Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Nope, it pinches the top lip…
IMG_6875.jpeg
Ahhhh!, thanks for the enlightenment. I know it said “no drill”, and I’m not even from Missouri!

Last edited:

Bronco Dad

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2022 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hello All, It's been awhile. Wanted to share some news after 2.5 months of ownership.

I just received my Ford check for the Model Year Transition Rebate. Took some time, but my salesperson and I kept in contact and it was finally approved last week and sent to me ASAP. Seems as though the dealership had to submit some sort of request/ticket to Ford that then had to run through hoops.

HE 4DR RR 2.3L AUTO
3600 Miles
21.3 MPG
Added Struts to front Hood and Rail protectors both from RPM Bronco.

Love the Bronco and it attracts attention. I've yet to see a fellow Heritage Edition on the road. RR is a great color. We've taken the top off a few times and it's great.

Sponsored

gregory.conklin

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62 Falcon 68 F250 92 F250 97 Ranger 13 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Today marks day 100 since our Bronco went into production. I'm about ready to just give up on this thing

Calypso

Heritage
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Heritage, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm only at 80 days, so I've got that going for me. Gonna hang in 'til the end!

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my 15th different build week today. Moved up from 11/13 to 11/6! 🙄

First time I’ve moved up vs back. Guess I’ll take that as a positive move. 🤞
Guess they moved yours into my spot that was 11/6 thats now 12/4

Jason2833

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage & Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Another update on my build date. Pushed from 10/30 - 11/13. Does that mean my order would most likely be a 24 model?

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club IMG_6875

another date push like others here - from 11/13 to 11/20
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1696702659710

Milan88

Heritage
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hello folks. I’m new here. Guess I’m looking for shared misery waiting on my 2dr HE. I’m on new production week number 7 (10/23) so I guess I have some catching up to do. Trying to keep the faith. Have any 2doors come out of production rece

Sponsored

EvilJim1971

Heritage
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hello folks. I’m new here. Guess I’m looking for shared misery waiting on my 2dr HE. I’m on new production week number 7 (10/23) so I guess I have some catching up to do. Trying to keep the faith. Have any 2doors come out of production rece
Mine went into production 7/20, listed as built 9/28.
Still waiting on delivery.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I've had mine since 8/22. I only have 1000 miles on it as it's just a 3rd vehicle for sunny days. I've taken it off road once, on the beach. I used sand mode and it worked well. I aired down to 18psi. I turned off the rear locker while in sand mode and actually did get bogged down in some deep, powdery sand when I had to stop to let some vehicles go by. I stalled it a couple of times trying to get out and did get a slight clutch burn smell. Admittedly, it was my first time off road with a manual. I re locked the rear and she drove right out. No issues with the clutch at all since. I've never locked the rear in my 4Runner on the beach and never had an issue but in this case, with the Bronco, it was needed and did the trick.

I've added the Curt hitch with 4 pin wiring harness and the console safe. I really like it more than I thought I would. I've got the 2.3/manual combo and the engine/transmission/clutch are very smooth. Plenty of power for my needs. The shifter is really good for what it is. It's a little notchy but very nice. It's very easy to drive and it rides a lot nicer on the road than I thought it would, considering it's on 35's.

As far as overall quality......I find a lot of the interior plastics to be pretty cheap. Everything on the interior seems bolted together well, but just not the highest quality materials. The cloth on the seats does seem very nice though. It seems fairly durable. I don't have any rattles or squeaks at all. I was expecting something given the nature of the vehicle with the removable doors and all the different removable parts of the mod top, but it's been very solid. I have not removed the entire top yet, but I have removed the front two panels, the gunner's hatch, rear windows and both doors. Removal and replacement of all was very easy with no issues. I used the small rubber paint protectors, provided by Ford, when removing the doors. I have the door bags and put those on before I removed the doors. I didn't get any paint damage and was able to remove and replace the doors by myself without any problems.

