Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Our 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch Keeps on Bucking
The Bronco might be loud, but it hasn't stopped moving.

Link to article:
https://www.caranddriver.com/review...o-badlands-sasquatch-reliability-maintenance/

Love this part:

As much as we love our long-term Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V Blackwings, BMW M3, and Porsche 718 Cayman GTS, the Bronco has proven even more often requested by C/D staffers. Lago declared: "This thing rules! It made driving in the snow fun and adventurous instead of stressful and nerve-racking." Sutton maintains that "the timelessly cool design remains one of the Bronco's greatest strengths." Stafford's overall impression is that the Bronco's ride and handling, roomier interior, and modern features make it a better choice for daily use than the Jeep Wrangler.
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad I got a manual, it wouldn’t be as fun with an Auto

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In their intro writeup of their long term Bronco, they say getting the High package gave them a rear camera mirror. I've got lux package in my 2-door Bronco Badlands and there is no camera mirror that I'm aware of.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised with the wind noise issue. I wonder if they have misaligned roof panels or windows.

I did get the roof sound deadening, although I went back and forth on that one.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In their intro writeup of their long term Bronco, they say getting the High package gave them a rear camera mirror. I've got lux package in my 2-door Bronco Badlands and there is no camera mirror that I'm aware of.
I don't know what they mean by that. I assume they mean the cameras in the side mirrors.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad I got a manual, it wouldn’t be as fun with an Auto
They lost me somewhere in the third or forth paragraph about road noise. Kids these days. . . Go wheeling in your Bronco, worry about noise in a different car.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what they mean by that. I assume they mean the cameras in the side mirrors.
Rear Camera mirrors are usually when the rearview mirror shows an image on the mirror from a camera. I.e., you'd be able to see the view from the rear of the vehicle, without seeing people sitting in the back and/or the rear tire, like you do just looking through a standard rear view mirror.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

360 Camera I suspect?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm surprised with the wind noise issue. I wonder if they have misaligned roof panels or windows.

My hardtop and many others are louder than soft tops. It’s ridiculously loud.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My hardtop and many others are louder than soft tops. It’s ridiculously loud.
Waiting on Hotheads liner for mine. Did like the quality of the OEM version.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They lost me somewhere in the third or forth paragraph about road noise. Kids these days. . . Go wheeling in your Bronco, worry about noise in a different car.
So I read about all the people bitching about “road noise” for months before I got mine. So I was really listening during that drive home. Maybe it’s a good thing that I was expecting a wind tunnel from how others described it because I don’t find it bad at all.

First off - there really is no wind noise during city driving (<45mph). Yes, once you get on the interstate and start doing 60, 80 or higher the wind noise increases. But for a guy who drove a rag top Wrangler for 12 years….it’s a nothing burger. Can you hear it? Sure. Do you have to yell at your passenger? Not even close.

I figure, if I can talk on my handsfree phone without issues doing 80MPH…it’s nothing worth worrying about. (which I can)

If the wind noise bothers you either you have something loose or you probably shouldn’t be driving a Bronco in the first place. It’s just not that bad.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do hear the road noise, but when you have something with a removable hard top, not sure that you should expect any different.

I’ve said it a few times, the Bronco ain’t your Lincoln; it has a more raw feel to it, yet it also feels planted and there is some refinement which I did not expect. I also have the roof liner.

Will also add that the B&O stereo for the 2023 does not suck at all. Not sure you’ll go booming down the block, but the mid range isn’t as terrible as I’d heard; maybe it’s the subwoofer out back.

It’s not a luxury ride by any means and I love it for it!

Also, once I moved up to some Shell 89 gas, there’s noticeably more pep in my 2.7. Will wait until 900 miles + before trying some 93.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the bit where the dealership rotated the GY spare into the Nokian's and didn't notice! Double facepalm.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I read about all the people bitching about “road noise” for months before I got mine. So I was really listening during that drive home. Maybe it’s a good thing that I was expecting a wind tunnel from how others described it because I don’t find it bad at all.

First off - there really is no wind noise during city driving (<45mph). Yes, once you get on the interstate and start doing 60, 80 or higher the wind noise increases. But for a guy who drove a rag top Wrangler for 12 years….it’s a nothing burger. Can you hear it? Sure. Do you have to yell at your passenger? Not even close.

I figure, if I can talk on my handsfree phone without issues doing 80MPH…it’s nothing worth worrying about. (which I can)

If the wind noise bothers you either you have something loose or you probably shouldn’t be driving a Bronco in the first place. It’s just not that bad.
And there’s the problem. You have a decent top and don’t understand there are a bunch that have issues. I can’t make Bluetooth calls over 55. It’s impossible. Many others out there the same, and good on the author for calling it out because it’s ridiculously bad QC. I didnt believe there were quite tops until I rented one while on vacation and heard the difference myself.
Sponsored