Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@MVP, @Dads_bronze_bronco, @Spooled, I want to thank each of you for your information and input. It always nice to hear different thoughts and your perspectives are valuable.

I completely agree with the sentiment "..that you buy it right the first time." For me, this means getting the front and rear lockers is paramount. I think my purchase will depend on how Ford configures the options sheet. Today, I basically have two choices:
  • option one is to purchase a BD with the Sasquatch package and the automatic
  • option two is to purchase a Badlands with either the manual or automatic
My ideal situation would be to have the manual transmission, but I can see benefit to the automatic as this is also my daily driver. Obviously, Ford has currently decided not to offer the manual transmission in combination with the Sasquatch package. My hope is they will decide differently before I have to officially order my Bronco.

I think it ultimately going to come down to total cost versus the value in the differential of the cost of the two options. I'm not sure I could justify spending 3K-4K more for a Badlands regardless of the transmission if I can get everything I want in the BD with the Sasquatch. However, if the differential is only 1K or 2K then I think the Badlands is a no brainer.

Anyway, thank you for commenting...the advice is truly appreciated.
Either build, you’ll be able to get where you want to go in most cases. And hey you can always modify as you go of either start point.
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@MVP, @Dads_bronze_bronco, @Spooled, I want to thank each of you for your information and input. It always nice to hear different thoughts and your perspectives are valuable.

I completely agree with the sentiment "..that you buy it right the first time." For me, this means getting the front and rear lockers is paramount. I think my purchase will depend on how Ford configures the options sheet. Today, I basically have two choices:
  • option one is to purchase a BD with the Sasquatch package and the automatic
  • option two is to purchase a Badlands with either the manual or automatic
My ideal situation would be to have the manual transmission, but I can see benefit to the automatic as this is also my daily driver. Obviously, Ford has currently decided not to offer the manual transmission in combination with the Sasquatch package. My hope is they will decide differently before I have to officially order my Bronco.

I think it ultimately going to come down to total cost versus the value in the differential of the cost of the two options. I'm not sure I could justify spending 3K-4K more for a Badlands regardless of the transmission if I can get everything I want in the BD with the Sasquatch. However, if the differential is only 1K or 2K then I think the Badlands is a no brainer.

Anyway, thank you for commenting...the advice is truly appreciated.
My understanding is with badlands and 7sp you get everything on the Sasquatch except rims and 35 tires.
With this in mind it’s easy to add rims and tires(methods nv bronze and 35 MT) at purchase.

Those that want the base 7sp and lockers will not have this choice:(.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only thing I don’t like about badlands is the color of the badge. Like the blue on the first edition badge better. But that is a minor thing haha.

Oh and I’m hopeful we can get an LED fog equipped bumper

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh and I’m hopeful we can get an LED fog equipped bumper
So far all the pictures of the "Heavy Duty Modular Bumper" I have seen hasn't had any fog lights. That being said, having the word "Modular" in there makes me hopeful for a ford accessory for lighting options (fog light or light bar).

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far all the pictures of the "Heavy Duty Modular Bumper" I have seen hasn't had any fog lights. That being said, having the word "Modular" in there makes me hopeful for a ford accessory for lighting options (fog light or light bar).
Agreed sir, we’ll need the fog light button on the light switch as well ?

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I can’t decide between the Bandlands and Wildtrak.

Want 99% Of the Badlands... don’t need the rock crawl, or want the carpet, etc. I’m ok with the auto, because I want the 2.7.... just need the B&P tool working lol

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I committed to the 4dr 2.3 manual Badlands, mainly because it is the best outfitted model that still has the manual. The more I discovered that the badlands includes the toughest mods that would be included in the Squatch, the more confident I became.

I want a modular hard top Rather than soft (the only drawback I see), the Lux package (For sound) and power seats (to better accommodate my height) but I’m afraid I will be tipping 60k at that point.

The only real fear that I have is that Levine will announce that the beautiful yellow Bronco we’ve all seen is just a one-off color and not what cyber orange will actually look like. ?

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question about the Badlands and the Sasquatch pkg.

I have reserved the Badlands pkg and I did so with the intentions of adding the Sasquatch pkg but after some research I wanted to see if that would even work. The Badlands is advertised as being the ultimate off road Bronco which is what I am interested in most. The Badlands has the HOSS and the Front Stabilizer Disconnect, the 2.3L and standard transmission with CrawlerGear which is kinda what makes it arguably a better choice for off road. Here is where I get a bit foggy and in all probability where my ignorance is going to show. If I get the Sasquatch pkg I will have to upgrade to the 2.7L and automatic tranny so does that mean I loose the Crawler Gear, Hoss, etc?

Last edited:

Hardhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I have reserved the Badlands pkg and I did so with the intentions of adding the Sasquatch pkg but after some research I wanted to see if that would even work. The Badlands is advertised as being the ultimate off road Bronco which is what I am interested in most. The Badlands has the HOSS and the Front Stabilizer Disconnect, the 2.3L and standard transmission with CrawlerGear which is kinda what makes it arguably a better choice for off road. Here is where I get a bit foggy and in all probability where my ignorance is going to show. If I get the Sasquatch pkg I will have to upgrade to the 2.7L and automatic tranny so does that mean I loose the Crawler Gear, Hoss, etc?
Badlands come standard with the hoss, you lose the MT with sasquatch so yes you lose crawler. So for sasquatch badlands you gain bigger tires, beadlock rims, and maybe a small lift But lose the MT. I think I am going stock badlands and throwing on some New rims and 35s.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing you would loose I believe with going with the Sasquatch is the manual transmission which means the crawler grear. Im pretty sure you can get the Sasquatch with the 2.3L and it would still retain the HOSS. Just have to get it with the Automatic. If my 2 top wants on the Bronco was the manual and Sasquatch, I would go with the manual tranny and look to aftermarket to make your own version of Sasquatch.

edit* LOL @Hardhead beat me to the punch!

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The GOAT has a crawl mode for the automatic

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands is like an old choose your own adventure book.... it sets everything up for you to decide how it turns out...

Want the 7M? Don’t get the last 2 parts of the Sasquatch. Just add the wheels and tires after.

Want the auto? Do it with it without the Sasquatch, depending on how you feel about the Ford wheel and tire options.

I’m positive we will see plenty of Sasquatch wheels and tires for sale in the forums in no time, once everyone starts upgrading.

stik0401

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang and new Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My thoughts, the 10 speed has such a super low first gear, it would be a pretty good crawler gear considering how low the final drive is in this trim. 1st gear in the A10 is a 4.70, you could determine the final drive of the trim your looking at and crunch some numbers. Not saying it will be as low as the manual, but my current F150 with a 3.70 final drive and the A10 has a very low 1st gear. Hope that helps, this is why I think Ford isnt worried about stating Crawler for the auto, its going to work like one.

Last edited:

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they will offer the Badlands Sasquatch with a manual. Just a gut feeling and a PR move to say, "see we were listening.."
Sponsored