First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ram, CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Having only seen 1 in person and it was in passing, we are looking for 1st hand opinions(or any really). We bought our teenage daughter a Sport First Edition back in April and my wife decided that she was having a mid-life crisis and wanted a full size so we immediately got on the list. Know the time has come and we are ordering and she has narrowed down to thisā€¦Both are 4foor, mic, Eruption Green, leather, 2.7 and lux package. 1st is Badlands with the optional bead lock rims and no rack cause we all know why. 2nd is Outer Banks with Sasquatch and all other options I previously mentioned and roof rack. She will never be off road so really needs neither of them but she likes the look and wants bigger tires. Her reason for the Badlands is she likes the grill. Her reason for Sasquatch is she doesnā€™t like OB standard wheels and likes the Squatch ones. She needs non of the locking diffs or disconnects extras with the BL but likes the look and also the raised ride height and tires of the Squatch on the OB. Price is literally within a few hindered dollars so thatā€™s not an issue. Which way would you go? Remember this is for a female CFO that drives to work daily and will probably not even go down a gravel driveway.
Thanks and sorry for long post. All opinions appreciated
Sponsored

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If it is never going off-road ditch the sas and just get an aftermarket tire and lift. She will have significantly more options for tires and wheels she likes to make it hers. I would go for the OBX since it is the more luxury-oriented trim. The Sas is really there for the off-road capabilities. The tires and wheels on that package can be obtained by other means.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having only seen 1 in person and it was in passing, we are looking for 1st hand opinions(or any really). We bought our teenage daughter a Sport First Edition back in April and my wife decided that she was having a mid-life crisis and wanted a full size so we immediately got on the list. Know the time has come and we are ordering and she has narrowed down to thisā€¦Both are 4foor, mic, Eruption Green, leather, 2.7 and lux package. 1st is Badlands with the optional bead lock rims and no rack cause we all know why. 2nd is Outer Banks with Sasquatch and all other options I previously mentioned and roof rack. She will never be off road so really needs neither of them but she likes the look and wants bigger tires. Her reason for the Badlands is she likes the grill. Her reason for Sasquatch is she doesnā€™t like OB standard wheels and likes the Squatch ones. She needs non of the locking diffs or disconnects extras with the BL but likes the look and also the raised ride height and tires of the Squatch on the OB. Price is literally within a few hindered dollars so thatā€™s not an issue. Which way would you go? Remember this is for a female CFO that drives to work daily and will probably not even go down a gravel driveway.
Save some money and buy the OB with some aftermarket rims if you're never going to use it off-road

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think she should get the non SAS OBX in roast to match the green. It will look killer. Then, she can either get newer wheels (many have + offset which will cause poke) and a set of 275/70/r18s. It will raise the ride an inch and it looks so much better. I've posted pics all over the forum because I did that. I just got a 1" lift yesterday as well. It is now as high as my F150, so I am happy with the clearance. I get between 18-20mpg with this set up, which is better than the SAS. Also, I do drive off-road a lot, and it is just fine for my purposes.

That is my suggestion.

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Think long term. Sasquatch package will be in demand at resell/trade in time and will bring top dollar.

Aftermarket mods will not bring the same value.

wife wants what the wife wants. Make her happy.

Given you are one of the wealthiest musicians of all time, you can surely afford itšŸ˜Š

OP
OP

David Gilmour

First Edition
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ram, CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Think long term. Sasquatch package will be in demand at resell/trade in time and will bring top dollar.

Aftermarket mods will not bring the same value.

wife wants what the wife wants. Make her happy.

Given you are one of the wealthiest musicians of all time, you can surely afford itšŸ˜Š
I wish, Iā€™m just the biggest fan of the richest musician. Wondering if anyone would ever get that name!

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly your deciding factor is if yā€™all like the OBX or the BL interior better. Everything else is pretty much equal. (And you could always swap out grills down the roads)

OP
OP

David Gilmour

First Edition
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ram, CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sounds like the consensus is OB and tires added after. I just built it and it is a $5k difference so it makes sense. Thanks to all

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering if anyone would ever get that name!
Instant Pink Floyd - as I listen to Classic Rewind on SXM! And Roger Waters just got married last week. I think he's like 78 and his new bride is 43 or something. Go Roger go! Ok I've derailed this thread, back to your question.

Personal choice man. My suggestion is to look around your area at the dealers to see what they have on their lots. I should have gotten pics last night but took the wife to local dealer to look at their very small un-sellable inventory. Had a Wildtrak Sas on the lot. They're huge - Like two of your Sport Broncs. Seriously they are BIG, WIDE and FUN. Get the Badlands/SAS/LUX/2.7/4.7 and throw all the money you got at it. Resell value like another poster said.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove our FE 200 miles last weekend to compare to my non-SAS BL. Hated SAS, flame suit on. Wish I would've gotten the optional wheels but it drives out a lot better on 33"s than the FE on 35"s. What the hard top helped marginally on wind noise over the softie, the tire noise more than made up for it. Was disappointed but understand different strokes for different folks. I'm in the Lux OBX crowd unless she doesn't like the painted trim pieces. Next choice is BL, Lux, optional wheels. You'll overpay for lockers and sway bar disco but better to have and not need, than need and not have. Plus resale will probably be a little better.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have an OBX, sas, lux, roof rack ordered. I was also wavering between these 2 models and asked the same question in the past on here. I'm not doing any hard-core rock climbing and don't need the sway bar disconnect. After that it came down to appearance and I prefer the color matched mirrors and door handles and like the gloss black grill. So with the help of forum members and personal preference it was OBX for me

OP
OP

David Gilmour

First Edition
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ram, CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Honestly your deciding factor is if yā€™all like the OBX or the BL interior better. Everything else is pretty much equal. (And you could always swap out grills down the roads)
So that brings another question, having never seen interior in person and just through photos onlineā€¦.other than solid black in BL and Roast/black in OB is there any other difference? Thanks

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So that brings another question, having never seen interior in person and just through photos onlineā€¦.other than solid black in BL and Roast/black in OB is there any other difference? Thanks
Go see what your local dealers have on the lot. They should have 1 or 2. Go all over if you have time. "kick the wheels" take it for a test drive. Ask to take it home for a night .
Sponsored