Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It won’t be overkill. 35s aren’t crazy. You’ll be surprised in person that they don’t look huge.
Now, 37s do look huge in person. You can easily tell them apart.
Just do it. You’ll regret it if you don’t.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok I was not aware. I thought the 4.7 was only available in the Sasquatch. Will have to review the specs again. Also sweaty vinyl seats are a deal breaker I want breathable cloth seats, auto swaybar disconnect is not on my list.
I really think the build spreadsheet coming out next month (hopefully?) will reveal what costs what, and what is worth what. That will be the key in my mind on deciding what model/options to get. For example, a Sasquatch package addition to the Badlands should not be the price hit as other models as obviously it already has some of the Sasquatch features included, etc

If I stuck with the manual, the 4.70:1 would be standard on the Badlands. Auto drops to 4.6:1, which is plenty fine for me (without knowing the difference on a new vehicle that hasn't been challenged yet).

I really think Ford got the Badlands right without the Sasquatch package, but the looks of the package has a lot of people sold. Not me. I'm standing on the side of no Sasquatch until I see some real numbers that convince me otherwise.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sasquatch is more of a cosmetic upgrade if you have a Badlands. Bigger tires provide higher clearance, so that's what you're getting most importantly along with looking badass.

As for capability, unless you're doing some serious rock crawling or in deep mud, water, etc, the front and rear lockers are what will ensure your 4x4 is capable and less likely to get stuck.

Of course recovery gear is always highly recommended any time you leave paved roads, but those 33's are more than enough tire for anyone.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
I'm looking at it like this. If you want to run 35s with a small amount of lift then the Sasquatch package is the way to go. Your getting a factory backed lift and everything covered under warranty . If you plan on going with something taller than 35s and/or want a more aggressive suspension, then it's probably best to pass on the Sasquatch and just go aftermarket.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading as much information on Badlands trim level, I cannot say I would want the Sasquatch package.

2-Door Badlands, 2.7, and Auto sound exactly what I'm looking for.

The Sasquatch package fever has not captured me over what the BL should be able to do right out of the box. Seems that I might lose some articulation by adding the Sasquatch package.

Lift, 35" Tires, and 4.70:1 final are not enough to convince me that the BLs will gain significantly over the 33" tires.

Am I on my own thinking this way, or did I miss something that should make a significant difference?
Does the Sasquatch package make for a better package on different trim levels?

Who else is not sold on Sasquatch (yet)?
Can’t wait to see the pricing difference on the sasquatch package per trim level. however. And it’s a big however. I don’t think it could get me out of the manual.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lab00Rat

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also you can get the BL with 35’s. You don’t have to get the Sasquatch package to upgrade the tires.
I see them as "available," but I don't know if they are a stand alone option outside the Sasquatch. Build and pricing will let us know.
Also, not going to slap 35s" on the build w/o a lift. Would likely become a rub-a-dubber.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My plan is BL 7MT 2.3 no Squatch. When the original MTs wear out, I’ll think about 295/70s. And I’ll figure out wider beadlocks when some of the better ones Are adapted for the Bronco (Vison Manx forged 398s, Hutchinson DOT Rock Monsters, etc).

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see them as "available," but I don't know if they are a stand alone option outside the Sasquatch. Build and pricing will let us know.
Also, not going to slap 35s" on the build w/o a lift. Would likely become a rub-a-dubber.
Almost everything else says Available w/ sasquatch though. Not just available. You’re right, build site will answer almost all the questions getting thrown around.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only way I am skipping the sasquatch package on my Badlands is if I can option the 4.7 rear as a standalone upgrade from the 4.46. Badlands seems to already have everything I need from sasquatch except that rear. Realistically, optioning the 4.7 rear will probably not be available because I BET it is somehow tied into that front dig system on Sasquatch so when you upgrade to Sasquatch in any trim it's the drop in dana 44 with 4.7 rear and some other component that locks up the rear wheel (probably some kind of sensor in the diff telling the brakes to lock the wheel...idk) for that front dig.

I plan on hitting trails and putting my Bronco through the paces in the mountains all over Washington State, but not heavy duty rock crawling so I am not worried about massive articulation out of the gate. If I need it I can always mod later on the aftermarket. Everywhere I've been in Washington I have been able to do just fine in my 2011 Ranger so I'm confident this Bronco will take me anywhere in this state right out of the factory.

I think a lot of people are getting spun up about this vehicle for no reason (we don't even know all the options yet), maybe concern trolls from Jeep are trying to sabotage this forum. Let's be honest, how many of us are going right to Moab and crawling over boulders? Maybe 1%??? I'm willing to bet a stock badlands could run the entire Rubicon trail without issue and that's about as heavy duty rock crawling as most of these rigs will see. Most of us will be running trails in the woods to go hunting, fishing, camping, kayaking, hiking etc. Many will be riding through farmlands, fields, beaches and meadows. MOST will be driving the kids to school and dropping the top to mall crawl. Get those big ass tires and have fun!

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For me, the 35" tires complete the look of the new Bronco. Big and beefy. I hope to see it in person before i have to make a decision.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love a big tire but as someone who plans on using their bronco as a DD I’m wondering if 35s would be overkill...
I keep debating the base with the squatch or just upgrading to the Black Diamond without the Sasquatch...

what are the thoughts out there with the squatch package? I won’t be doing much rock climbing, just off road, fire road stuff, I’m a mountain biker and love the idea of the marine grade rubber floor stuff...
I will be using my non-Sasquatch Badlands for a 95% DD as well, I will be swapping out the stock 33" KO2's for 33" Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's. They are available in the lighter load range SL making them a much better DD tire while still having aggressive looks and respectable aggressive off-road performance that will do everything and more you want to do on your Bronco. They would be a nice plus one upgrade to the Black Diamond, or if you want to stick with the stock 265/70R17 Black Diamond size they are available as well.
https://www.falkentire.com/tires/light-truck-suv-cuv-tires/wildpeaka/t3w-tire

On the other hand, the Sasquatch 35" M/T is a more aggressive, read noisy, on-road tire. Further, the 315/70R17 size tires are all higher load ratings, meaning rougher ride for a daily driver. The lightest load range 315/70R17 tire I can find is the T/A KO2 in load range C - 6 ply, while better then a load range D or E tire, they still are stiffer and create a worst ride for a DD. Of course this is all relative, if you are coming from a truck and are used to a harsher ride then you may not mind the ride of a 35" tire M/T tire on the Bronco. If on the other hand, you are moving from an SUV to the Bronco, like myself, I still want a little better DD ride, with some level of comfort and less noise.

Ford Bronco Bucking the Sasquatch Fever at3w-b-35-12-50-15-n892236-3__35810-1591797713-

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, the 35" tires complete the look of the new Bronco. Big and beefy. I hope to see it in person before i have to make a decision.
I do want to look at both before I order. The Sasquatch doesn’t look like it’s really lifted enough for 35s, with not enough room in the wheel wells, thus the stops that limit articulation. The 33s May look better with more room in the wells and better flex.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only way I am skipping the sasquatch package on my Badlands is if I can option the 4.7 rear as a standalone upgrade from the 4.46. Badlands seems to already have everything I need from sasquatch except that rear. Realistically, optioning the 4.7 rear will probably not be available because I BET it is somehow tied into that front dig system on Sasquatch so when you upgrade to Sasquatch in any trim it's the drop in dana 44 with 4.7 rear and some other component that locks up the rear wheel (probably some kind of sensor in the diff telling the brakes to lock the wheel...idk) for that front dig.

I plan on hitting trails and putting my Bronco through the paces in the mountains all over Washington State, but not heavy duty rock crawling so I am not worried about massive articulation out of the gate. If I need it I can always mod later on the aftermarket. Everywhere I've been in Washington I have been able to do just fine in my 2011 Ranger so I'm confident this Bronco will take me anywhere in this state right out of the factory.

I think a lot of people are getting spun up about this vehicle for no reason (we don't even know all the options yet), maybe concern trolls from Jeep are trying to sabotage this forum. Let's be honest, how many of us are going right to Moab and crawling over boulders? Maybe 1%??? I'm willing to bet a stock badlands could run the entire Rubicon trail without issue and that's about as heavy duty rock crawling as most of these rigs will see. Most of us will be running trails in the woods to go hunting, fishing, camping, kayaking, hiking etc. Many will be riding through farmlands, fields, beaches and meadows. MOST will be driving the kids to school and dropping the top to mall crawl. Get those big ass tires and have fun!
I like it Uncle Buck. New and coming in hot! ? Looking forward to your future posts.

Conspiratorial, but you're right about possible sabotage trolls. This forum has gotten ways to popular and is a source of intel for even the normal auto media; which I find increasingly interesting. May even just cancel my subscription to MotorTrend now, because why? They keep quoting Bronco6G.

Anyway, the Jeep crowd, and even FCA corporate along with who knows may also be contributing to the doubting. Think about that long 2022 thread that even I heavily posted in. It's all speculation at this point, but guys took some delay rumors and ran with it touting getting a Wrangler or old grandad (4 Runner) instead of waiting.

I'm getting Squatch on the 2.7 and plan to scratch my Bronco up a good bit, but not immediately. For the first year, there won't be any rock crawling; that's more for year 3 or 4 when I may decide to lift it and change my tires to BFG MT 35s.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You are not on your own, the Sasquatch package fever has not captured me either. I'm going with the non-Sasquatch Badlands. The one thing I need to see when the price configurator comes out is how much the 2.7/10sp adds to the Badlands, I want the sway bar disconnect but I probably will never use it, unless stuck.

On the other hand, depending on price, I may upgrade to the Wildtrak so I can have cloth seats. I don't want leather or vinyl without perforations in the Texas heat and humility. If I end up with the Wildtrak, I will swap out the Sasquatch 35" M/T tires for 33" A/T tires for a better DD ride and put the smaller, non-Sasquatch fender flares on.
Sponsored