Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a new Bronco II in ‘85. It had a V6, 5 speed, rear locker and front Limited slip. I added a lift, 32” tires and 4.56 gears and it was quite capable for the time!😎
Mine has 4.56 gears, lockers F/R and 34s and based off my trip yesterday it's at least as capable as a Sasquatch if not a little more. I'd like a little better crawl ratio is all, I missed the C gear.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a 1988 Bronco II and loved it.. That little thing went through just about anything. The only thing I didnt like about it was the manual lock outs...

BBJ BRONCO IV

Badlands
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over the past year, I have been hiding in the background admiring everyone's postings of their fantastic Broncos. I thought I would share.

What I spend too much time obsessing over: a '22 OB in and a '90 Bronco II. There is no comparison in the rides but I love them both nonetheless. Thanks for letting me share!

PXL_20220627_014621973.jpg
PXL_20220627_015223067.jpg
my brother had a brand new Bronco II back in the day. 6 cylinder, stick. 5 speed as I recall. It was a blast to drive. Yours is indeed a very well maintained throw back Seldom seen now. Oh. Sweet OB also!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, 1990 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Brother, there's no offense taken here. We love your Bronco pictures and your multi generational collection that you care for. Your different incarnations of the awesomeness of that which is the Bronco is encouraged. Keep them coming.
Brother, there's no offense taken here. We love your Bronco pictures and your multi generational collection that you care for. Your different incarnations of the awesomeness of that which is the Bronco is encouraged. Keep them coming.
Thanks for this!

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my brother had a brand new Bronco II back in the day. 6 cylinder, stick. 5 speed as I recall. It was a blast to drive. Yours is indeed a very well maintained throw back Seldom seen now. Oh. Sweet OB also!
That would be my one wish: to have a manual transmission in this one, too. The floor-mounted shifter for the 4 x 4 is the closest that this one comes to being a stick shift.
Ford Bronco Bronco 6th gen vs Bronco II IMG_20201027_182023

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an 1989 Bronco II and I love it! I have been hiding and watching as well as the new ones become more available but haven't made the leap yet. Though I will!! Good looking pair!
I absolutely love it!

Wow - this looks in fantastic shape.

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Amazing to see a Bronco II in such good condition, and from Canada with those weather conditions, looks great!
Thanks! Yes, certainly, if there is one still around, it is often full of rust holes because of salt on the roads. If there is any sign of moisture on the ground or in the weather forecast, I leave it parked in the garage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got nothing against the Bronco II. I always thought they were pretty cool.
I meet lots of people who say that their parent or a sibling had one. They often have fond memories about them - but likely not because they were high performance machines! Thanks for checking out my post.

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice! I’m a fan of the Bronco II as well. I parked next to one the other day and was surprised at the shape/contour similarities.

Great photo! That is a sharp looking 6th gen!

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco 2 aged well in my opinion. They seemed hideous when new, now not so bad 👍🏻
I think the worst part is the side glass on the top, the way it goes all the way up. If there was a strip of fiberglass above it, body/top color, I think that would improve the look 100%. Nice Broncos, enjoy!
The curved glass at the top has been growing on me lately. As I get older, I am appreciating the few curves in my life. (My wife doesn't think this is funny, though.)
Ford Bronco Bronco 6th gen vs Bronco II PXL_20220627_015311834

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure why. I thought the Bronco purists thought the only real Bronco is one with 2 doors?
A Bronco is what Ford says it is. Burned out on the 2 door 4 door thing. I remember most said the same thing about trucks and now how many 2 door trucks do you see? Are they still trucks (F150’s)?
Sponsored

Last edited: