BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are you talking about the keypad? Again, I'm not sure because I haven't seen one on a vehicle. But I would guess it is a stick on one like the Ranger. I'm not sure how else they would do it since there are no frames on the doors. Most other Ford vehicles have the keypad on the B-pillar in the door frame. Obviously you can't do that with the Bronco.
Exactly. I was hoping they would've put it on the driver door like the 2014 F150, and since the door is removable, it wouldn't matter if someone took the door off since they wouldn't need their keys.

Stick on is a bummer and doesn't look pleasing.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is interesting ... in the Raptor world .. the colored interiors are coveted (2 examples below). I think you guys should reserve your opinions until you actually see the FE interior in real life.

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco bumped up to 7,000 production limit! 1595362989869

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco bumped up to 7,000 production limit! 1595363029140

Last edited:

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is interesting ... in the Raptor world .. the colored interiors are coveted (2 examples below). I think you guys should reserve your opinions until you actually see the FE interrior in real life.
Looks like the Raptor interior designer wasn't an intern at least; that looks miles better than FE Bronco.

Sponsored

Austin_Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Viper GTS, '11 WRX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

completely depends on what badlands brings to the table.

but yeah, Im not buying an FE for "exclusivity" or "collectability".

I reserved it because I wanted the suspension and the leather. if I can build a more exact version of a badlands the way I want it, with brown leather, Ill do that.
Agree - it's less exclusivity, and more resale. Given a similar spec'ed out Badlands or a something different First Edition, I went with the FE. If the purchase price is the same (and that's a big if), I'd rather have the thing with the higher potential resale value.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I don't know about that since they do mention in the email that they understand the desire to cancel. I think they might even be counting on folks to cancel. They may have massively oversold the FE reservations to the point where 7000 doesn't cover it. I'm really wondering if anybody has gotten or will get an email stating that they didn't make the 7k cut. From Ford's perspective that sounds so unpleasant to have to decide when to send that email out. Glad I'm over here just consuming their goods. :)
I have a feeling someone realized they need something in the showrooms and the FE is probably the best choice. That will drive customers to add options on lesser models.

Billm0066

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My hope is that if they can make this change for the quantity, they can make a change for the interior. In fact, I am willing to wait a bit longer for my FE if I get a better interior. I always have the option to go to reservation number two, which is a Badlands. I am not stuck on it being an FE, especially since the future value of it was just diminished.
you don’t need two reservations unless you want two cars. You can place an order for whatever you want in December.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always thought these special edition items were custom colored/designed so they stand out as that special something. When you can customize colors/interiors etc it makes it no different than a wildtrak etc.....isn't that the point?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But aren't there a number of other versions with various color options? Why get an FE?
This.

The FE interior is ugly, for sure, but I don't get the people that are complaining they are "stuck" with it and sending emails about it. You are the ones that reserved it. You didn't look before you did? I get there was a rush to get the FE... But if you weren't willing to live with whatever options it has maybe you shouldn't have been so quick to pull the trigger.

Sponsored

rcbickle

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 FX4, BMW M550i, BMW Z4, Mini Cooper, Bronco First Edition Reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But aren't there a number of other versions with various color options? Why get an FE?
First, the real point is that the "Navy Pier" is in no way unique and is a retread from other vehicles. The Bronco is suppose to be its own car line. Why is it getting the Ford Truck Interior? And ask yourself, if you saw a Bronco sitting in a parking lot with the "Navy Pier" interior, would you honestly say "Wow!"?
Second, FE owners are paying a premium for more than just the interior. It will have a unique hood and badging.
Third, many FE owners (like me) are buying it because it is a complete package at a single price point that is supposed to take the best of each package and make a super nice Bronco. "Navy Pier" does not do that for me.
Fourth, since Ford has not told us what the different options will cost, it is hard to judge if a FE is a good or bad value in comparison to a personally configured lower model.
Lastly, many FE owners (like me) are hedging our bets. For me, I am looking at the Badlands. Although I will lose the uniqueness of an FE, based on what I see on the Sport builder and the Bronco Series Comparison Guide, I will get what I think is something that will look a hell of a lot better than a FE with "Navy Pier".
Hope this explains the "why."

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best part of that email is you can officially get out of the FE.
100% going badlands now, made a new reservation two days later just in case you couldn’t. Glad I’ll be able to use my reveal reservation!

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the talk of a blue interior? I missed something.
Looks like a lot of people missed that. It was on the Sport so it's not like something was being hidden.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man all this bitching about an interior that we have only seen cgi images of remind me when people were freaking out about the 2 door based on the 7/8 clay model. Calm down people and quit being so crazy. Originally the 2017 gt was supposed to be only 500 cars but demand was so great they’ve almost tripled production of that car, and it’s a $500,000 car!
Sponsored