Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No that’s with seats inside. If you want a sleeping platform, the tailgate tray will level it up and you’ll have 6’ at least. More if you slide the front seats forward.
I was referring to the bottom part of the seats that flip forward when you put the seats down. (they appear to stick up above the seat backs in the pics I saw) Those dont move forward when moving the front seats forward so would still be in the way.

I know the 4" rise from the seat backs is there and could be dealt with with the tray (or a custom base).

In my xterra w/ the seat bases still in (flipped up) I lose about 5 inches of space but I can remove them to make a bit more room for sleeping. I'm hoping the seat bases can come out in the bronco too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was referring to the bottom part of the seats that flip forward when you put the seats down. (they appear to stick up above the seat backs in the pics I saw) Those dont move forward when moving the front seats forward so would still be in the way.

I know the 4" rise from the seat backs is there and could be dealt with with the tray (or a custom base).

In my xterra w/ the seat bases still in (flipped up) I lose about 5 inches of space but I can remove them to make a bit more room for sleeping. I'm hoping the seat bases can come out in the bronco too.
They do on the 2-door, The 4-door seat cushions slide down into the footwell horizontally and the seat backs fold flat on top of them. You can see the seat bottom on the passenger floor in this pic.

A7F4134F-C2FA-4DCF-8EC2-1806550FA7E3.png

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Especially for the “6ft” people who are actually 5’10”(or less).
I’m 5’11” and caught myself saying 6’ the other day :ROFLMAO:
I like round numbers ok!

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do on the 2-door, The 4-door seat cushions slide down into the footwell horizontally and the seat backs fold flat on top of them. You can see the seat bottom on the passenger floor in this pic.

Ford Bronco Pics & Videos: Interior Dimensions (Can Sleep Inside), Accessory Mounts, Suspension, Sasquatch, Stubby Bumper A7F4134F-C2FA-4DCF-8EC2-1806550FA7E3
Nice that they fold that flat. Saves some hassle having to take them out to get my tall self a sleeping spot.

OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice that they fold that flat. Saves some hassle having to take them out to get my tall self a sleeping spot.
If you slide the front seats all the way forward, you should see 6’6”-6’8” between front seats and rear gate in a straight line. Even more than that if you’re solo and can lay diagonal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just adding a couple imagines I scrounged up trying to get a good look at the cargo space of the 2 door with the rear seats up.
20413218-7E9E-4622-9A50-C3EA67306E69.jpeg

This was a lame screen shot from the video of the hardtop being installed. I tried to make it a little brighter but it seems sufficient for grocery getting or stacking a couple coolers in there.

96B66DF7-684A-4B06-807B-5E77DA87565A.jpeg

This one shows the door closed and give a peek at what kind of floor space the 2dr folks would be looking at. Obviously some is left to the imagination in this shot.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks tight, but that is balanced against the other reasons I and others want the two door I guess

Not taking many family of four trips in that without roof or trailer storage

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know how tall the tailgate is? I was hoping to fit a Yeti 65 in the back of a two door without folding the seats... I knew it would be tight if it worked, and I guess depending on the angle of the seats it still might. The cooler is about 18" deep and 16" tall. Fingers crossed!

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

the coupe looks to have cargo space that behaves like any other coupe; if you want to store big stuff, fold a seat or two down. I like it.

I will very easily be able to transport 3 people and snowboarding gear inside the car, but if 4 people are going, we're going to need 2 cars

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I measured (from the outside) some of the things people have asked about.
  • In the 2-door, from the back of the front seats in a driving position to the interior of the tailgate is about 4 feet.
From the video, it appears the driver’s seat is still pretty far back. What was your starting point for the “driving position”? Also, thanks for doing this! ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoChicken

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From the video, it appears the driver’s seat is still pretty far back. What was your starting point for the “driving position”? Also, thanks for doing this! ?
Essentially the rear of the b-pillar. The seats did look like they were further back than mine would be if I were driving. I also tried not to touch the vehicles, so measurements could be off an inch or two. The goal was simply to give an idea of size to people. Seeing them in person, they are both much roomier than either wrangler. I am a 4-door buyer, but after seeing the 2 door, I started to think it would be sufficient without feeling cramped. Also keep in mind the door on the 2-door is longer to ease back seat entry. I should’ve measured the door length. Maybe they’ll still be around tonight.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome pictures. I feel like the testers for the Bronco are going to feel stalked. :D

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• The Sasquatch step-in height is about 24 inches ( photo below)
  • The standard model step-in height is about 20 inches (running boards lowers it to about 16 inches) (photo below).
There was someone who has a disability who was asking about this a week ago. can't find the post though. if anyone knows, let them see this. they were looking for step-in heights to see if they are able to get in from a wheelchair or something like that.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the Wrangler JL 4 door’s cargo floor is also about 6 feet. But the width of the wangler’s storage is greatly compromised by the roll Cage bars. Is the bronco 4 door’s storage less compromised by the roll cage?
Sponsored