Sponsored

A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my order update to MY22 notice from Ford today. Looks like the order # stayed the same.
Looks good Eric. Thanks :)

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Got my order update to MY22 notice from Ford today. Looks like the order # stayed the same.
Looks good Eric. Thanks :)
Actually Ford sent that email without any prompt! Some people were glad to see it, some people who didn't update their order are freaking out because they think I'm hijacking their order. In both cases though I haven't actually updated your order yet :LOL: You'll get an email from me once it's updated. FYI I will be changing everyone's order numbers as a failsafe way to ensure no previous orders are left unconverted.

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow! Been tracking my Bronco via rail and it's been moving fairly fast after leaving Kansas City, Kansas.
As of 10 am this morning it was passing through Winslow Arizona. That's about a 5 and a half hour drive from me.
If it stays on this pace I'll be picking it up 2 to 3 weeks earlier than Fords estimate! Woohoo!
**Update**
Arrived in San Diego this morning at 5:43 AM!! Hope it doesn't stay at PASHA long... That is I hope KMF initiates a HOT pickup.

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
**Update**
Arrived in San Diego this morning at 5:43 AM!! Hope it doesn't stay at PASHA long... That is I hope KMF initiates a HOT pickup.
Believe me when I say I know you want this as soon as possible! But believe me when I say that there are other customers and other priorities so I hope you're ready to wait another few days even after we receive it.

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Believe me when I say I know you want this as soon as possible! But believe me when I say that there are other customers and other priorities so I hope you're ready to wait another few days even after we receive it.
Okay who got Eric some Burritos, Sake and other fine dining tastes before we got a chance?? 😉😝

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Okay who got Eric some Burritos, Sake and other fine dining tastes before we got a chance?? 😉😝
Haha it's not like that! I hope I'm not coming off as a dick. Things happen and I'd rather have breathing room. As a real example from just today, we got a Bronco yesterday but we just caught that there's an issue with the engine cover. Gotta replace it. As a crazy example, I had someone show up to the dealership without invite and say they wanted to just wait until their Bronco was ready. So as much as the Bronco arriving feels like the finish line, there's still a little more that goes into this.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha it's not like that! I hope I'm not coming off as a dick. Things happen and I'd rather have breathing room. As a real example from just today, we got a Bronco yesterday but we just caught that there's an issue with the engine cover. Gotta replace it. As a crazy example, I had someone show up to the dealership without invite and say they wanted to just wait until their Bronco was ready. So as much as the Bronco arriving feels like the finish line, there's still a little more that goes into this.
How dare you tell people their Bronco won't be ready the instant it arrives on your lot. They want to be there as it rolls in expecting to leave right away :rolleyes:

Patience people, there will be things that happen & processing delays but Eric is being up front & knows our excitement. Part of making sure you have a great experience comes from the prep work. ;)

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those of you that have taken delivery from KMF, when did you find out what your total cost would be? How did you go about getting outside financing approval? Do you just pick a random number above what you think it’ll cost? Mine is coming in next month and I’d like to be prepared but I have never done anything like this before. I’ve always just gone through the dealer for financing options. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you that have taken delivery from KMF, when did you find out what your total cost would be? How did you go about getting outside financing approval? Do you just pick a random number above what you think it’ll cost? Mine is coming in next month and I’d like to be prepared but I have never done anything like this before. I’ve always just gone through the dealer for financing options. Thanks in advance.
Easy math is to expect your total cost of the vehicle to be 110% of what you expect to pay. So either MSRP or X-Plan cost plus 10% depending on your agreed upon deal. This will move up or down a bit depending on your local sales tax rate. Start there and adjust your down payment and rate to figure out what your monthly payment will be.

Check your credit yourself so you know what to use for rate shopping. Do any needed clean up a couple of months in advance. Even if you have "perfect credit", paying down some debt if you can will improve your score. Don't actually apply until you know when you will get the vehicle. If you apply at a few places you want all the hard hits to be within two weeks of each other or buying the Bronco. It does not take long. You should be able to do all the actual application work and coordinate payment (if needed) within a few days.

Also give the dealership a chance to match or beat what you find yourself. I have a Credit Union that gives me great rates and the dealer beat their rate on two cars this year.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Easy math is to expect your total cost of the vehicle to be 110% of what you expect to pay. So either MSRP or X-Plan cost plus 10% depending on your agreed upon deal. This will move up or down a bit depending on your local sales tax rate. Start there and adjust your down payment and rate to figure out what your monthly payment will be.

Check your credit yourself so you know what to use for rate shopping. Do any needed clean up a couple of months in advance. Even if you have "perfect credit", paying down some debt if you can will improve your score. Don't actually apply until you know when you will get the vehicle. If you apply at a few places you want all the hard hits to be within two weeks of each other or buying the Bronco. It does not take long. You should be able to do all the actual application work and coordinate payment (if needed) within a few days.

Also give the dealership a chance to match or beat what you find yourself. I have a Credit Union that gives me great rates and the dealer beat their rate on two cars this year.
Great info, thanks. So then I’m just approximating on the total when I’m applying for loans, cause this is all before I get to the dealer.
MSRP: $55895
Invoice: $53706
X-Plan: $?????
I’m getting xplan pricing but don’t know what that will be.
Putting $5k down.
So I figure I’ll be financing $53-$55k. I’m assuming that I would then apply for loans of $55k to be safe.
Would this all make sense?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great info, thanks. So then I’m just approximating on the total when I’m applying for loans, cause this is all before I get to the dealer.
Putting $5k down.
So I figure I’ll be financing $53-$55k. I’m assuming that I would then apply for loans of $55k to be safe.
You can also use this link to help calculate your taxes & registration fees.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/vehic...ion-fees/vehicle-registration-fee-calculator/

Pablo

First Edition
First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi All,

I had the pleasure of taking delivery of my FE this weekend. Like so many others have said—this vehicle in person—is awesome! I was overwhelmed.

Equally pleasing was the buying experience at Kearny Mesa. I must say, I just loath the car buying process. While I haven’t been to one, I think I would rather visit a proctologist than a car dealer.

Though in this instance the caring Kearny Mesa team including @EricAtKearnyMesaFord, Daniel, Kelly, and Mike were straightforward, sincere, and a pleasure to work with.

This experience was unlike any before.

For those from Orange County, LA, or Riverside who transferred to KM—Good Move!!!

Eric delivered beyond expectations.

Good luck everyone. Enjoy your Broncos.

Pablo Out! 👊
Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford image2923
👊

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Putting $5k down.
When you apply for an auto loan, the potential lender will take into account your income and your monthly obligations and approve your loan based on a maximum loan amount they provide to you. It is then up to you to either stay below that maximum with your car purchase, or come up with a larger down payment if that maximum loan amount is not sufficient to buy the car with the taxes and reg fees added on. As others have said, use the dealer to counter the lowest percentage rate you might get as the dealers have access to lender with special rates that you can't get or can't find on your own.
Sponsored