On the exterior.....the paint quality seems decent although I did find a bubble in the paint right in the middle of my hood. I found another defect in the clear coat along the front bottom edge of the driver side door and another bubble in the paint on the passenger side door sill. The dealership had the bubble on the hood buffed out and it looks good. The other defects are minor and would never be noticed by anyone but me. I'm going to add door sill guards so that one defect will be covered up. Other than those three defects, the paint seems nice. The paint on the mod top seems especially nice. Better than the body of the Bronco. I haven't found any defects on the top yet. After removing all the panels and windows and reassembling, I drove it in some torrential rain and didn't get any leaks at all. Not a drop. I was impressed with that. As far as panel figment, it doesn't come close to my 4Runner. I find that panel gaps are inconsistent across the vehicle and my door panel gaps are pretty obviously off. I wasn't impressed with that.

I've been impressed with the fuel mileage. Most of my driving is highway. I have a 50 mile round trip to work and back and, when driving it easy, I can get around 22mpg on my round trip loop. Not bad for a box on 35's.

One small thing...when I removed my driver's side door, I turned it on end to finish zipping the bag closed, and when I did, I heard something rattling around inside the door. Later, I could see the tip of a white plastic clip poking out of the drain hole on the bottom of the door. Some type of clip inside the door must have fallen off at some point and when I tipped the door on end, it went bouncing around in there. Everything on the door seems fine and seems tight and everything works ok, so I guess I'll just assume that it's not that big of a deal??

I find the 8" infotainment screen plenty big enough for me and it works well. Apple CarPlay comes right up and works great. I haven't even used the Ford Navigation. I just use waze all the time, so I can't comment on that. I'm not crazy about the instrument cluster. I hate the bar graph tach. I don't know who designed that thing but it just looks bad. The combo of the analog speedo and the digital tach just doesn't work. If they wanted to go retro, they should have just given us an analog speedo and tach. It just doesn't seem to fit the vehicle. Do you guys like it? I really don't like it at all. It's definitely the worst part of the interior.

Everything underneath the vehicle looks bolted together well and very robust. I don't notice any suspension noises or creaking. When I open the hood, I cringe a little. It's a mess of wires and hoses and I wouldn't want to work on that engine. A Granger extended warranty is probably in my future....lol.

I guess to sum it all up....I like the Bronco. It's a fun vehicle and has gotten a lot of attention and garnered quite a few compliments. I'm looking forward to next summer and lots of top off driving and time on the beach. I'll be storing it for 4 months over the winter. I like the retro look of the Heritage and that I don't expect to see many of them on the road. It sets itself apart from the majority of Broncos I see on the road. The engine/transmission/shifter/ride quality and handling/fuel mileage have surprised me and been better than I thought they would be. The paint quality and panel fitment have disappointed me a little. It seems to be of decent quality but it doesn't possess the paint quality, panel fitment and overall solid, tank-like feel of my 4Runner TRD PRO. The interior materials are also a step down. If I was the kind of person that wanted to keep a vehicle for 200k miles, the 4Runner would be the one. Overall, I think it's a winner and I look forward to driving it. For me, having the 2 door and the manual makes all the difference and really gives me that "fun to drive" vibe. And my grandson really loves it. Almost 4 years ago, before he could speak, I showed him a Car and Driver article about the upcoming Bronco and he got very excited. He's 4 now and loving it.

IMG_7071.jpeg

IMG_7078.jpeg

IMG_7288.jpeg

IMG_0600.jpeg

IMG_7282.jpeg

IMG_7286.jpeg

IMG_7276.jpeg

IMG_7266.jpeg

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've had mine since 8/22. I only have 1000 miles on it as it's just a 3rd vehicle for sunny days. I've taken it off road once, on the beach. I used sand mode and it worked well. I aired down to 18psi. I turned off the rear locker while in sand mode and actually did get bogged down in some deep, powdery sand when I had to stop to let some vehicles go by. I stalled it a couple of times trying to get out and did get a slight clutch burn smell. Admittedly, it was my first time off road with a manual. I re locked the rear and she drove right out. No issues with the clutch at all since. I've never locked the rear in my 4Runner on the beach and never had an issue but in this case, with the Bronco, it was needed and did the trick.

I've added the Curt hitch with 4 pin wiring harness and the console safe. I really like it more than I thought I would. I've got the 2.3/manual combo and the engine/transmission/clutch are very smooth. Plenty of power for my needs. The shifter is really good for what it is. It's a little notchy but very nice. It's very easy to drive and it rides a lot nicer on the road than I thought it would, considering it's on 35's.

