First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m a big Tesla fanboy but cybertruck is still at least 2-3 years away. No way they deliver them end of next year.
Yep the CyberTruck is 2023 at the earliest. Remember they got to build the Austin Gigafactory which wont be dont till this time next year or late 2021...then maybe they get the first on ready by end of 2022 or early 2023.
Sponsored

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
or MAYBE they are pushing the delivery dates back so they can:
1. Figure out how to bolt the MT to the 2.7
2. Run some duct to 2nd row for the rear ac vents
3. Source some white paint for the hardtops
4. Look around the back of the warehouse to figure where they stored all that Velocity Blue paint
5. Did I miss anything?

/sarc
Design a smart looking folding soft top convertible, for the two door...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully those of us w/101's are fine.

Hopefully things take off as planned and I can have a backup vehicle besides my truck, otherwise we'll see.

Doesn't really bother me too much, just interesting

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sucks that deliveries were moved to Mid 2021 but my assumption is they are stating pre-orders could deliver into 2022 for anyone placing a pre-order now. If you did it over the first week, my guess is you will get one delivered in 2021. You pre-order now, your probably looking at 2022 due to the quantities of current pre-orders. Plus Ford does not want to quote you an early time window and miss it. But quote a later window and beat it and your company looks good. Also, i'm sure this is worst case for them where everyone keeps their pre-order, and that number should shrink by 25-50% when it comes down to actually order and possibly put a down payment on it.
Its only a few months delay for start of production....like May 2021 to June/July 2021. Most people ordering right now were never going to get a 2021 model...so they will be getting the 2022 models. I bet you most of us will probably be getting a 2022 model because when is the cuttoff between model years with fords?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep the CyberTruck is 2023 at the earliest. Remember they got to build the Austin Gigafactory which wont be dont till this time next year or late 2021...then maybe they get the first on ready by end of 2022 or early 2023.
Unless they utilize their tent assembly line technology. :LOL: Although, I don't see that working in the Texas heat.

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I cancel the bronco I’ll stick with ford and just get another f150. I’m a dealership employee and I get d plan pricing. I will not go with a Jeep. I work in New Jersey and when ever I think of a Jeep I remember New Jersey’s dipshit governor drives one and that’s enough incentive for to not drive one. Maybe I’ll finally restore my 89 k5 that’s been sitting in pieces for a decade

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, most things haven't been enough to get me to join the "flip the table" crowd, but this one is pretty aggravating.

Why the hell didn't they close the reservations before this point? Also, they really should just make them all MY 2022 if they won't even start deliveries until June.

Also, why is Ford just stealth editing the website? Changes like this should be update emails sent to reservation holders. The lack of communication from Ford on this is horrific.

I've been waiting for the new bronco ever since the 2004 concept, but my word does the lack of communication and endless postponements tempt me to jump ship.

I'm going to wait until orders begin and see how this all shakes out, but if ford asks me to order with an expected delivery date of "maybe sometime within the next 2 years" I'm going to have to walk

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I knew they were gonna f this up. I wonder if when I order it. Now I have a dilemma. I get d plan but I was hoping by next summer to be working in a different field. I can wait a year but I don’t think I can wait 2 years and if I leave I lose my d plan. Damnit. I guess I’m stuck here
I wouldn't call delaying the launch a few months during a pandemic them f'ing it up. They have significant demand and seem to NOT want to f this up. They pushed the Explorer and Aviator out the door too early and look what happened.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If initial deliveries are slipping from April to June, then this could be an issue of them trying to still finalize available options and color/trim combinations - not to mention all the interest in a manual 2.7L.

I'm guessing this is somewhat of a CYA due to a combination of higher than expected reservations and possibly more reservations of specific trims. Seems I've read that they are producing different trims in batches. So if you have one of the later reservations and your build puts you in a later batch, your delivery could be later. Also may not be as bad as it sounds. A lot of people have multiple reservations, which inflates things a bit.

Personally, I'm okay with this - more time to save for down payment and accessories.
But it does raise a couple of question:

As others have mentioned, if you're taking delivery in 2022, you should either get a 2022 model, a discount, or something else (free accessories or the like) to offset the immediate depreciation.

If deliveries are staggered over that long a time period, then maybe placing orders should also be staggered a bit. A lot of people are still debating on trim - and will probably continue to do so well after the build tool is live. Imagine if you order a Badlands in December, but could have gotten your Bronco 3 months sooner if you ordered a Wildtrak. If they stagger the orders, they should be able to give you a better idea of your delivery window for your trim/package combo when you place your order. May not make a difference for many, but could definitely swing things one way or the other for some.

And yes, this will mean it's going run into a bit more competition. Cybertruck still has to reduce the size of the production model and is now going to be changing their alloy, so I doubt we'll see a production version in 2022. However, the electric Hummer reveal could have an impact. Probably not bad for those that are firmly in the Bronco camp, as it will just peal away some reservations so you get yours sooner.

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they are that long might as well wait for MY2 with any improvements.

I honestly don't know why they bothered with the Sport. To me that was a huge waste of time/resources.

With this much demand they should be setting up another factory, using some of the Sport build line for this or converting one over to meet it till it subsides.
The sport is the model that is going to make Ford money and what they’ll probably move more overall volume on. They’ll be taking away Toyota RAV4 and potentially some 4Runner buyers, Subaru Crosstrek, Forester, and some Outback Buyers, and across Jeep’s crossover lineup, as well as other outdoor focused vehicles. There’s initial demand for Bronco, but look at Jeep, Wrangler is not the big volume mover and neither will the Bronco in 2 years after release.

Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes but Tesla builds cars in tents so factory not complete won't stop production of Cybertrk ?

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't call delaying the launch a few months during a pandemic them f'ing it up. They have significant demand and seem to NOT want to f this up. They pushed the Explorer and Aviator out the door too early and look what happened.
I wasn’t talking about delaying the launch. I was referring to leaving reservations open for too long, taking them so far in advance of being ready to build them, not having any of the dealership training available yet. Usually we have new model training before a launch so when asked questions about the model we look incompetent to customers.

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, most things haven't been enough to get me to join the "flip the table" crowd, but this one is pretty aggravating.

Why the hell didn't they close the reservations before this point? Also, they really should just make them all MY 2022 if they won't even start deliveries until June.

Also, why is Ford just stealth editing the website? Changes like this should be update emails sent to reservation holders. The lack of communication from Ford on this is horrific.

I've been waiting for the new bronco ever since the 2004 concept, but my word does the lack of communication and endless postponements tempt me to jump ship.

I'm going to wait until orders begin and see how this all shakes out, but if ford asks me to order with an expected delivery date of "maybe sometime within the next 2 years" I'm going to have to walk
Bro they might make all Broncos to be 2022 models we just don't know till we get to put in our orders...
Sponsored

Last edited: