First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a 2024 Outer Banks 4dr Hard Top, SAS, AUX Switches, Mid Package in Cactus Gray back in October. I still don't have a production date from Ford but I came across a 2023 Wildtrak 4dr Hard Top, Lux package, roof racks. Lock Box. Bull Guard and modular bumper with fog lights...pretty much fully loaded for 1k less than the one I ordered....but it only has 5200 miles on it and not the color I really wanted. I'm not sure if I should just wait for the one I ordered or pull the trigger on the 2023....what would you do?...thanks in advance
Sponsored

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ordered a 2024 Outer Banks 4dr Hard Top, SAS, AUX Switches, Mid Package in Cactus Gray back in October. I still don't have a production date from Ford but I came across a 2023 Wildtrak 4dr Hard Top, Lux package, roof racks. Lock Box. Bull Guard and modular bumper with fog lights...pretty much fully loaded for 1k less than the one I ordered....but it only has 5200 miles on it and not the color I really wanted. I'm not sure if I should just wait for the one I ordered or pull the trigger on the 2023....what would you do?...thanks in advance
YOLO & life is short. Be happy and do what makes you feel good.

For me, color is very important and it sounds like it is for you as well. $1k lilely isnā€™t gonna move the needle to get you to switch and buy a Bronco that you donā€™t really want.

OP
OP
Mrchoochoo

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
YOLO & life is short. Be happy and do what makes you feel good.

For me, color is very important and it sounds like it is for you as well. $1k lilely isnā€™t gonna move the needle to get you to switch and buy a Bronco that you donā€™t really want.
I appreciate your input...I'm gonna think about it for a few days. I've never ordered a vehicle before and haven't been put in this situation.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thatā€™s a tough callā€¦ the slightly better suspension and mod bumper are nice additions especially if you are planning to add skid plates/actually ride it off-road. I donā€™t think the OBX gets Baja mode either. There are colors I like more than others but I also donā€™t dislike any of the Bronco colors so that would be less of a concern with this particular vehicle for me. Kind of sucks to buy something basically new though and it not be a 1-owner vehicle from a resale perspective. Waiting blows but the advantage of it is if yours gets bumped too long you might sneak into a mid-cycle refresh with price protection, Iā€™m assuming.

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've learned to wait for what you really, truly want - Which is likely the one you placed an order for.

My last vehicle I was going to order "new," but because I'm impatient, I bought one off the lot instead (also brand new). However it was a different colour than I wanted, and I think there was another feature that may have been missing. Regardless, it always bothered me and I ended up selling it for the Bronco.

I guess it turned out at the end of the day as I love my Bronco :love:

Sponsored

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing like buying a new car (or used/new to you) and regretting that decision later.
Color is not my top priority on a vehicle, but getting one you dislike is not worth it. I did that, and within 2 days turned it back in and waited for them to dealer trade for one I liked. Maybe they have that option, but difficult for a Bronco.
Don't "settle" for less than you want, it is a lot of money, buy happy, drive happy.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m sort of paranoid on buying a used one now, probably just me being me.

Ford bought back my Bronco in November, had 371 miles on it. According to my dealer, and the person working my case at Ford, the Bronco will get sold (not by my dealer) as used once itā€™s fixed. Supposedly thereā€™s a way to tell by a note on the title or something if it was a buy-back lemon law bronco. I forgot to delete it from my FordPass app and I got a warning a few days ago for some failed systems. So, itā€™s 3 states away and giving fault codes again.

I have zero idea who has my old Bronco or if itā€™s even been offered for sale, but it makes me wonder now about all these low mileage used broncos, are they all really just folks wanting out of a vehicle they realized wasnā€™t as cool as they thought, or can some be ā€˜refurbishedā€™ problem children sold as a ā€˜better than newā€™ deal.

Tortuga

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would wait.
I am pretty much in your position. On 10/02 I ordered almost identical but green with Lux. There are a lot of MY23's sitting on the lots around here and prices are dropping.
I would rather get exactly what I want. Also, the market seems to be leveling out on Broncos, model year may start to have an impact on trade in/residual value.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm usually all about buying functionality and using it to do things. So I'd recommend buying the vehicle version that has the most functional use options. That said, for me the one appearance attribute that is a show stopper if not right - is paint color. The paint color is going to smack you in the face every time you look at the vehicle, so make sure you like it, lol.

Fridge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250,2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know the feeling I waited 54 weeks for my obx sas ordered exactly as I wanted it. Could have jumped on any one of a number of wild tracks or everglades that were on lots but in the end Iā€™m happy as hell I waited for my order.

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait for the one thatā€™s exactly what you want. Plus the ā€˜24ā€™s are supposed to have better interior materials and other small things plus hopefully better quality control. And the ā€˜24 SAS models all get the hoss 3.0 rack and tie-rods.

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™ve settled on color all 4 cars Iā€™ve had in the past. Always just want black and end up in silver grey or white. Not this time w my bronco. Color is too important for me.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When my car got sold out from under me by the scumbag dealership that we helped so much here with 90+ deals, the rep from Ford was trying to get me a new allocation and was asking where I could compromise - color, options etc.

I was at the point that I had already lost my first 3 color options due to all the delays form 21-23 so I wasn't willing to budge on anything. Everyone's opinion will be different on this based on their journey to get their Bronco, personally I put alot of extra time and effort into getting mine with being the point person for the group buy so I wasn't willing to compromise. Alot of it depends on whether you will start to regret it - especially if aren't thrilled with the color. The other end of it is maybe you get lucky and loan rates start coming down if you wait - if that matters to you.

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not the color you want? What is the ???? - wait for what you love!

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would wait. You will never be happy with the color or that it wasnā€™t exactly what you wanted. IMO shop around and find one atleast in the color you want. You can always add mods.
Sponsored