Sponsored

A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's home!

Short story, Eric and my assigned sales person Jinnel are AWESOME, no games, no pressure to buy extras. I spent more time in traffic driving home than I did in the dealership.

Got there around 130 met up with Jinnel, took a walk into the back where they were prepping my Bronco and gave it the once over. Then went for a quick drive, and paperwork for 30 min. Went out and activated the Bronco on Fordpass. Then Bullshitted for another 30min or so while the finance guy cleared another customer and 20 min later done! Out by 330 and they were pretty busy! I mean WTF... I added Ford ESP from them cause I was so impressed.

I didn't get home until 7. Averaged 18.1 mpg in bumper to bumper on the 5 and city and I can't ask for any better. There is a slight squeak from the tailgate, it's similar to what others have noted.

It's also a good thing I got in the Rockslide step group by cause my wife needs to take a running start to get in. 🤣

PXL_20211014_200826533.jpg

PXL_20211015_014029386.NIGHT.jpg
Congrats!!!! Thank you for inspiring confidence in the process, not that there was any doubt from others shared experience.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats!!!! Thank you for inspiring confidence in the process, not that there was any doubt from others shared experience.
Hardest part was white knuckling it home down the 5. I don't have this much anxiety running convoys in the sandbox🤣. Every vehicle might as well have been a VBIED.

MellowYellow

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boxster S, 2012 C350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's home!

Short story, Eric and my assigned sales person Jinnel are AWESOME, no games, no pressure to buy extras. I spent more time in traffic driving home than I did in the dealership.

Got there around 130 met up with Jinnel, took a walk into the back where they were prepping my Bronco and gave it the once over. Then went for a quick drive, and paperwork for 30 min. Went out and activated the Bronco on Fordpass. Then Bullshitted for another 30min or so while the finance guy cleared another customer and 20 min later done! Out by 330 and they were pretty busy! I mean WTF... I added Ford ESP from them cause I was so impressed.

I didn't get home until 7. Averaged 18.1 mpg in bumper to bumper on the 5 and city and I can't ask for any better. There is a slight squeak from the tailgate, it's similar to what others have noted.

It's also a good thing I got in the Rockslide step group by cause my wife needs to take a running start to get in. 🤣

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford 9FD32BAC-F6B8-4ACD-AD86-DC1A10BE34A0

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford 9FD32BAC-F6B8-4ACD-AD86-DC1A10BE34A0
Looks sweet, congrats. What plate holder are you using in front? I’m still running mine without it for now.

I’m happy you also had a good experience. we’ve been hearing plenty of stories from folks at cars and coffee about other dealers around the area, and have been happy to report back that our experience with Eric and the team couldn’t have been better.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks sweet, congrats. What plate holder are you using in front? I’m still running mine without it for now.

I’m happy you also had a good experience. we’ve been hearing plenty of stories from folks at cars and coffee about other dealers around the area, and have been happy to report back that our experience with Eric and the team couldn’t have been better.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/kentrol...y6o5fpqfxnoX9sLoVBmr9GqGtxao42bBoCS2sQAvD_BwE

Fits the shackle eyelet perfectly. the female threads for bolts that actually attach the plate to the bracket however needed to be chased on mine. They were a bit rough.

Sponsored

MellowYellow

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boxster S, 2012 C350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scottswanny

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seemingly waiting forever I finally got my Bronco yesterday. She is beautiful. I totally love the velocity blue. It looks better in person than in pictures. I've never bought a vehicle without first seeing it and driving it in person but it is totally awesome.
Eric and Kearny Mesa Ford were true to their word and there was no games or shenanigans.
The family loves it too.

20211016_135740.jpg

20211016_135952.jpg

20211016_171927.jpg

20211016_215314.jpg

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow! Been tracking my Bronco via rail and it's been moving fairly fast after leaving Kansas City, Kansas.
As of 10 am this morning it was passing through Winslow Arizona. That's about a 5 and a half hour drive from me.
If it stays on this pace I'll be picking it up 2 to 3 weeks earlier than Fords estimate! Woohoo!

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow! Been tracking my Bronco via rail and it's been moving fairly fast after leaving Kansas City, Kansas.
As of 10 am this morning it was passing through Winslow Arizona. That's about a 5 and a half hour drive from me.
If it stays on this pace I'll be picking it up 2 to 3 weeks earlier than Fords estimate! Woohoo!
How did you figure out which rail car it was on?

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How did you figure out which rail car it was on?
Emailed my dealer and asked them for the rail car number. Used the CSX Tracker.

It's currently on BNSF but started out on CSX. Because it started on CSX they track the car to its destination.

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What day did you get the shipment notification? Wondering if mine is on the same rail car……

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something is different at Ford. They actually appear to be staying on schedule.

I have a Oct 25 build date so I checked for a Window Sticker today and it's there. Other October 25 people, what's your Blend Date and scheduled order? This stuff (underlined in red) at the top of your widow sticker.

Ford Bronco A point of contact for SoCal buyers - Kearny Mesa Ford 1634582479847

If there are others out there close to mine at Kearny Mesa it would be fun to track timing all the way to the dealer.

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What day did you get the shipment notification? Wondering if mine is on the same rail car……
The tracker said shipped on the 4th, the actual email received 3 am on the 5th.
Sponsored