First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no financial upside for the honest dealers to do this, it will cost them labor money to participate, will be a low rate of participation. The true problem is one of perception; if someone is aware of the program and doesn't get the maximum, even if they understand the dealer might only get $100 or so for each order, they will feel they were cheated because someone with connections might get more. It is the VIP program all over again. People won't be happy if they get a hat because someone else might get two hats. It is human nature. This will piss off more customers then it appeases. (And the appeased will grumble they didn't get more), it will do the opposite of what they claim is the intent. It is another unforced error knee jerk reaction from Ford. Totally tone deaf. One internet 'influencer' saying they got a cool toy and it is a PR disaster.
Sponsored

Bronco Hink

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well hear me out, I have an issue with the paint on my bronco which ford said they would cover, all dealerships around here said that I would still have to pay for some of the work because Ford wouldn't cover it completely (they said they would) and that it would take at least 2 weeks to fix and I would need to rent a car from because Ford won't provide a courtesy car , and their rental were between 30 and 60 a day (depending on dealer) I was also told that when my hard top comes in I would have to pay to get them tinted again. Shaddy dealerships, maybe it's just my area but they all are trying to get money on top of what Ford is giving them. So would it really be a stretch for them to give oil change or service vouchers under that deal and never follow through with the service or something of that nature. The bronco is amazing but Ford and their (independent) dealers leave something to be desired. Not saying all dealers are like that and from what I can tell by the way people talk about granger there are some dealerships that are examples of how it should be.
Hi. If you could please briefly elaborate on your paint issue I think it would be to lots of our interest. You’ve maybe seen the recent thread by the owner experiencing paint issues and it could be unrelated or potentially an issue. Not to get too deep into the hypotheticals but it would also add a lot of explanation why Ford is possibly holding 1,000’s at Dirt Mountain being exposed to the weather. Thank you

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi. If you could please briefly elaborate on your paint issue I think it would be to lots of our interest. You’ve maybe seen the recent thread by the owner experiencing paint issues and it could be unrelated or potentially an issue. Not to get too deep into the hypotheticals but it would also add a lot of explanation why Ford is possibly holding 1,000’s at Dirt Mountain being exposed to the weather. Thank you
I will have to take a picture next time I can because I only noticed it once I took the top off, I could best describe and pebble in the paint, they tried to tell me it is suppose to be that way but it's only on one side, so one side would be wrong. It's hard to get a good picture since my bronco is black

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, it’s not the program that’s the issue.

The program clearly states that any customer who reserved and has an order (scheduled or unscheduled) or has already taken delivery is included. A 99 order on a reservation is still a customer who qualifies.

It’s weird that disbursement to dealers doesn’t count 99 customers in their formula for dealers. But it still makes sense that a dealer would want to take care of them too. Presumably the dealer will still be reimbursed for spending toward 99 orders.
The material clearly states not for those orders that are "99'd"

Ford Bronco Ford's Bronco Customer Satisfaction Funds Plan Will Help Dealers Manage Order Waits 99

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The material clearly states not for those orders that are "99'd"

99.png
Read the next section titled “customer eligibility” and tell me where that excludes 99ers.

The section you highlighted just states how funds are allocated to the dealers. Notice how it doesn’t say funds are allocated based on customers who already took delivery either? The eligibility doesn’t exclude 99ers or people who took delivery.

Ford is probably assuming that the bulk of help will go to people who have been affected by the MIC delay. People who 99’d are likely aware that they are waiting because of X commodity being delayed into 22/23. Meanwhile customers who took orders are likely not going to be a customer who needs to be appeased either. But if a dealer wants to reach out to either of those customers and offer them something, the dealer will be reimbursed by ford. Maybe the dealer knows a customer took a soft top instead of a MIC so they could get their order quicker (and thus make the dealer some money) so they call them after the vehicle has already been delivered and say “hey if you want to swing back in, we’ve got a special gift for you to thank you for your purchase and say we’re sorry your first choice was delayed.”

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Read the next section titled “customer eligibility” and tell me where that excludes 99ers.

