Sponsored

Bronco Heritage Order. What Would You Do?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Bronco Buddies!

Hope you're all doing well. I've got a bit of a situation and thought who better to ask than my fellow Bronco enthusiasts?

I put in my reservation way back in 08/2020, and guess what? Still no Bronco in my driveway. I decided to switch things up and chose the red 4-door Heritage model. Got word it's been built and ready, but no sign of it shipping. I just got an email from Ford telling me they have constraints (what else is new??) and I've got a hunch it’s something to do with the seatbelt issue, but Ford's been pretty hush-hush, only saying they'll update every 45 days.

Here’s where I’m scratching my head: I've been driving a Jeep Wrangler 4xE for the past year (which has been great by the way). Now, three things have me in a twist: First, these rising interest rates. I can afford financing the Bronco with where rates are, but it seems dumb right now. And second, Ford... well, let’s just say the need to learn how to communicate and treat potential customers. My dealer’s as clueless as I am, and there's been some back-and-forth about the Bronco Raptor allocations where I have been promised an allocation due to my long wait time and then that narrative changes and I was legitimately told I would need to make an appointment with the owner of the dealership and "state my case". Makes me wonder if I even want to stick with Ford after feeling a bit sidelined and the arrogance of the entire situation. Third, I've heard a lot of reports that the Bronco is very unsafe on the road.

Oh, and one last thing – I'm toying with the idea of buying the Heritage Edition to hopefully profit off of Ford being so damn bad. The price tag's around $53k, and with tax, we're looking at roughly $58k. But I'm out of the loop on how hot the Heritage Editions are in the market right now.

What do you all think? Really appreciate any insights or advice you can throw my way!

Cheers and thanks a bunch in advance!
Sponsored

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

1. Ignore the constraints email. I received it after I took delivery of my Bronco. BtW also a Heritage 4 door.
2. Check with a Credit Union. Ford was at 7-8%. Credit Union got me in at 3.5%
3. I love driving the Bronco, I can't speak on consumer safety reports. Beyond my pay grade but several have posted their bronco in fender benders and have been favorable for the Bronco.

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Walk away +1
Nobody is reselling because we are the diehard enthusiasts who had to have one of these at All Costs!! Only a Douche would purchase one just to make a buck(sorry, not sorry). The only market at the moment is for the Heritage Limited for which each dealer gets at least 1, which I’m sure you knew, and the poor souls who had their order delivered but had back out for whatever reason…

Last edited:

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I wouldn't buy a Bronco with the hopes of flipping it now. Yeah, they're going for a bit over sticker, but not enough to make your taxes back most likely. The Heritage (my order too) can be found for $5K over on a dealer lot so most likely it would be hard to get $5K as a used car. The Heritage Limited is a different story, but since most dealers are only getting one, they are marking them up $20K themselves, making it pretty hard for the buyer to flip in my opinion.

edit - not being a communist, I'm not against selling whatever you want for as much as you want in America, I'm just saying the market has stabilized a lot since 2021/22, and these are not cash-cows anymore in my opinion.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
As others have said, market has stablized pretty well. 2-doors still get a premium since Ford can't seem to build them, and manuals have the "manual or nothing" premium attached.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As others have said, market has stablized pretty well. 2-doors still get a premium since Ford can't seem to build them, and manuals have the "manual or nothing" premium attached.
A 2 door wiltrak high package just sold near me for 1k under MSRP. Was at the dealer for almost a month. Originally was listed 5k ADM.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hey Bronco Buddies!

Hope you're all doing well. I've got a bit of a situation and thought who better to ask than my fellow Bronco enthusiasts?

I put in my reservation way back in 08/2020, and guess what? Still no Bronco in my driveway. I decided to switch things up and chose the red 4-door Heritage model. Got word it's been built and ready, but no sign of it shipping. I just got an email from Ford telling me they have constraints (what else is new??) and I've got a hunch it’s something to do with the seatbelt issue, but Ford's been pretty hush-hush, only saying they'll update every 45 days.

