Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting. But that's a bit more than i can do. I hope someone comes out with something soon. I'm looking into PPF but the expense is crazy.
I was able to move the side steps back 1” by drilling new holes in each of the 3 step mounting brackets
Pretty easy to do and was able to install Ford front mud flaps without the ‘cutouts’

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks A5C17907-D49B-4918-8551-0E5CE6464BE0

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 8F7C3DBB-9758-4DB3-85CC-AEC446747EC8

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 67DA03B7-4B52-4C69-9093-BE287E0DDB8E
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 00822CF3-7ED2-42BE-B8E6-F8BC0EC91FCF
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These will but they suggest having 35’s. I ordered these for my obx sas.
The front ones fit great. But I bought those exact same rear ones for my BL "non sas" and they don't fit. They don't line up with the rear bumper and mounting holes. I don't know why. Aren't the rear bumpers the same?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would just swapping side to side do the trick? The steps do not appear to extend back far enough yet too far forward. Unless they are identical part numbers

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The front ones fit great. But I bought those exact same rear ones for my BL "non sas" and they don't fit. They don't line up with the rear bumper and mounting holes. I don't know why. Aren't the rear bumpers the same?
Yes they should be.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was able to move the side steps back 1” by drilling new holes in each of the 3 step mounting brackets
Pretty easy to do and was able to install Ford front mud flaps without the ‘cutouts’

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks 00822CF3-7ED2-42BE-B8E6-F8BC0EC91FCF

Wow, what a great idea, I'm going to have to try that myself. You would think Ford could have figured that out!

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ok, cool. So, a couple of questions...
  • In the last photo, I assume the factory holes are the left and right holes, from this perspective, with the rectangular imprints around them, and your new hole is the one in the middle. So you only have one bolt holding the tube steps onto each mounting bracket? If so, I question how secure they are. If not, I'm misunderstanding the photo.
  • Can you offer a picture of how the rear of the tube steps now line up with the rear fender flare, body and tire? Just curious what the shift looks like in the back.
Thanks!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Serious question. If the OBX has SAS and Advanced 4x4 w/ 4.7 Rear Locking Diff how would it be less capable that any other Bronco (w/o the sway bar disconnect)?
It’s not.

tbohland

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok, cool. So, a couple of questions...
  • In the last photo, I assume the factory holes are the left and right holes, from this perspective, with the rectangular imprints around them, and your new hole is the one in the middle. So you only have one bolt holding the tube steps onto each mounting bracket? If so, I question how secure they are. If not, I'm misunderstanding the photo.
  • Can you offer a picture of how the rear of the tube steps now line up with the rear fender flare, body and tire? Just curious what the shift looks like in the back.
Thanks!
You are spot on, there are three brackets per side, so for now each is held in place by 3 instead of 6 bolts. I may drill out the rails to have the other 3 bolts install too, need to figure that out. Its plenty secure for now with just 3 per side

three factory brackets
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks B3ADFFAF-725A-4E18-9DD4-B853F1971C4B

factory clips on underside of step
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks B6DC8E24-5696-4141-954C-D0D89BFBF741

The back lines up nicely
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks D60DFA91-A172-4E19-91D0-4D5A9C2D0AED

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks CF0867E3-2E00-4BFA-B0F0-CEE2C6147D3A

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks E8EDD698-D44F-42BF-B158-DD87D12772F3

Front
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks AF1A3514-C677-4941-8803-65CF1423403F

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, thanks for your answers and the photos. So, the shifted tube steps looks to be about the distance from your tires that my stock tube steps are from my rear Sasquatch tires now. Not sure that shifting the tube steps an inch closer to the rear tires will work. But I'd be curious how drilling extra holes for the tube steps work out. I'm still not confident with one bolt per bracket.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks AF1A3514-C677-4941-8803-65CF1423403F

Hey thanks for posting these pics, they are quite helpful. My obx sas should be delivered in a week or two and I’m disappointed we have no aftermarket options yet.

Based on your experience would it be possible to just remove the step end cap, cut 1” off the step and then replace end cap? I don’t have a feel for the step design without a bronco in my driveway but am wondering if this would be another option.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey thanks for posting these pics, they are quite helpful. My obx sas should be delivered in a week or two and I’m disappointed we have no aftermarket options yet.

Based on your experience would it be possible to just remove the step end cap, cut 1” off the step and then replace end cap? I don’t have a feel for the step design without a bronco in my driveway but am wondering if this would be another option.
A lot of us thought that would be a simple solution, but the end cap snaps into channels to attach. If you didn't mind making it permanent, you could lop off the 1 inch, grind the cap nibs, and the re-attach the cap with a permanent adhesive, thus eliminating the snaps and cutouts. I'm not sure I can go that far.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks Step 8

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks Step 9

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks Step 7

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would just swapping side to side do the trick? The steps do not appear to extend back far enough yet too far forward. Unless they are identical part numbers
A few folks have done that. Still involves some drilling. Biggest show stopper for me is the leading edge of the step is tapered and the rear is more squared off. Swapping side to side flips them front and rear.

Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks Step 1
Ford Bronco Mud flaps/ Splash guards for Outerbanks Step 2

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A lot of us thought that would be a simple solution, but the end cap snaps into channels to attach. If you didn't mind making it permanent, you could lop off the 1 inch, grind the cap nibs, and the re-attach the cap with a permanent adhesive, thus eliminating the snaps and cutouts. I'm not sure I can go that far.

Wow great pics. Very informative. Well, looks like I’m screwed and will wait for aftermarket support. Still surprised nothing is available yet. With all the broncos being produced in this configuration you would think a well designed splash guard would be like printing your own money

tbohland

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I took the end cap off to explore that option
Its cut on an angle with clip so it would require some work to reattach, maybe double sided tape. It seemed like more work than drilling a hole in each mounting bracket. I have seen posts where others went the cut off route so there are options.

It would be easy fix for Ford to make a slight change to accommodate the front mudflap. It does a good job keeping snow and mud off the step and down the side of the Bronco

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You are spot on, there are three brackets per side, so for now each is held in place by 3 instead of 6 bolts. I may drill out the rails to have the other 3 bolts install too, need to figure that out. Its plenty secure for now with just 3 per side

three factory brackets

factory clips on underside of step

The back lines up nicely

Front
So, I'm about to do SKIP's method, which seems super simple....using rivet nuts, I drill two new in the bottom of the side steps and insert rivet nuts, and attach the side step using the two existing holes with the original bolts in the bracket. I just received my Aoben rivet nut tool from Amazon, now I just need to go buy a 9mm drill bit, but your method seem super super simple, just drill one hole in each bracket, adjust side step to line up the exist hole/clip in the side step to the new hole in the bracket, and screw on, correct?

Bronco Wheel Well 3.jpg
Sponsored