Ocarwolf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m confused reading this and it’s probably my fault. Do the 4dr seats fold flat with no step up? If not, do we have any estimate of the distance from the step up to the interior of the tailgate? Wondering if it finally pays to be short.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m confused reading this and it’s probably my fault. Do the 4dr seats fold flat with no step up? If not, do we have any estimate of the distance from the step up to the interior of the tailgate? Wondering if it finally pays to be short.
There is a ledge between the cargo area and folded seat back on both the 2-door and 4-door. Ford will have the slide out tailgate that fits in the cargo area of both to create a level surface when the seats are folded. My guess without being able to actually measure it, is that the cargo area is 40" or so from tailgate to seat backs on the 4-door when the seats are upright. DO NOT hold me to that though. I think there's more space than a 4-door wrangler and the wrangler measurement for that is close to 35".

I went back and measured, my best guess is the floor length from tailgate to 2nd row seat back Is 37”Ish inches. Slightly longer than the wrangler, but close. I didn’t get inside, but I think it’s a pretty good guess. Pics coming to the first post soon.

Last edited:

Strongarm

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a ledge between the cargo area and folded seat back on both the 2-door and 4-door. Ford will have the slide out tailgate that fits in the cargo area of both to create a level surface when the seats are folded. My guess without being able to actually measure it, is that the cargo area is 40" or so from tailgate to seat backs on the 4-door when the seats are upright. DO NOT hold me to that though. I think there's more space than a 4-door wrangler and the wrangler measurement for that is close to 35".
Space behind back seat on 4 door is what Im most interested I need to fit two large dogs on trips. Currently have 4runner and its plenty. Wrangler space looks to small. Hopefully someone can get that measurement soon.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This gap on the rear gate is concerning...I know this is probably a test rig, and has been through some tough terrain, but looks like the door is sagging...anyone concerned about the weight of the 35" tire on the door hinges??
Maybe this is a prototype still, or they went huge and launched this thing, but this worries me...
1595595446012.png
There’s a reason why they’re called test rigs my friend. So they weed that stuff out. If they’re designing it to hold up to a 35 inch tire, I’m pretty sure they’re planning to have it last at least 3/36.

Ocarwolf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately, I am a good bit taller than 3'4".

But with the slide out tailgate, if it's level, it doesn't matter if there's a ledge, right? Is there still an incline to the seats in the 4d?

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you slide the front seats all the way forward, you should see 6’6”-6’8” between front seats and rear gate. Lots of room if you’re solo and can lay diagonal.
So the 6’ is diagonal?

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So the 6’ is diagonal?
No, that’s straight line. I was saying more than the 6’6” or so if you turned diagonal. I’ll change the other post.

Sponsored

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, that’s straight line. I was saying more than the 6’6” or so if you turned diagonal. I’ll change the other post.
So, was that measurement kind of a guess measurement from the outside of the vehicle?

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So, was that measurement kind of a guess measurement from the outside of the vehicle?
I measured from the outside of the vehicle but used a tape measure. I’m sure it isn’t exact, but close (+/- 2” or so).

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I reserved a 2-door for that 100" wheelbase. But the more i think about the inconvenience of the rear door for daily use, and the potential for a 6' sleeping space in the back of the 4-door that is looking quite tempting.
I hear you. For me to get a 4 door I would have to give up Sasquatch and I’d rather have the upgraded axles

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My concern with the back seats is not just the legroom but the comfort level of the seats on trips longer than a trip to the store. Jeep back seats are not comfy mainly due to the angle they are positioned at. Seems the Bronco is in a similar situation. See the picture below for how steep the angle of the seat is.

1595612142594.png
Who cares if kids are uncomfortable. Remember what we rode in growing up lol
Sponsored