First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I never put extra value on it being a limited edition, but for those that do, that was just diluted. I just typically purchase vehicles that are fully optioned and the FE fit that criteria. I don't like the limited color choices or the blue interior. I hope there are other interior options when ordering opens up. I also don't like the tall safari bar that blocks the front lettering. That will be replaced with the low bar shown on the yellow 2 door.

There is also still the confusion on dealer choice for the FE. I've read on here that all other trims are able to change dealers but not the FE. Also no x plan on FE so the you're at the mercy of the dealer.
Pricing also seems a little high. I think a fully optioned Wildtrak or Badlands would be $10K less than the FE if I can't get any discount on FE but can on other trims.
Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My hope is that if they can make this change for the quantity, they can make a change for the interior. In fact, I am willing to wait a bit longer for my FE if I get a better interior. I always have the option to go to reservation number two, which is a Badlands. I am not stuck on it being an FE, especially since the future value of it was just diminished.
We all hope for a better interior. I think we should all email Ford execs and get on this before it's too late.

jbronc

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I kind of assumed there would be 3500 2 door and 3500 4 door. What do you think fully loaded wildtrak will be in comparison? Still $7k under?
This is what I was thinking the numbers were all along. Not a big deal, definitely does not make me over react and back out....

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't mean any disrespect, but looking through your posts I'm just seeing places where you state this as a fact. Admittedly I can't go through all of them, so if you have a source link to any evidence or official communications from Ford/Ford employees, I'd appreciate the knowledge. Thank you!
It would be incredibly surprising and unusual if there was more than one interior for the FE. Look at Fords history, it's very common for there to only be one interior on the range topping models. The 'Limited' F-series, The RS, the FE Sports, the Mach E, and so on. Just accept that there will only be one interior and we can all be thrilled and surprised if they give us another option.

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree, I think with all the website madness they "accidentally" reserved too many and they don't want to have to go back and tell customers "oops you didn't actually get one". I think they figure this will piss off less people.

Sponsored

robfromthebeach

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This can actually turn out good for some. At the launch we all had to jump in line without the benefit of understanding fully what the hell the different options were. I jumped on the FE because I like limited run, well optioned vehicles. Now that this has come out, how special is an FE now? I’m glad that I now know that I am not limited to my FE res. I may ultimately stick with the FE but now I’m going too look around a bit. I want to make mine as retro looking as possible with the most appointments/options I can get.
I agree completely.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is what I was thinking the numbers were all along. Not a big deal, definitely does not make me over react and back out....
Right, but, the numbers never had to do with door count though; they simply oversold is all.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Im not too upset about the 7k vs 3500 although it does kill me feeling super special inside..... but there is still time for Ford to make it unique enough to garner the price (white top, additional extras that havent been listed like free for life Off Rodeos at all locations).

If they limit the interior to blue, they may lose me and Ill just option the hell out of the Badlands. Im hoping that isnt the case, but I wouldnt put it passed them.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
3500 vs 7000 doesn’t matter to me. I reserved the FE because I like the combo of the options that it has applied (and blue interior with orange exterior sounds good to me).
However, I’m also operating under the assumption that the MSRP of the FE isn’t significantly more than the actual cost of the options it comes with. If that ends up not being true, I’ll switch trims. I don’t think 7k or 3.5k limit adds much value, especially if they do as many special trims as Jeep does every model year.

Sponsored

fronc

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition | 4 Door | Cactus Grey
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will just summarize a bit:

The First Edition Bronco Sport has the same navy pier interior and the same, limited, four exterior color choices.

In the leaked JSON last night as well from 72roadster, the navy pier interior was the only interior available.
Your first point about the Bronco Sport is certainly true, but the 72roadster JSON can't be taken as absolute truth. Otherwise why would 2-door be an "allowable option" on a 4 door vehicle? I see a number of inconsistencies so maybe it's not complete. BUT... I would agree it's looking like blue will be the only option with this info so far.

Here's the relevant snippet for those who are interested:

Code:
{
  "selected": [
    "4 Door",
    "FIRST EDITION"
  ],
  "excluded": [
    "Cloth",
    "Marine Grade Vinyl",
    "Cloth Seats",
    "Cloth Seats with Medium Standstone",
    "Marine Grade Vinyl Seats with Dark Space Gray",
    "Cloth Seats with Navy Pier",
    "Cloth Seats with Roast/Black",
    "Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats with Roast/Black",
    "Marine Grade Vinyl Seats",
    "Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats",
    "Cloth Sandstone Seats",
    "Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats with Medium Standstone",
     ],
  "allowable": [
    "2 Door",
    "4 Door",
    ],
  "included": [
    "Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl",
    "Leather-Trimmed/Vinyl Seats with Navy Pier",
    ]
    }

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I honestly don't get the big deal of 3500 vs 7k. Still just a small fraction ( likely 7% or less) of the MY2021 produced, and then decreasing after each model year after that. I think if it was originally 1750 then it went up to 3500 people would still complain

At the end of the day, having a 6g bronco in general won't be that unique after a few years
Not to disagree, but every extra one does matter in terms of future resale. Regardless, for me, it really is becoming a stack-up of issues with the way Ford is handling this. First, it is the cost, then the limited paint colors, then the idea that Ford is going to ram "Naval Pier" down our throats at this cost point, then a hit to the uniqueness. Of these, the interior is giving me the most pause and I will wait to see what Ford does. I have high hopes that they are listening to the buyers and will allow us to pick from a couple of color schemes.

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Your first point about the Bronco Sport is certainly true, but the 72roadster JSON can't be taken as absolute truth. Otherwise why would 2-door be an "allowable option" on a 4 door vehicle? I see a number of inconsistencies so maybe it's not complete. BUT... I would agree it's looking like blue will be the only option with this info so far.

Here's the relevant snippet for those who are interested:
The 'allowable' portion just means you can change the door count while inside the configurator is all.

Reactions: BE_
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am completely OK with Having 3500 more of us First Editions running around ?? and on a note
Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco bumped up to 7,000 production limit! FA8668FD-FACC-4FA3-A642-B1FD0A87C014
I talkEd to somebody here in metro Detroit who assured me there are going to be other interior color choices for the F.E.s. besides navy puke ?

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big news for FE folks

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco bumped up to 7,000 production limit! FA8668FD-FACC-4FA3-A642-B1FD0A87C014
I try to reserve it as soon as I receive the email. It did not allow me to. Still shows as unavailable to reserve. I tried again a few minutes ago hoping that it was just like crashing
Sponsored