Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'll put mine on normally.

I really hate seeing them in front windows. Looks crappy I think.

I don't like them off-centre. I know some vehicles that's the only place but I need the symmetry if I'm going to have a front plate.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m from Illinois and a front license plate is required by law, but looking at the Bronco I’m willing to risk it and forgo the plate on the front. I’m curious if anyone else is going to do this as well? If you are mounting a front plate where will you mount it?
Who wouldn't wan't a plate that says "FAMOUS POTATOES"?

I plan to mount it with a rotating LED light ring to draw attention to it! :p

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in Texas, I got pulled over one day and I had no idea why. Cop asked me why I had no front plate, except I did have a front plate. He pulled me over when he had seen another car that looked like mine that did not have the front plate and had passed me when I pulled into a turn lane. I was so baffled that I did not get the chance to be indignant about being pulled over. Cop was not the least bit apologetic and actually had to look at my front bumper twice before letting me go.

Also in Texas, I am pretty sure the reason the front plate is required is not for any safety purpose but rather for all the @$%&!*@ toll roads, red light cameras and other revenue generators.

Sponsored

jtzako

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry officer, it restricts airflow and kills turbo.
Lol. Though it doesnt have to be in the center anywhere. Just has to be visible from the front of the vehicle. (in rare cases in the windshield doesnt count but only if it is specifically called out in the statute) Besides, I'd rather have it off center than have a buck-tooth.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'll run a front plate because it's required in MD and I don't get my kicks from arbitrary micro-subversion, but I'll definitely be trying to find a nice place to mount it a little higher up because the front plate on the Pajero and GC both get really bashed up offroading.

Alan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 535xdrive M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My daily driver is a BMW 535xdrive and there is a company that makes a license plate holder that screws in the tow eye location on the front side of the bumper. I'm sure some aftermarket company will make something for the Bronco, or will have a mount on their aftermarket bumpers and bull bars. I'll definitely get one if available.

This is the one for my BMW: http://www.usmillworks.com/default.html

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m from Illinois and a front license plate is required by law, but looking at the Bronco I’m willing to risk it and forgo the plate on the front. I’m curious if anyone else is going to do this as well? If you are mounting a front plate where will you mount it?
I'm in IL as well, didn't have a front license plate on a VW of mine for 5 years. never had an issue.

honus01

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Living close to a plate-free-front border, I'm less apt to get pulled over. I talk a big game like I won't do it, but I probably will put one on...

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NJ they will pull you over.... After market will have something. I do not drill into bumpers so for my Camaro I got a bracket that used the front spoiler bolts... there will be something that can go in front of the winch and pivot down if needed or clip in on the side that can be pulled for off road use etc. etc.

Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate 1596120601106

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live the Illinois... well whatever you want to call it. It's the law... I follow the law. Relocating to Michigan and will not be required to have a front plate when that happens. But for now I do.
Ford Bronco Let’s talk front license plate GUMPSGARAGE

Deleted member 3063

Just changed the law requiring the front plat in Ohio, got to take 5 off when I get around to it.
Sponsored