The section you highlighted just states how funds are allocated to the dealers. Notice how it doesn’t say funds are allocated based on customers who already took delivery either? The eligibility doesn’t exclude 99ers or people who took delivery.

The section you refer to also does not say it includes 99's specifically, after specifying they are not part of the program overview immediately prior. Honestly this is just another poorly worded bit of information from Ford with room for interpretation either way, par for the course with their communications honestly :rolleyes:

I would interpret that as 99's are not included. If someone 99'd their reservation does Ford consider that a converted order? Does Ford consider that if someone chose to 99 their order then the wait was their choice and not Ford's responsibility to "manage the wait"?

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford should just give Ford bucks (rewards) or whatever they are called for customers who got screwed waiting for their Broncos (like me with my 2nd day reservation) instead of this dealers choice thing.
Like someone is going to say " you know I'm really hard up financially even though I'm buying this $55k new vehicle, hey brother can you spare some change?"
Holy moly. With the rewards at least Ford will get a lot of their money back charging $180 an hour labor for routine service, oil changes, etc...

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no financial upside for the honest dealers to do this, it will cost them labor money to participate, will be a low rate of participation. The true problem is one of perception; if someone is aware of the program and doesn't get the maximum, even if they understand the dealer might only get $100 or so for each order, they will feel they were cheated because someone with connections might get more. It is the VIP program all over again. People won't be happy if they get a hat because someone else might get two hats. It is human nature. This will piss off more customers then it appeases. (And the appeased will grumble they didn't get more), it will do the opposite of what they claim is the intent. It is another unforced error knee jerk reaction from Ford. Totally tone deaf. One internet 'influencer' saying they got a cool toy and it is a PR disaster.
Agreed. And if Ford is providing $1,000.00 for every Reservation/Order holder....then some of us just might expect that full $1,000.00 Why wouldn't we.....the Dealer is reimbursed by Ford.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will end up being an avenue for Ford dealers to give away mounds of stuff to their buddy’s, relatives and employees who have a Bronco on order. The rest of us will get Jack out of this because we are not part of the inner circle. Think about how “priority” orders have been handled.
This is exactly what I'm expecting.

The people buying Bronco's get a $2 hammock, and the dealer gets $1000 in stuff to give their friends and family.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This may of been said but I’m not going to read 17 pages.

It’s a simple solution where everyone wins. Give the customer a $1000 gift card/certificate to the dealership. You can use it toward the bronco or toward accessories. You have to use it all at once for simplicity. If Ford’s going to pony up the money, give everyone $1000 since they screwed this all up.

@Zach@Granger
@DealerInsider
@StephensAutoCenter
@flip

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the hell is the incentive to dealers keeping us hooked? Most people don’t cancel their orders - they just don’t take delivery. When that happens the dealer makes ADM bank.

I get the feeling (at least from my dealer) that the strategy is to be silent and hope the customer with the order just forgets about it until after they get it on the lot. Out of sight out of mind….

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a simple solution where everyone wins. Give the customer a $1000 gift card/certificate to the dealership. You can use it toward the bronco or toward accessories. You have to use it all at once for simplicity. If Ford’s going to pony up the money, give everyone $1000 since they screwed this all up.

@Zach@Granger
@DealerInsider
@StephensAutoCenter
@flip
You should at least go back and read the Opening Post again. Doug recently updated it and attached the actual letter from Ford to the dealers explaining the co-op program in detail.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You should at least go back and read the Opening Post again. Doug recently updated it and attached the actual letter from Ford to the dealers explaining the co-op program in detail.
I did. What am I missing

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger
@DealerInsider
@StephensAutoCenter
@flip
I would like to say it’s that easy but it’s not. We have to spend the $$ first and hope Ford accepts it as a qualified expense, if not, guess who’s on the hook? Before we do any of these, I’m going to ask a ton of questions to make sure we don’t get hung. Ford is really good about coming out with programs and denying claims for minor things. Hopefully they won’t do us like that but after being burned A LOT, CYA is primary.
Sponsored