Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone seen specs yet on the interior cargo space dimensions for the 2dr and 4dr models? Basically interested in knowing how wide the cargo area is across the floor, and what the length of the floor area is (tailgate to back of front seats).

Really prefer the looks of the 2dr but I know the 4dr has a little more storage space. Just wondering if either will have enough room for a 55" long hard firearm case.
I measured a 4-door tonight, from the tailgate to the back of the drivers seat in a driving position, it’s just about 6’ long. I didn’t measure the width though. The pic isn’t great, but I lined the end up with the back of the driver’s seat.

Ford Bronco Cargo dimensions / volume / space? 3CC2C538-F111-4C3C-AE86-3603FF42D782
Sponsored

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Noticed that for all trims except Wildtrak and FE, cargo space is listed at 83 cu-ft. For Wildtrak and FE, both are 77.6. Website typo or is there a reason those trims have less space? Sasquatch as standard is the only difference between those two and the rest, any reason that would reduce cargo? Something else?
I wonder if those two trims come standard with the slide out tailgate thing (which raises the floor height roughly 4") could be enough to change the numbers that much?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if those two trims come standard with the slide out tailgate thing (which raises the floor height roughly 4") could be enough to change the numbers that much?

Maybe option speakers/subwoofer?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I measured one tonight, from the tailgate to the back of the drivers seat in a driving position, it’s just about 6’ long. I didn’t measure the width though. The pic isn’t great, but I lined the end up with the back of the driver’s seat.

Ford Bronco Cargo dimensions / volume / space? 3CC2C538-F111-4C3C-AE86-3603FF42D782
Thank you for this. Is it the 2-door or 4-door? I'm curious because I'm hoping to either remove the back seats or just lay them as flat as they'll go and put a platform on top with storage underneath. That way, I can roll out a sleeping pad or air mattress on top and sleep in the back if I don't feel like setting up a tent (like when it's pouring rain).

If we knew the dimensions of the clamshell that might help, too - it seems it would be about the same as the dimensions of the cargo + back seats.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you for this. Is it the 2-door or 4-door? I'm curious because I'm hoping to either remove the back seats or just lay them as flat as they'll go and put a platform on top with storage underneath. That way, I can roll out a sleeping pad or air mattress on top and sleep in the back if I don't feel like setting up a tent (like when it's pouring rain).

If we knew the dimensions of the clamshell that might help, too - it seems it would be about the same as the dimensions of the cargo + back seats.
This is the 4-door. Didn’t grab measurements of the rear top section. The 2 door looks MUCH roomier than a 2-door wrangler.

Reactions: sjp

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was just doing a compare yesterday to my JKUR and my wife’s Audi Q3. The answer is about the size of the Audi.

My 35 lb dog hops back behind the rear seat comfortably. As far as big dogs with the seat folded are concerned, take a look at the space behind a JK Unlimited rear seat and that is how much volume a 2 door with seats folded will have.
Ford Bronco Cargo dimensions / volume / space? AF8C1EA2-6A06-40E8-A668-19AB51C8379E

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I was just doing a compare yesterday to my JKUR and my wife’s Audi Q3. The answer is about the size of the Audi.

My 35 lb dog hops back behind the rear seat comfortably. As far as big dogs with the seat folded are concerned, take a look at the space behind a JK Unlimited rear seat and that is how much volume a 2 door with seats folded will have.
Ford Bronco Cargo dimensions / volume / space? AF8C1EA2-6A06-40E8-A668-19AB51C8379E
After seeing them last night, I think the 2-door will have more room with the seats folded than a wrangler unlimited with the seats up (I think that’s what you were comparing). The measurement I see for the wrangler is 34.5”. I thought I grabbed a picture, but it doesn’t look like I did. I feel like it was about 4’ from the back of the drivers seat to the inside of the tailgate.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After seeing them last night, I think the 2-door will have more room with the seats folded than a wrangler unlimited with the seats up (I think that’s what you were comparing). The measurement I see for the wrangler is 34.5”. I thought I grabbed a picture, but it doesn’t look like I did. I feel like it was about 4’ from the back of the drivers seat to the inside of the tailgate.
Me too. And I am hoping the have the “tailgate” platform for the two door as well because my dog likes to be able to see out, and it will make sway down travel more comfortable for him.

I do need to put the Yeti 55 in my wife’s Q3 to see if it’ll fit ...

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Me too. And I am hoping the have the “tailgate” platform for the two door as well because my dog likes to be able to see out, and it will make sway down travel more comfortable for him.

I do need to put the Yeti 55 in my wife’s Q3 to see if it’ll fit ...
laj.tuxmek Confirmed there will be the tailgate platform for the two door. The two door has a lot more room than I would’ve thought it did based on some of the pictures. Remember that you can also fold down one of the rear seats to create more cargo space and still leave one of the rear seats up for a third passenger

Sponsored

borgnineamc

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did some conversions based on known dimensions, the 3 inch trailer hitch and the cooler width, I came back with the cargo width (at tailgate) of 47" based on the hitch conversion, 46" based on fridge. Although of course an estimate, I think these are likely to be accurate within a deviation of 3% or so.

Last edited:

Zeta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm really anticipating 2-Door cargo space measurements as I need to transport server equipment measuring 3.44 x 17.54 x 26.75 in, sometimes multiples at a time. Larger if they're still in the boxes.
Sponsored