Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That would have helped a lot. If I do it again, I will. I also need to do some YouTube searching for the cleanest way to cut through thick plastic. I found it difficult to do without it looking like shit.
Use a soldering gun and it will cut like butter and typically leave clean lines. Any thing you want trimmed back after you cut with the soldering gun you can sand with 2000-3000 grit automotive sandpaper. Should make them look professionally installed. Just my DIY’er 2 cents.
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I could not get the rears to work with the steel bumper. I almost busted out the Dremel to trim the plastic cap but decided against it...don't think I'd ever get it right...too far off. I'll wait to do the rears until other options present them selves. I figured Weathertech will make some soon.
Well shoot. Yeah, that's what i had heard. It's your plan to just use the ford ones up front and then another brand on the rear?

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stupid question... This is all for non-sasquatch, yeah?

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch also if the tires poke out beyond the fender flares. Helps with the chipping on your truck and windshields behind your truck.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do tell about this running board template.
It's a highly precise, technical, piece of cardboard. LOL. I need to have my warehouse pull a front set and talk to the tech who made it.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the non-Sasquatch tires (IE the BL 33’s pictured here) throw rocks like the sas tires do?

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a highly precise, technical, piece of cardboard. LOL. I need to have my warehouse pull a front set and talk to the tech who made it.
Looks like a great alternative to cutting the rock rail, I am going to give it a shot...if you post specs would be great, will send beer money...

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I started working on a template a few months ago but got sidetracked. Here's a few ideas:

1a. Remove the rockrails and install the mudflaps for driving on the street.
1b. Install the rockrails and remove the mudflaps when you plan on doing some serious off roading. My FJ's mudflaps did nothing put get in the way off road and either got torn up or ripped off.

2. Cut an access hole for the rockrail to fit through. However, the mudflap will likely rub on the rockrail and prematurely rust.

3. Remove the rockrails and cut off 2" or so, reinstall the plastic end cap and reinstall the rockrails. This will allow the mudflap to fit with only a minor reduction in protection.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, here's the secret template. The way he's doing these is simple and accounts for mounting variation between vehicles.

The template is pushed over the end of the board, mud flap installed on vehicle then the template is taped to the flap, flap removed and can then be cut. It's slightly undersize to the finished hole but has worked well for the two we've done.

Ford Bronco OEM Ford Splash Guard modification for use with rock rails [updated with template] cuttemplate

cuttemplate2.jpg

cuttemplate3.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

CjDuncan

Badlands
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for this thread. Where did you purchase the OEM splash guards? Are these the Ford ones or another manufacturer? Can you provide a part number or link?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Stupid question... This is all for non-sasquatch, yeah?
Is it not a stupid question if I am wondering the same thing? All it says on the Ford Accessories website is:
Not compatible with side steps, rock rails, or any appearance package. For Use With Standard Fender Flare.
Does "Standard Fender Flare" mean non-Sasquatch fender flare, or Ford OEM fender flare? I thought base had a different width flare than BB-OBX than maybe BL than Squatch as the tire got wider, but maybe I am wrong.

So yeah: has anyone tried these on Squatch flares?

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a set, didn't notice the standard flare disclaimer

next week I'll see if they fit or what else needed to mod to fit on SAS

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, here's the secret template. The way he's doing these is simple and accounts for mounting variation between vehicles.

The template is pushed over the end of the board, mud flap installed on vehicle then the template is taped to the flap, flap removed and can then be cut. It's slightly undersize to the finished hole but has worked well for the two we've done.

Ford Bronco OEM Ford Splash Guard modification for use with rock rails [updated with template] cuttemplate3

Ford Bronco OEM Ford Splash Guard modification for use with rock rails [updated with template] cuttemplate3

Don't tell your tech that we are desperate enough that he could probably sell these for $20 a pop.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may have already been covered elsewhere, but I cut holes in the OEM splash guards, and that allowed them to be installed, even with rock rails in place. I’ll probably order a second set and do it again, this time with a little more finesse on the cutting.

OK i know i will be asking a lot, but would it be possible for you to remove a front flap and take a picture of it or a do a template, i bet a few of us would be ready to pay for the trouble. I know i would.
Sponsored