Here’s where I’m scratching my head: I've been driving a Jeep Wrangler 4xE for the past year (which has been great by the way). Now, three things have me in a twist: First, these rising interest rates. I can afford financing the Bronco with where rates are, but it seems dumb right now. And second, Ford... well, let’s just say the need to learn how to communicate and treat potential customers. My dealer’s as clueless as I am, and there's been some back-and-forth about the Bronco Raptor allocations where I have been promised an allocation due to my long wait time and then that narrative changes and I was legitimately told I would need to make an appointment with the owner of the dealership and "state my case". Makes me wonder if I even want to stick with Ford after feeling a bit sidelined and the arrogance of the entire situation. Third, I've heard a lot of reports that the Bronco is very unsafe on the road.

Oh, and one last thing – I'm toying with the idea of buying the Heritage Edition to hopefully profit off of Ford being so damn bad. The price tag's around $53k, and with tax, we're looking at roughly $58k. But I'm out of the loop on how hot the Heritage Editions are in the market right now.

What do you all think? Really appreciate any insights or advice you can throw my way!

If you got word that it's built you're ahead of around 2000 of your fellow forum members who aren't even scheduled. I'd call Ford customer service to check with them if your dealer gave you a VIN and then come visit us on the Heritage thread where most of this has been discussed.

For your interest rate, have you called around to shop? Days of 2 or 3% rates are gone but I just got 4.79 with NFCU. I don't usually say this but if your margin is that small that a couple of percentage points prices you out then your might want to rethink dropping $50k on a new vehicle.

Where did you heard the Bronco was unsafe, isn't it Jeep that has the death wobble? Pretty much everyone has praised it for it's on and off road capabilities. And to close, yes, flippers are douches, don't be a douche.

Good luck!

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. You are not doing a flip on a Bronco right now, the HE MAY have a better resale/value years down the road but who knows right now.
2. I took delivery of my Bronco almost two years ago so I am not sure what the constraints actually are right now, but Ford can't seem to get right. It may not be as bad as it seems or it may be worse. Listen to those that have taken delivery much more recently.
3. I would keep the 4xe. I was seriously considering one before I got the Bronco. I really likes all my old Jeeps.

Good luck.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should buy it and part it out. That white MOD top should fetch about 8k. 2500 for the wheels and tires. A couple hundo for the white grill. A grand for the Squatch coilovers. Maybe 500 each for a fender or quarter. 10k for a low mile motor, etc etc. You will be laughing all the way to the bank in no time!

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey Bronco Buddies!

Delays due to parts are common, and Ford may not know "when" so they have nothing to tell you. My 2021 was delayed for months, that gave me time to pay down my current vehicle, making it worth more at trade, and save more for the down payment. You just have to learn patience . . . And believe the vehicle is worth waiting for. I don't think it helps to get too far into the hate-Ford blame game, they want to sell vehicles as much as you want to buy. Its hard to imagine a Hetitage not being a good investment,

Another cost-cutting move is to delay the Ford-Protect ESP purchase by 6 months or more after purchase, that'll give you time to save for that ESP purchase at one of the discounting dealers nationwide. Just hope that the impending UAW strike doesn't delay your purchase by months. Enjoy the Jeep in the meantime. Personally, I think Bronco is worth waiting for. But thats your decision! I've got 38,000 miles on my OBX. With the stock 32's and my 33" Badlands take-offs, its an excellent,
safe, comfortable (for an off-roader) road car. No regrets at all.

Last edited:

cclocke

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
1. Ignore the constraints email. I received it after I took delivery of my Bronco. BtW also a Heritage 4 door.
2. Check with a Credit Union. Ford was at 7-8%. Credit Union got me in at 3.5%
3. I love driving the Bronco, I can't speak on consumer safety reports. Beyond my pay grade but several have posted their bronco in fender benders and have been favorable for the Bronco.
Where did you get the 3.5% interest rate?

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Walk away +1
Nobody is reselling because we are the diehard enthusiasts who had to have one of these at All Costs!! Only a Douche would purchase one just to make a buck(sorry, not sorry). The only market at the moment is for the Heritage Limited for which each dealer gets at least 1, which I’m sure you knew, and the poor souls who had their order delivered but had back out for whatever reason…
You can call me a douche all you want but after 3 years of waiting all I'll say is we'll agree to disagree.
Sponsored