First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BL 7speed 2d, 22 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am waiting delivery of my Bronco (it is in untraceable limbo like lots of us). My dealer is amazing. Great communicator and very honest. He is unexpectedly leaving due to medical issues. He has spent countless hours communicating with me, and he now gets nothing from my sale, since he is not there for delivery. I had planned on giving him a $200 gift certificate for a steak and drinks at a nice restaurant near the dealer when I took delivery from him, but now I feel that's not enough. I realize this is beyond my control, but I just feel horrible. Would you do something else for him?
Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
only you can answer this.. Just do whatever you think is the right thing .. im sure anything would be greatly appreciated...

InTheShift

Base
First Name
Shift
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why not make it cash instead. Think of it as a ā€œtip in advanceā€œ for being awesome.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So my dealer guy ended up with Covid and was in the hospital for 2 months. Another sales guy completed my sale. Was in the same feels boat. I just dropped off a bottle of his favorite bourbon, which was a bottle of Maker's.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd say you are being pretty generous in the first place. In my eyes, the dealership should take care of your specific salesman (even though he's not there any more) rather than you compensating him out of your own pocket. They should give him the profit from the sale.

I suppose you should do what you think is right though. He will definitely appreciate anything you give him. Particularly since it's out of your own pocket!

I'd likely push them to do that when you take delivery of the vehicle. Maybe ask to speak to the sales manager or higher and be sure to tell them how great he was and how hard he worked for you.

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not make it cash instead. Think of it as a ā€œtip in advanceā€œ for being awesome.
I agree. That $200 might be more useful for something more than a steak and some booze. If nothing else it might take some sting out of the medical bills.

I just had surgery and besides the hospital bill, I had to pay $300 to the Doctors office. With a $200 gift that bill would have been much easier to budget for.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I worked with Casey at Newberg Ford in Oregon. My bronco was a year out, but he called to say my exact bronco was there and the owner decided not to buy it. Instead of selling it for $20,000 over on the lot, he offered it to me with no mark up.

I was so grateful, I gave him a card with $200 in it. It's not much, but it's something to say thank you.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Follow your heart man.

Your heart man will be a little dood that looks kinda like you but smaller. He be like, "Follow me!" and just do that. Can't go wrong following your heart man.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it fits in the budget, cash is probably good. I like the gift card, in normal situations but with medical bills, cash is probably a life saver. It sounds like the guy has been great to you, always nice when someone recognizes the work you put it,, so I'm sure that would be appreciated. This world is all about relationships.

OP
OP
OL SKUUL

OL SKUUL

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BL 7speed 2d, 22 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer guy ended up with Covid and was in the hospital for 2 months. Another sales guy completed my sale. Was in the same feels boat. I just dropped off a bottle of his favorite bourbon, which was a bottle of Maker's.
Yeah, I gave him a bottle of vodka when I ordered. I think Iā€™ll do a GC plus some cash. šŸ˜ž
I'd say you are being pretty generous in the first place. In my eyes, the dealership should take care of your specific salesman (even though he's not there any more) rather than you compensating him out of your own pocket. They should give him the profit from the sale.

I suppose you should do what you think is right though. He will definitely appreciate anything you give him. Particularly since it's out of your own pocket!

I'd likely push them to do that when you take delivery of the vehicle. Maybe ask to speak to the sales manager or higher and be sure to tell them how great he was and how hard he worked for you.
Thatā€™s a great idea. Iā€™ll do that. Poor guy has 30+ vehicles on order he wonā€™t profit from.
Sponsored