First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had ‘89 and ‘90 Bronco IIs and loved them. Great little vehicles. Also, one of the instructors at the Bronco Rodeo in New Hampshire had one in terrific shape. They are rare nowadays so glad to see you taking care of one of them!
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like my current 6g, I ordered an 84 before I ever saw one. 2.8 carburetor and 4 speed. That 2.8 was a bit anemic, but loved the BII. Got an 86 2.9 auto in 89. That 2.9 efi with a whopping 140 hp was much better than the 120 hp 2.8. Then I owned a 90 Eddie Bauer 5spd. Those 89's and 90's with the soon to be Explorer front end an dash were the best!
Hoping my 21 lives up to the pedigree.

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks, 1990 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had ‘89 and ‘90 Bronco IIs and loved them. Great little vehicles. Also, one of the instructors at the Bronco Rodeo in New Hampshire had one in terrific shape. They are rare nowadays so glad to see you taking care of one of them!
Thanks! I had one before and have always regretted selling it. So, I plan to keep this one for the future grandkids.

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like my current 6g, I ordered an 84 before I ever saw one. 2.8 carburetor and 4 speed. That 2.8 was a bit anemic, but loved the BII. Got an 86 2.9 auto in 89. That 2.9 efi with a whopping 140 hp was much better than the 120 hp 2.8. Then I owned a 90 Eddie Bauer 5spd. Those 89's and 90's with the soon to be Explorer front end an dash were the best!
Hoping my 21 lives up to the pedigree.
That's a great story. You would only need 10 minutes in one of your old BII's and you would be reminded quickly that your '21 is more than capable of the pedigree. I call my BII a 'tin can with wheels' but I still won't give it up.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a great story. You would only need 10 minutes in one of your old BII's and you would be reminded quickly that your '21 is more than capable of the pedigree. I call my BII a 'tin can with wheels' but I still won't give it up.
My son started driving in the 90, I sold it to a relative, they still drive it. I've had the 21 almost a year, loving it.

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had an '88 Bronco II and loved it. One of those "wish I still had" vehicles. Would be nice to put it between my '75 and '21.
Oh, that would be a great trio on your driveway! I endeavour to have the same trio one day.

OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, have you taken care of that! my high school buddy had one that is what I still think of when I hear the word "Bronco."
Interestingly, I get a lot of compliments about the BII from young men in their 20's. I often joke with them by saying they have obviously never driven one.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey! I wanted to be the first to post my 6G next to my B2.

PXL_20221029_173347944.jpg
Sweet! The swampers look awesome on there.

About 20 years ago, my brother bought an 86 B2 2.8/5 speed for $450 to go ride along with my 93. We cut the fenders and used some things from the plumbing section to lift it a couple inches and crammed 35" mud tires in there. It won no races but boy did it go places off-road! It would be amazing to have it back and in the condition as seen below... those graphics are A+!
Ford Bronco Bronco 6th gen vs Bronco II PXL_20221031_031219798

Ford Bronco Bronco 6th gen vs Bronco II deuce_deep_hole

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco Bronco 6th gen vs Bronco II 20141024_123811

This was my avatar pic until I bought the '22. It looks great in that pic, but it's rough up close. It's had a hard life.

I bought it several years ago and I still have it. I put a lot of time and money in it to make it a driver. That's an 88 and we had an 86 for few years in the way back.

Driving it is like medicine for my soul. By almost any modern objective standard it is not a good vehicle, but I love it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alberta Broncos

Alberta Broncos

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got nothing against the Bronco II. I always thought they were pretty cool.
Ford Bronco Bronco 6th gen vs Bronco II 20141024_123811

This was my avatar pic until I bought the '22. It looks great in that pic, but it's rough up close. It's had a hard life.

I bought it several years ago and I still have it. I put a lot of time and money in it to make it a driver. That's an 88 and we had an 86 for few years in the way back.

Driving it is like medicine for my soul. By almost any modern objective standard it is not a good vehicle, but I love it.
It looks great - don't ever get rid of it. You would regret it.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sports are actually
It’s not like you posted a pic of your Bronco Sport parked next to your Bronco II or worse OBS Escape
IF you want
Wheeeeew.... I thought you were gonna come in here spouting off some nonsense that 4 door Broncos are the superior Bronco... :cool:

That's a nice pair !!
You are correct, the OP is not obsessed with number of doors, maybe somebody else is?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had quite a few Broncos over the years- two of the first Gen, then 2 of the bigger third? Gen. I remember when the Bronco II first came out- much smaller size. I really liked them and looked at them a few times to purchase but I also remember the price being high. They were so expensive at the time in comparison to other vehicles if I remember correctly. It deterred me from ever buying one.
Sponsored