Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I said 13 second 0-60 not quarter mile.

And I’m talking about the published horsepower numbers not wheel.
Okay, fine, whatever. I'm sure you wouldn't consider a Datsun 1500 a sports car either, would you?

85hp, 0-60mph 15.5s, 1/4 mile 20.2s at 66mph

datsun.jpg

point is, a "sports car" isn't determined by straight line speed. It's about the physical layout of the car, and in 1974, the Mustang was considered a sports coupe with a European-inspired design, just as Mustang has always been (up until the Mach E)
Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, taking a look at where's Ford's stock has gone since I sold mine out Sunday morning shows that it spiked up over the weekend from the release, then has SHARPLY taken a nose dive since, even harder than before the Mach E was released... logic would tell you investors are seeing what a negative impact this is having on those who are really keeping the company alive, and know that this won't last much longer...

So much for being "good for the company"...

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here you go...tablet camera sucks. There easy to be had at or close to MSRP last two years all one has to do is shop around.

IMG_20191120_191619.jpg
How do you not pass out with that boner you surely must be sporting all day everyday?

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Mach E has 1 pedal drive mode!!! Exhilarating :thumbsdown:
Let’s give the people that can’t drive a vehicle that does 0-60 in 3.5 :facepalm:

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, taking a look at where's Ford's stock has gone since I sold mine out Sunday morning shows that it spiked up over the weekend from the release, then has SHARPLY taken a nose dive since, even harder than before the Mach E was released... logic would tell you investors are seeing what a negative impact this is having on those who are really keeping the company alive, and know that this won't last much longer...

So much for being "good for the company"...
As a smart investor, did you compare Ford's stock during the same period against other investments in the same sector?

I have a nice chart, F vs. TM vs. GM vs. FCAU, but for some reason can't attach it. You wouldn't like it anyways, as it proves the inverse of your argument.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a smart investor, did you compare Ford's stock during the same period against other investments in the same sector?

I have a nice chart, F vs. TM vs. GM vs. FCAU, but for some reason can't attach it. You wouldn't like it anyways, as it proves the inverse of your argument.
I’d have to see the charts you’re referring to, but what I’m seeing from Ford alone is that there was a sharp increase on Monday solely from the weekend stock purchases over the release, then a sharp drop afterward at an even faster rate than prior to the Mach E’s release

But as a smart investor, Ford stock didn’t mean much to me anyways. It was solely a passion purchase; I believed in the company, so I invested in it. They threw that belief away, so I threw their stock away. As a smart investor, I wouldn’t be investing in Ford at all

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d have to see the charts you’re referring to, but what I’m seeing from Ford alone is that there was a sharp increase on Monday solely from the weekend stock purchases over the release, then a sharp drop afterward at an even faster rate than prior to the Mach E’s release

But as a smart investor, Ford stock didn’t mean much to me anyways. It was solely a passion purchase; I believed in the company, so I invested in it. They threw that belief away, so I threw their stock away. As a smart investor, I wouldn’t be investing in Ford at all
GM and FCAU fell quite a bit more than Ford, Toyota managed to stay slightly above Ford but still took a good hit on Monday. My guess is there was an industry-wide factor, as all four fell more than the DJI.

Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 12.51.28 PM.jpg

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Imagine! The Ford Probe Thunderclap! Or the Ford Grand Mach-E! Yeah! I could get behind that!
The Grand Mach-E could have been a winner. Even better if they brought back the Mercury brand and badged it as that... LMAO.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Even better if they brought back the Mercury brand and badged it as that... LMAO.
I would have thought the Mercury brand would be a great fit for a new electric line too, but the arguments DeMuro made in the video above seem like fair reasoning.

OTOH the use of 'Bronco' as a brand still doesn't make sense. Those vehicles don't have the same hurdles the electric market does.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
ITT: Ideas that would result in lower sales for the Mach E.

Reviving a dead nameplate for it is stupid and ineffective.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would have thought the Mercury brand would be a great fit for a new electric line too, but the arguments DeMuro made in the video above seem like fair reasoning.

OTOH the use of 'Bronco' as a brand still doesn't make sense. Those vehicles don't have the same hurdles the electric market does.
I don’t know how much of a “family” the Bronco will be. I mean it’s not really any different than having the Bronco II and BroncoBronco on sale at the same time.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just watched the Cybrtrk reveal. If it really does all the stuff Elon says, it will be a very high bar for other manufacturers to reach - from a spreadsheet perspective. It won't be everybody's cup of tea cosmetically.

My guess is it isn't nearly ready for prime time, but there was some exigency to do a reveal for cash flow. He's good at manipulating his stock prices.

Windows need work.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea no mirrors, no blinkers, untested windows with steel ball.... doesn’t seem fully figured out yet.. kinda cool if you could learn to live with the looks though..
Sponsored