First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for letting me be apart of the Bronco6G family.

I just ordered a 2022 WildTrak in white with the hard top, tow package and the Lux package.

My wife wants the soft and I want the hard top for those cold winter days. So we compromised. I figured I would order the Bronco with the hard top and order the approved "Retractable Full Soft Top Twill" but after my research it looks like it is not a direct replacement to the factory soft top and it would be a pain in *** to swap out the soft top with the hard top compared to the factory soft top.

If I'm right, the one that you can get is made by Bestop.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...stall-and-hardtop-removal-video-by-tfl.21969/

The factory soft top. I like the operation of the top and the ease of removal.

So my question is, can we purchase the factory soft top that Ford uses separate. If we are able to, does anyone have the part number for it.

I
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should be able to purchase the factory soft top separately from the dealer at some unknown point in the future once Ford catches up with demand. Most seem to think it'll be 2023 or 2024... but we really have no idea. Ford has an extremely desirable vehicle on their hands and they are having a difficult time getting all the components they need.

You should also be able to buy the hard top separately, but I would highly recommend getting the hard top from the factory, as the cost of freight shipping for the hard top separately means it'll probably cost $3500 - $4000. The soft top separately will probably be closer to $2000, because... well... it can be folded up into a smaller box. Although important to note that Ford hasn't announced pricing yet, and there is such a high demand for hard tops that if you pick a soft top now you may actually get your Bronco sooner.

And if you wait long enough, Ford should eventually offer a dual top option, which comes with both the hard top and soft top from the factory... but again... probably not happening until 2024-ish.

So you really have three options:
  1. Pick soft top now, get your Bronco sooner. But pay for more for a hard top later.
  2. Get hard top now, get your Bronco later, but pay less for the soft top later.
  3. Put your 2022 order on old and wait for Ford to offer the dual top option. Probably will be the cheapest option, but you'll be waiting for your Bronco the longest.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My .02 - there is an upcoming energy shortage which is already affecting manufacturing in China, we are seeing seaborne shipping costs rise 5x in recent months, and Trudeau and Biden-imposed carbon taxes are adding $$$ to everrything made or moved. I think availability of goods is going to be pinched further, and costs will rise to cover expenses.

For these reasons I switched my order in September to a soft top and immediately got a MY21 build (currently in the Nov 1 build week). I figured it’s better to get the majority of my Bronco as I want it now and add the MIC when available.

Waiting and delaying your order may have consequences you’ve not yet considered.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You should be able to purchase the factory soft top separately from the dealer at some unknown point in the future once Ford catches up with demand. Most seem to think it'll be 2023 or 2024... but we really have no idea. Ford has an extremely desirable vehicle on their hands and they are having a difficult time getting all the components they need.

You should also be able to buy the hard top separately, but I would highly recommend getting the hard top from the factory, as the cost of freight shipping for the hard top separately means it'll probably cost $3500 - $4000. The soft top separately will probably be closer to $2000, because... well... it can be folded up into a smaller box. Although important to note that Ford hasn't announced pricing yet, and there is such a high demand for hard tops that if you pick a soft top now you may actually get your Bronco sooner.

And if you wait long enough, Ford should eventually offer a dual top option, which comes with both the hard top and soft top from the factory... but again... probably not happening until 2024-ish.

1. Pick soft top now, get your Bronco sooner. But pay for more for a hard top later.
  2. Get hard top now, get your Bronco later, but pay less for the soft top later.
  3. Put your 2022 order on old and wait for Ford to offer the dual top option. Probably will be the cheapest option, but you'll be waiting for your Bronco the longest.
Great advice

Op many worried about thr soft top in winter but with the very efficient vent system for heat, and ability to remotely turn on your Broncos heat, I think it's going to be less of a concern than you think @Cowboy7123

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My .02 - there is an upcoming energy shortage which is already affecting manufacturing in China, we are seeing seaborne shipping costs rise 5x in recent months, and Trudeau and Biden-imposed carbon taxes are adding $$$ to everrything made or moved. I think availability of goods is going to be pinched further, and costs will rise to cover expenses.

For these reasons I switched my order in September to a soft top and immediately got a MY21 build (currently in the Nov 1 build week). I figured it’s better to get the majority of my Bronco as I want it now and add the MIC when available.

Waiting and delaying your order may have consequences you’ve not yet considered.
Wow. This is true. It's hard to plan for the future when things are not happening according to the way they have in the past.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cowboy7123

Wildtrak
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I didn't know you could put the order on hold. Do you still keep your date if you do that or does it reset?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The factory soft top is currently more expensive than the aftermarket soft tops. I would get the bestop.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't know you could put the order on hold. Do you still keep your date if you do that or does it reset?
If you have a reservation, it keeps your reservation date.

The Ford-speak for putting your order on hold is to "99 your order". Essentially the dealer just puts a priority code 99 on your order, which is the "Do not build this order" code.

More info here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/what-do-the-priority-codes-mean.25558/#post-892850

Just be aware that there is no 100% guarantee that it'll be cheaper if you wait for the dual-top option. It will probably be cheaper, but with the way inflation is right now... hard to predict that sorta stuff.

Reactions: jxc

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I would rather ensure I get the color I want now and add a MIC later. Who know, maybe by that point there will be different factory or aftermarket options that are nicer/improved.
Sponsored