First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anybody getting anywhere with ford having their airbag replaced? I have been raising hell with them but got nowhere. I know there are plenty of airbags!!!!
Sponsored

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Built 8/11, shipped email 10/3, recall 10/4, and went back to DM! I think once it became a formal recall we got screwed! You’re now dealing with a government agency. If you look at the NHTSA website, it is still awaiting a resolution number. So, Ford can’t do anything until the “resolution” is approved. Which is why I don’t even bother calling Ford.

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Built 8/11, shipped email 10/3, recall 10/4, and went back to DM! I think once it became a formal recall we got screwed! You’re now dealing with a government agency. If you look at the NHTSA website, it is still awaiting a resolution number. So, Ford can’t do anything until the “resolution” is approved. Which is why I don’t even bother calling Ford.
Good to know

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has Ford offered you anything to make it right?

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It arrived the evening the day before yesterday. I went in the next afternoon and it already had those miles. They say it was not them, and that's what it had on it when they got it. Said it was probably racked up with trips around dirt mountain. It was built 8/9 and sat around waiting for a MIC 2.0 top. I tend to believe them. The dealer also pointed out some problematic areas on the MIC 2.0 to and said he let ford know that they should replace this one too. I took a picture of the miles...
If Ford ran yours on the test track there should be documentation to show why it has the miles.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has Ford offered you anything to make it right?
Haha, no. Dealer has been great, but nothing they can do. They were pumped when they thought it was being shipped as I'm their only FE order.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anybody hear anything? If I dont hear anything soon i am planning on ordering a F-150 Tremor.

lsirois

First Edition
First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 Supercrew Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anybody hear anything? If I dont hear anything soon i am planning on ordering a F-150 Tremor.
No
and this is getting ridiculous!

Sponsored

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope, not a damn thing, and forget trying to get answers from anyone. Mike Levine purposely ignores any and all tough questions posed on social media too. So much for being a VP of “communications”. I’d be embarrassed to claim that title if I were him with Ford’s horrible handling of all things Bronco, including the utter lack of communication on airbags. Remember when letters were supposed to be 11/19 and finish 11/22? Has anyone seen one of these magical letters for the recall where it outlines how and when this is supposed to happen?

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was not Fords fault... was the air bag vender...
It was actually stated it was a new worker on the line that folded the airbags the wrong way

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was actually stated it was a new worker on the line that folded the airbags the wrong way
Yea
I know
 still the vendor
 DUH

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A new line worker for Joyson, the airbag supplier, not anyone on a Ford line directly. That being said, doesn’t matter that it wasn’t a Ford worker, it’s still Ford’s problem and they refuse to correct it or provide any info about when it might happen. Mine was built 8/4 and sent to DM for couple of months, only to be released and promptly jailed at the dealer with a stop-sale for airbag recall. They could and should overnight 553 airbags to every dealer with an affected Bronco (they’ve long ago identified affected VINs), but rather than fix their problem they’ve prioritized building thousands of new units, each requiring a passenger airbag, all while claiming that they don’t have the parts available to fix mine/ours and leave them to sit at a dealer for going on 2 months now? See post after post of people with build dates as late as the end of this month with ETA dates of first of December, which means they’ll somehow get theirs before mine??! Unacceptable on every level and they know it.
Sponsored