Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm soooo pissed off about this. It may not be Ford's fault the airbags were faulty, but the way they're handling this is a clusterf**k! Very heartbreaking to see Bronco's continue to be produced and delivered, meanwhile mine and others have been sitting at the dealership for 2 months now with no word out of Ford other than, sorry that part can't be ordered right now! Come on @Ford Motor Company!!!! What the hell is going on?
This is the same thing they did with the hard top. Not their fault, was the manufacturer, but when they started getting the corrected version they have been putting them on new builds rather than the ones on Dirt Mountain. I think they just want to have the largest number of builds for the first year of production that they can for some reason. Shareholders?
Sponsored

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So odd that the ones that are out in the field the letter states that you can keep driving and just schedule with the dealer for the replacement, but the ones that arrived at the dealership after the discovery of the bad airbag, those people (me included) cannot even test drive or buy the vehicle. How can they have two sets of standards for the same airbag problem?

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So odd that the ones that are out in the field the letter states that you can keep driving and just schedule with the dealer for the replacement, but the ones that arrived at the dealership after the discovery of the bad airbag, those people (me included) cannot even test drive or buy the vehicle. How can they have two sets of standards for the same airbag problem?
That bugs the crap out of me, too. It's ludicrous. Maybe we should go to the media as a group.

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After seeing no movement forward on the problem for months. I might concur that this is the only way it will get addressed. Still not sure how many people of the 553 are being held at dealerships. My gut feel is it is only around 25. The rest probably had soft tops and were delivered before the recall and some of the others may be getting fixed in MAP after being held at Dirt Mountain. So the few that are being held are just to small of an amount for them to even focus on.

cshaw58

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So wouldn't an honest dealer be mortified to send out a test drive unit of any model without a working airbag? What if there was an accident and there were injuries? Imagine the liability knowing this before you let a car out. Isn't that the same reason you can’t have it? It's too unsafe? Go figure.
Read above- the dealer is not using it for a test drive unit.......

Sponsored

cshaw58

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would raise hell with them about letting people test drive it, that is just wrong. They are essentially going to sell you a demo even though you ordered it.
See notes above- nobody is test driving his Bronco. This is how rumors get started, then the social media takes over......

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But we know the part exists, otherwise thousands of Broncos wouldn’t have been produced after ours. They’re purposely choosing not to make a part number available, although I found the part # in the NHTSA paperwork. You can see the part # for the “remedy part” listed here:
1638196435527.jpeg

As for getting ahold of Levine, it’s Twitter. I literally had to resort to creating a Twitter account for the express purpose of trying to get info from him out of desperation. Crazy that this is the length ive had to go to in an attempt to get any sort of honest answer, but I’ve gotten nothing. He actually responded to me twice, both times with nothing worth noting, and now just ignores anyone asking tough questions.
Can you send me the link where you got this please?

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No one is driving it for sure. It is still in transport mode

Sponsored

ghbronco71

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big and ridiculous news on my Bronco that made it to my dealership with the air bag recall… Ford picked it up from the dealership two days ago. They won’t let the dealer repair it. They are shipping it all the way back to Michigan for the repair. They said it would take only 2-3 days to repair in the plant. But how long to ship back and forth from Louisiana?!!!

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Big and ridiculous news on my Bronco that made it to my dealership with the air bag recall… Ford picked it up from the dealership two days ago. They won’t let the dealer repair it. They are shipping it all the way back to Michigan for the repair. They said it would take only 2-3 days to repair in the plant. But how long to ship back and forth from Louisiana?!!!
What?!?! That’s insane! I really hope this isn’t Ford’s real solution.

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After seeing no movement forward on the problem for months. I might concur that this is the only way it will get addressed. Still not sure how many people of the 553 are being held at dealerships. My gut feel is it is only around 25. The rest probably had soft tops and were delivered before the recall and some of the others may be getting fixed in MAP after being held at Dirt Mountain. So the few that are being held are just to small of an amount for them to even focus on.
Make that 26 held at dealerships... My 2 door badlands was originally scheduled for 6/28, and got magically pushed back to 8/11... It was finally delivered to the dealer on 11/16, but with the faulty airbag... I've called ford 2x a week for the last 3 weeks and nobodys given me a legit answer. I've heard it's in the hands of the NHSTA though, still bs that we can't drive them, yet those soft tops that were delivered can still drive around....

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Make that 26 held at dealerships... My 2 door badlands was originally scheduled for 6/28, and got magically pushed back to 8/11... It was finally delivered to the dealer on 11/16, but with the faulty airbag... I've called ford 2x a week for the last 3 weeks and nobodys given me a legit answer. I've heard it's in the hands of the NHSTA though, still bs that we can't drive them, yet those soft tops that were delivered can still drive around....
If Ford is telling you that it’s in the hands of the NHTSA then they’re lying to you. I actually contacted the person listed as the liaison within the agency in the NHTSA documents whose job is to coordinate with Ford. She flat out told me that it’s all in Ford’s hands and that they’ve been told by Ford that the part can’t be ordered because of constraints due to Covid. That’s a load of horseshit though because they’re building thousands of units since ours have been built, all using airbags. Someone else affected by the recall even gave the part number listed for the airbag in the documents to their dealer and that they were able to order the airbag, but now the dealer won’t install it because Ford is sitting on the recall and refusing to make this right. I also agree with you about the refusal to give us our trucks while others who happened to beat the recall and take delivery are allowed to continue driving them. I get the legal liability here, but to get double-hit with this just sucks. First we got stuck with the MIC tops because Ford refused to delivery our Bronco while others who happened to get lucky with their hardtop before the MIC issues shut things down were allowed to drive theirs, then we get hit again with the stop-sale over airbag issue while those delivered before the recall hit are allowed to continue driving theirs around. How Ford managed to avoid the issues that the other auto manufacturers did during the Great Recession is beyond me because they are one of the most pathetic excuses for a company, as has been proven over and over again with their launch failures.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
By the way, here’s the exact email that I received from the liaison on the airbag recall:

“Ford Motors sent out interim owner notification letters on November 15, 2021 and stated that the parts are not available. Due to Covid, many manufacturers are having a hard time manufacturing parts. I’m sure that the parts will be available in the near future. NHTSA does not produce products for the remedy or control how fast the remedy is available. Ford has to do that and they are working on the part for the remedy.”

So yeah, this is 100% on Ford to correct and they are refusing to do so. I only wish there was some way to exert pressure or turn the screws on them because I feel like they don’t think they need to do this quickly since it’s such a small number of us impacted by it.
Sponsored

Last edited: