Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This just in. Ford renames the FE to the FU edition. It's navy pier or suck it! :p

Just kidding of course. It's only been a week and we've got ~9 months to go...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone crunched the numbers of the FE vs a Badlands optioned out to the FE level? If the FE is more I will probably drop down due to the oversaturation, the blue interior, and the lack of exterior colors. I still might keep it if they come out with a better interior, but I can't get around that Navy Pier. Leather just wasn't meant to be blue.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with those who think this was what happened:

They sold 3501 - 6000 of these FEs in the initial 2 days before they announced "No mas! No mas!"

They know some of those FEs reserved trucks are going to be cancelled - but how many?

By increasing them to 7000, they can cover all that were reserved and when people cancel them, those cancelled FEs can go to either special projects (friends, donations, celebrities, movies, employees) or dealerships.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn, beat me to it. Just came in here to post that.

7,000 angry people about a shitty blue interior. CANT WAIT
Who would have thought this could happen? I guess it shows a lot of things still in flux and Ford may listen to customers. Perhaps, there's 3500 unhappy people right now. I wonder about the other 3500 that just got a 2nd chance?

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not gonna lie if somehow I’ll be able to upgrade to a FE 2 door I’m doing it. I imagine there’s still going to be a chance closer to ordering time with cancellations and what not

RMGCO

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got the same email. That is BS - the 'exclusivity' of the FE has officially been cut in half. Ford trying to make a few extra bucks on the highest priced model.

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford CEO email: [email protected]

I've had luck emailing Mark Fields in the past (Ford's prior chief)
Here is the email I just sent:

Dear Mr. Hackett,

First, let me congratulate you on a very successful Bronco launch. This will make my fifth Ford and I can not tell you how excited I am to bring this vehicle home. I reserved my Bronco First Edition within the first hour of reservations opening and, even with the doubling of the quantity Ford will produce, I remain excited with one exception, the interior.

There are a lot of concerns amongst us future First Edition owners that we will be paying a premium, but have no choice but Navy Pier for the interior. Although this color might be acceptable to some customers, my personal feeling is that does not coordinate with the vehicle well, lacks a level of uniqueness for this price point, does not fit with the "Bronco" culture you are attempting to create, and will not be the head-turner that a special edition should be.

Personally, when I look at the interior you posted at launch and on Bronco Nation, I believe that that is the appropriate interior for this vehicle and would like the opportunity to have this, or something similar, in my Bronco so I can appropriately brag about my Ford product, thus increasing Ford's potential Bronco sales (looking for a win-win).

It is my sincerest hope that you have already looked at this matter and will be offering the same number of interior options as you are offering paint offerings to allow the Bronco First Edition owners the ability to choose something that excites them and excites all those that see the First Edition.

Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Robert XXXXX
Bronco First Edition Reservation ID number: XXXXXXXX
Bronco Nation Member Number: XXX

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco bumped up to 7,000 production limit! 1595361841827

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree with those who think this was what happened:

They sold 3501 - 6000 of these FEs in the initial 2 days before they announced "No mas! No mas!"

They know some of those FEs reserved trucks are going to be cancelled - but how many?

By increasing them to 7000, they can cover all that were reserved and when people cancel them, those cancelled FEs can go to either special projects (friends, donations, celebrities, movies, employees) or dealerships.
My wife calls me, "Special Project" so I hope your correct!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm still optimistic it'll have another interior option
Wasn't anyone aware of the color when they reserved? While it's not my favorite, I'd be OK with it. Solid black would be my first choice.

Sponsored

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I wonder about the other 3500 that just got a 2nd chance?
Technically, if they over sold those 3,500 people never knew they weren't in the running to get one.
But I agree the fall out from this "should" be a little better than if they had to tell 3,500 people: "Hey you know that confirmation email you got stating you scored a First Edition?.......yeah about that, our bad"

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here is the email I just sent:

Dear Mr. Hackett,

First, let me congratulate you on a very successful Bronco launch. This will make my fifth Ford and I can not tell you how excited I am to bring this vehicle home. I reserved my Bronco First Edition within the first hour of reservations opening and, even with the doubling of the quantity Ford will produce, I remain excited with one exception, the interior.

There are a lot of concerns amongst us future First Edition owners that we will be paying a premium, but have no choice but Navy Pier for the interior. Although this color might be acceptable to some customers, my personal feeling is that does not coordinate with the vehicle well, lacks a level of uniqueness for this price point, does not fit with the "Bronco" culture you are attempting to create, and will not be the head-turner that a special edition should be.

Personally, when I look at the interior you posted at launch and on Bronco Nation, I believe that that is the appropriate interior for this vehicle and would like the opportunity to have this, or something similar, in my Bronco so I can appropriately brag about my Ford product, thus increasing Ford's potential Bronco sales (looking for a win-win).

It is my sincerest hope that you have already looked at this matter and will be offering the same number of interior options as you are offering paint offerings to allow the Bronco First Edition owners the ability to choose something that excites them and excites all those that see the First Edition.

Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Robert XXXXX
Bronco First Edition Reservation ID number: XXXXXXXX
Bronco Nation Member Number: XXX

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco bumped up to 7,000 production limit! 1595361841827
i too emailed Mr Hackett and wasn't nearly as professional as you-- however, i did express my displeasure.