First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Baby, it's cold outside. -3F here in Central KY w/ -20 wind chill. We got 2-ish inches of snow but there's a sheet of ice under it. Bronco did great this morning.

Stay safe, everybody.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Dropped 40 degrees overnight here, but its better than when I lived in the great white north. I will take 2-3 days of cold over months or like half the year of shitty weather.

Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
50 and rain here in Maine...and lots of wind. Top of a pine just fell outside my office, hit the propane tank and vented the contents of the tank to atmosphere (300 gallon tank). Guess if the power goes out, the generator isn't going to run so we will all just go home early.

Supposed to drop into the low teens tonight.

(and stop quoting wind chill, that's just a garbage number)

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

15 degrees here in Atlanta. No snow. Not a big deal since I ski, but there are people down here freezing wearing layers of cotton. Bless em!

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Uh ohh. Pretty sure mine is sitting in Twin Oaks PA csx rail yard. Right next to Delaware River..hopefully it’s sitting above the flood line. Predicting lots of flooding on East Coast. No big cyclone bomb yet here in NJ

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meteorologist here. From a technical standpoint, a bomb cyclone is any mid latitude cyclone that lowers in pressure by 24 millibars in 24 hours.

Most popular media now calls any bad storm a bomb. I have not checked if this storm was a bomb by meteorological standards. Also the NWS does not name winter storms, that’s 100% weather channel bullshit.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1°F here this morning

Ford Bronco Post your Bomb Cyclone mega snow storm Bronco pics 🌨️ 🌬️ 84155696-564B-4198-AA43-7EF06D8226DA

Ford Bronco Post your Bomb Cyclone mega snow storm Bronco pics 🌨️ 🌬️ 72ED878A-7189-4DC9-980A-96B063501FD6

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, I don't ever remember these bomb cyclones from when I was younger. Seems to be they just used to call them winter storms. Anyway, 12deg here in DFW with a feels like temp of -4deg. Brrrrrr. 🥶
I'm going to nerd out for a bit so feel free to ignore me... and @mtclimb3r can correct me if any of this is wrong. (I studied meteorology in college but got bored and switched to engineering.)

I don't know who came up with the name "bomb cyclone," but the actual technical term for these sorts of weather events are bombogensis... which is really just a really bad cyclogenesis. Cyclogenesis is a system that results in a dramatic drops of barometric pressure.

These types of cold snap storms have always happened, but what is strange about them now is how far south they are occurring. Traditionally the jet stream would keep these types of storms above the 35-38° latitude line... roughly the Arkansas/Missouri state line, middle of Tennessee, North Carolina, etc. If you were south of that line, these super cold snap systems were relatively rare (once every few decades or so) because the jet stream would effectively form a barrier and keep the system up north.

For the past decade or so, we've seen the jet stream effectively collapse, and areas of the country (Texas, MIssissippi, Florida, Louisiana, etc.) that only saw this type of weather once every few decades are now seeing it almost every year. Which people online love to talk about, and I suspect people down south hate. This type of weather in Chicago is common and boring. But Tallahasse, Florida having a HIGH of 32° tomorrow when their average LOW is 44° is the type of stuff the internet and news media loves to eat up.

Last edited:

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10 and -4 wind chill here this morning in Boerne (Texas Hill Country). Y'all can have this stuff back up North please and thank you!

Hoping to see a bunch more cool snow pix here later... Y'all stay safe out there.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

-11 here in Wisconsin ( not wind chill ).... winds are 40 with gusts up to 60. Was driving the BR around pounding through drifts. I was surprised how stable it is in the crosswinds very little body roll when gusts hit it. Great traction, the 37's make a huge difference. I was pretty confident if I did slide off I could just drive right back out of the ditch. The heated seats and steering wheel are nice too.
The only negative is the wind noise from the top.

This keep up I'll be doing donuts on the lake soon :cool: