First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rear Camera mirrors are usually when the rearview mirror shows an image on the mirror from a camera. I.e., you'd be able to see the view from the rear of the vehicle, without seeing people sitting in the back and/or the rear tire, like you do just looking through a standard rear view mirror.
That is a GM feature. I haven't seen that in Ford products.
Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Keeps on Bucking
The Bronco might be loud, but it hasn't stopped moving.

Link to article:
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...o-badlands-sasquatch-reliability-maintenance/

Love this part:

As much as we love our long-term Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwings, BMW M3, and Porsche 718 Cayman GTS, the Bronco has proven even more often requested by C/D staffers. Lago declared: "This thing rules! It made driving in the snow fun and adventurous instead of stressful and nerve-racking." Sutton maintains that "the timelessly cool design remains one of the Bronco's greatest strengths." Stafford's overall impression is that the Bronco's ride and handling, roomier interior, and modern features make it a better choice for daily use than the Jeep Wrangler.
We must agree. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and observations.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm confused why people think a brick in the wind should be quiet?

I imagine so...

But, as has been said many times, the quality of the top has nothing to do with the aerodynamics of the vehicle. Count yourself lucky if you have a top quiet enough to have a conversation in at highway speeds. Many don't. I've owned many off road vehicles with removable tops, and somehow 70s technology beats whatever Ford is doing hands down. I'm happy for you that you are happy with your top.

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree manual can be fun, but the auto has advantages too and the 10 speed is a great transmission.
A little bit of history on the ten speed it was co-developed with GM and supposedly the groups couldn’t agree on software logic and went their different ways.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little bit of history on the ten speed it was co-developed with GM and supposedly the groups couldn’t agree on software logic and went their different ways.
That's not 100% accurate. Actually, Ford and GM worked on the 10-speed longitudinal transmission with ford leading the engineering, and on a 9-speed transverse transmission GM lead the engineering on.

GM used their version of the transmission (different internal rings) in Suburban Escalades, Tahoes, Denali, Camaro SS, V8 Silverado, and Sierras, Camaro ZL1, CT4, CT5, and CT6

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree manual can be fun, but the auto has advantages too and the 10 speed is a great transmission.
true, but personally itd get old. Driving manual for almost a decade now and close to 100k miles already

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all due respect, the thing that pushed me over to buy a Bronco, was the ability to get a manual transmission with both front & rear lockers and even adaptive cruise control.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

true, but personally itd get old. Driving manual for almost a decade now and close to 100k miles already
I've only owned an auto for about 5 years (total) of my driving life; I'm 58 years old. I've had my current automatic for 2 years and my last auto before that was back in 1989... Damn reading that, that's along time ago.

It was missing a manual after buying my Mazda 2 years ago this month, that got me looking at the Bronco, I decided I wanted not only another manual, but that I needed another truck or lifestyle vehicle to replace my Tacoma that I had for 15 years; the Bronco became my obsession.

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not in this case. Using 87 actually lowers your HP rating; that’s computer controlled. To get the full performance, 91 is listed as necessary to trigger it.

Octane = ignite rate of the fuel. The higher octane actually burns more efficiently. I don’t know how that works, but it’s a thing.

I’ve been running regular only for break in since it lowers the impact of my right foot. In the end, I just can’t deal with the sluggishness it has caused, so my new regular is Plus for just riding around the city. 89 was a noticeable upgrade which was shocking. When it’s time to open her up or go off-road, it’s 93 all the way. On top of that I prefer Shell, with Chevron a close second. My daily is Quick Trip which is Top Tier gas, but not really.

I’ll run Buc ee’s when I see one, because Buc ee’s!! 🤗 Best goddamn thing to ever come out of Texas. 🙂
I miss Buckees!!

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a considerable amount of wind noice coming from passenger windows! Drivers side very quiet , taking to dealership for first oil change and rotation approximately 5000 miles. Will keep you posted as to results and or fixes

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You lost me at Mazda Miata 🤣
You do know allot of us came from Miata and sports car backgrounds right? You should be a little more receptive that people who enjoy a fun open top nimble car can see the same qualities in the Bronco.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do know allot of us came from Miata and sports car backgrounds right? You should be a little more receptive that people who enjoy a fun open top nimble car can see the same qualities in the Bronco.
Personal preference. Not a fan of the Miata open top or not. Sorry to offend.

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forscan is pretty quick and painless to add sport mode. But the first time using it might make anyone a bit nervous.

Sport mode should've been included in sasquatch, silly to not. It's good, I like it, but I use it maybe 5% of the time. If Ford applies an OTA that resets it, I'd be in no rush to add it back.
do you have a guide you recommend? I used Forscan once but man it’s been 6+ years.
Sponsored