamp and available commodities.

I know my Bronco6G members will clarify this for me. The "Goal Post" keeps moving and Ford needs to put production issues and timelines to rest now. Unbelievable.
Did you read it? Literally the 3rd sentence answers your question:

Ford has confirmed that the 4-door Wildtrak Broncos will come standard with a soft top for the 2022 model year. So far, the Wildtrak trim has only been available with a hard top for both 2- and 4-door units. The hard top prep kit will be included, and the previously standard mold in color (MIC) hard top will be an option.

For '22, like other trims - soft top is standard, MIC is an option.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
interesting... that means that no models will have the Mod top as standard. I think that is the last nail in the coffin of Mod tops. They won't be coming in 2023 or ever is my guess.
Haven't they been saying 2023 for mod tops for a while now? My guess is another team is working with the new supplier of mod tops and others are dealing with the MIC and soft top issues that they expect to fix in 21-22.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak was always MIC top as standard. So now for MY22 it will be soft top standard. Well I still want a MIC top so I guess we will see if the price protection really works since they are moving to MIC as option.
Completely false, WT was standard Mod top, then price reduced and forced to MIC.
So then the Wildtrak will have a price decrease to comp for the cheaper top?
They should, unless price protection is a crock o' crap, but I think we all know what will happen.
That would be a long shot to cancel the MODs altogether. How many shiny painted tops do you see on the Jeeps? Quite a few. Far more Painted than MIC in my neck of the woods anyway. Maybe even more painted Jeep tops than soft.
I still maintain Mod top is likely done, they will have a simplified version with non-removable windows that can be painted, but won't be the same as the promised Mod top.
I don't believe any Wrangler comes standard with their painted top either but it's still a popular option. They'll be coming eventually. Sooner than later if Ford is smart.
See above;
FE was MOD then MIC. WT was MIC with optional MOD that they then took away so MY21 was MIC only. Now MY22 WT is Soft with MIC option.
Still completely wrong no matter how much you repeat it. WT was Mod standard top from launch, order reduction and forced to MIC later. (The Mod top paint matched the grill and rear emblem)

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
FE was MOD then MIC. WT was MIC with optional MOD that they then took away so MY21 was MIC only. Now MY22 WT is Soft with MIC option.
Shell Game . . . .

Shell Game - 2.gif

Sponsored

Johnnycab

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no mileage in-service requirement. The only in-service requirement is 6 months from delivery. A dealer can lock it up and let it serve as a showroom princess or let it be driven. Some dealers have taken deposits and others won't, it varies from dealership to dealership.
I think the salesperson did say it was a time thing. I remember a 4 so he must of said 4 months then theyā€™ll sell it. Itā€™s currently available for test rides.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
("If you want to expedite getting your 4-door Wildtrak as fast as possible in 2022, switch to the soft top.")
That doesn't sound like the MIC top fiasco will be over next year. So much for being optimistic.
I read that a little differently. No Wildtrak in 21 regardless of what top you choose. The other point, if you want it faster, switch to soft top. Obviously with most wanting the MIC will keep the supply tight for some time, not that there won't be any MIC.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of the hundreds of Broncos I built on B&P, I picked the one that canā€™t be builtā€¦a 2 door WT MOD topā€¦.just my luck. šŸ˜ž
89% of all 2 door orders are in the trash somewhere at a Ford facility.........

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perhaps only 2dr will get the MIC tops for MY22
Sponsored