Sponsored

Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification? If not, why not?

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've searched high and low, here and Google, and can't figure out why I can't find splash guards or mud flaps for my Sas OBX with tube steps. Below is not my rig, but shows why I'm seeking these. This can't be a rare configuration, so I can't understand why there isn't a @Ford Motor Company or third party solution yet. I saw one post that suggested cutting off part of the tube step to allow one pair to fit, but I am not doing that. Point me in the right direction if I've missed something. Thanks!

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? mud spray
Sponsored

MinxShoals

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback / XC40
Your Bronco Model
Base
That picture is almost what the side of mine looks like after city/highway driving... so front mud flaps seem like a requirement.

I ordered the factory ones and have them installed OK on the rears. With the larger Sas flares, the fronts do not fit. I knew they were designed for the standard flares, but I am hoping to trim them to see if I can get them installed until a proper solution exists.

If successful, I will post the result.

OP
OP
tjnoffy

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That picture is almost what the side of mine looks like after city/highway driving... so front mud flaps seem like a requirement.

I ordered the factory ones and have them installed OK on the rears. With the larger Sas flares, the fronts do not fit. I knew they were designed for the standard flares, but I am hoping to trim them to see if I can get them installed until a proper solution exists.

If successful, I will post the result.
Thanks. And do you have the tube steps (running boards) on yours? The tube steps are the problem for me, so far.

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any splash guard products at SEMA 2021 for the new Bronco?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've searched high and low, here and Google, and can't figure out why I can't find splash guards or mud flaps for my Sas OBX with tube steps. Below is not my rig, but shows why I'm seeking these. This can't be a rare configuration, so I can't understand why there isn't a @Ford Motor Company or third party solution yet. I saw one post that suggested cutting off part of the tube step to allow one pair to fit, but I am not doing that. Point me in the right direction if I've missed something. Thanks!

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? mud spray
Oh! Good Question. Watching this thread.

Sponsored

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've read that swapping the tube steps to the opposite sides will create enough room for mud flaps to be installed on the front. Can anyone confirm this? I was looking to just get the plain flaps from Ford accessories. Crazy that they haven't made mud flaps for those of us with factory tube steps. https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-gatorback-molded-front-splash-guard-pair-1

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've read that swapping the tube steps to the opposite sides will create enough room for mud flaps to be installed on the front. Can anyone confirm this? I was looking to just get the plain flaps from Ford accessories. Crazy that they haven't made mud flaps for those of us with factory tube steps. https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-gatorback-molded-front-splash-guard-pair-1
Interesting that the picture of Ford mud flaps at the link above shows them installed with a rock rail, yet the Details state, "not compatible with rock rails". I want mud flaps, too, and my WT will have tube steps.

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to my world. None fit on non sas with a step, either.

Reactions: Cat

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Welcome to my world. None fit on non sas with a step, either.
Found this on Ford Accessories website...wonder if these would work with tube steps:

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? Screenshot_20211105-105402_Outlook

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this on Ford Accessories website...wonder if these would work with tube steps:

Ford Bronco Do splash guards/mud flaps exist for Sasquatch w/ tube steps without modification?  If not, why not? Screenshot_20211105-105402_Outlook
No. When you go to order them it says they won't work with tube steps. Plus they are stupid expensive. And I'm not using slang. It's stupid how much they cost.

Sponsored

Con

Black Diamond
First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger fx4 lariat - waiting to order my BD2DMT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
get a set of universal flaps from Rokblok or Rally armor. that would prob be the easiest and cheapest way to go

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

get a set of universal flaps from Rokblok or Rally armor. that would prob be the easiest and cheapest way to go
They don't fit a Bronco with a step. I've already tried fitting generic universal mud flaps and they just don't work due to flares, crash bars, and the step. Rock rail will be the same issue.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There’s going to be so many Broncos with hideous mud flaps lol.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They don't fit a Bronco with a step. I've already tried fitting generic universal mud flaps and they just don't work due to flares, crash bars, and the step. Rock rail will be the same issue.
I called Ford Performance and asked that this issue be elevated to Engineering.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs