John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if you have a reservation already can you switch it to a raptor?

Edit: I don't really think this is going to happen, but one can dream!
No, you're stuck. Without a vehicle.
Sponsored

TCFATL

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How about ... offering a black interior with black leather seating on MY22 Broncos instead ... I simply don't get the orange fixation at Ford ... it's like the episode of The Simpsons when Powell Motors let Homer design a car ... The Homer ... for $82,000 ...
  • The Homer has two bubble domes; one in the front, while the one in the back is for quarreling kids, and comes with optional restraints and muzzles.
  • According to Homer, the engine sound causes people to think "the world's coming to an end."
  • There are three horns, as Homer claims that "you can never find a horn when you're mad." The three horns play the song "La Cucaracha."
  • The car also features gigantic cupholders, which actually became a feature on many cars in the 1990s onward.
  • The car has various outdated features such as bubble domes, shag carpeting, and tailfins. It also has a metal bowler as a hood ornament.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it me or now I feel kinda bummed. This seems underwhelming and it looks like there isn’t any changes to the body. The F150 Raptor has wider fenders. This looks like you can just do these as after market add ons..
good luck with the after market engine upgrades whilst maintaining a Ford warranty. The only people really getting screwed are the First Edition suckers who are paying the same base msrp (pre dealer markup) for a 2.7 with no tune.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

good luck with the after market engine upgrades whilst maintaining a Ford warranty. The only people really getting screwed are the First Edition suckers who are paying the same base msrp (pre dealer markup) for a 2.7 with no tune.
oh I understand, but i rather go to a reputable person who tunes and they offer some protection I might add, then go all out 30K over MSRP. I am okay, I have my dealer, I’m first on the list and I purchased Ford performance vehicles from them and never paid over sticker. I feel for others. That’s what sucks.

Sponsored

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why wouldn’t further vehicle development cease on the Bronco when that haven’t been able to meet their own current promises? I think meeting the promises made to their current customers at this point should be priority. From a customers point of view, there is a lot of effort focused on “future development” and keeping our focus off the fact that many of us are still waiting on some communication of when we will get the trucks we reserved 15months ago and ordered almost 9months ago. Future planning is always ongoing, of course, but a 2022 Raptor Bronco is ridiculous to tease when they can’t even meet current demand on the basic vehicle they’ve promised.
Ehhhh... it just doesn't work that way, my man. R&D doesn't get put on hold due to supply chain or delivery issues. They forge ahead... as they should, lest they get left behind.

Also worth pointing out, you don't have to do one thing exclusively at the expense of another when you're a massive company like Ford. It's not like they're gonna bank that time and effort on the R&D side to get you your Bronco faster. Duh. LOL.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean the expectation of a V8 is weird. Could it happen? Sure, but the people acting certain of it make no sense. The F150 Raptor isn't even a V8 and that's on a platform that actually has a V8 option. I would bet it'll get the same 3.5L as the Raptor F150
3.5 is too heavy. Never happen. It will get the 3.0 from the ST. Anyone want to bet…..

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To be fair, warthog is just a nickname for the A-10.
I mean....isn't Raptor just a nickname for the F-22?

How about ... offering a black interior with black leather seating on MY22 Broncos instead
It very well may be an option for '22, we haven't seen the full order guide yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm buying a Wrangler and ordering a Bronco. When the Bronco finally arrives, I'll decide which one I want.
That is what I did and figured both vehicles hold value very well. Been loving the Wrangler while I wait for the everlasting Bronco. No regerts.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So if you have a reservation already can you switch it to a raptor?

Edit: I don't really think this is going to happen, but one can dream!
Keep the reservation Bronco like new - no mods, light mileage, and pay for the Hot Rod Premium with it's sale.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.