As far as overall quality......I find a lot of the interior plastics to be pretty cheap. Everything on the interior seems bolted together well, but just not the highest quality materials. The cloth on the seats does seem very nice though. It seems fairly durable. I don't have any rattles or squeaks at all. I was expecting something given the nature of the vehicle with the removable doors and all the different removable parts of the mod top, but it's been very solid. I have not removed the entire top yet, but I have removed the front two panels, the gunner's hatch, rear windows and both doors. Removal and replacement of all was very easy with no issues. I used the small rubber paint protectors, provided by Ford, when removing the doors. I have the door bags and put those on before I removed the doors. I didn't get any paint damage and was able to remove and replace the doors by myself without any problems.

On the exterior.....the paint quality seems decent although I did find a bubble in the paint right in the middle of my hood. I found another defect in the clear coat along the front bottom edge of the driver side door and another bubble in the paint on the passenger side door sill. The dealership had the bubble on the hood buffed out and it looks good. The other defects are minor and would never be noticed by anyone but me. I'm going to add door sill guards so that one defect will be covered up. Other than those three defects, the paint seems nice. The paint on the mod top seems especially nice. Better than the body of the Bronco. I haven't found any defects on the top yet. After removing all the panels and windows and reassembling, I drove it in some torrential rain and didn't get any leaks at all. Not a drop. I was impressed with that. As far as panel figment, it doesn't come close to my 4Runner. I find that panel gaps are inconsistent across the vehicle and my door panel gaps are pretty obviously off. I wasn't impressed with that.

I've been impressed with the fuel mileage. Most of my driving is highway. I have a 50 mile round trip to work and back and, when driving it easy, I can get around 22mpg on my round trip loop. Not bad for a box on 35's.

One small thing...when I removed my driver's side door, I turned it on end to finish zipping the bag closed, and when I did, I heard something rattling around inside the door. Later, I could see the tip of a white plastic clip poking out of the drain hole on the bottom of the door. Some type of clip inside the door must have fallen off at some point and when I tipped the door on end, it went bouncing around in there. Everything on the door seems fine and seems tight and everything works ok, so I guess I'll just assume that it's not that big of a deal??

I find the 8" infotainment screen plenty big enough for me and it works well. Apple CarPlay comes right up and works great. I haven't even used the Ford Navigation. I just use waze all the time, so I can't comment on that. I'm not crazy about the instrument cluster. I hate the bar graph tach. I don't know who designed that thing but it just looks bad. The combo of the analog speedo and the digital tach just doesn't work. If they wanted to go retro, they should have just given us an analog speedo and tach. It just doesn't seem to fit the vehicle. Do you guys like it? I really don't like it at all. It's definitely the worst part of the interior.

Everything underneath the vehicle looks bolted together well and very robust. I don't notice any suspension noises or creaking. When I open the hood, I cringe a little. It's a mess of wires and hoses and I wouldn't want to work on that engine. A Granger extended warranty is probably in my future....lol.

I guess to sum it all up....I like the Bronco. It's a fun vehicle and has gotten a lot of attention and garnered quite a few compliments. I'm looking forward to next summer and lots of top off driving and time on the beach. I'll be storing it for 4 months over the winter. I like the retro look of the Heritage and that I don't expect to see many of them on the road. It sets itself apart from the majority of Broncos I see on the road. The engine/transmission/shifter/ride quality and handling/fuel mileage have surprised me and been better than I thought they would be. The paint quality and panel fitment have disappointed me a little. It seems to be of decent quality but it doesn't possess the paint quality, panel fitment and overall solid, tank-like feel of my 4Runner TRD PRO. The interior materials are also a step down. If I was the kind of person that wanted to keep a vehicle for 200k miles, the 4Runner would be the one. Overall, I think it's a winner and I look forward to driving it. For me, having the 2 door and the manual makes all the difference and really gives me that "fun to drive" vibe. And my grandson really loves it. Almost 4 years ago, before he could speak, I showed him a Car and Driver article about the upcoming Bronco and he got very excited. He's 4 now and loving it.

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club phone pictures 288

Nice write up. You could have written that for me except for the mpg part. My right foot tends to be a bit heavy. I did find myself trying to barrel around a round-a-bout this weekend unintentionally, would have been better served going through it than around it. My wife was giving me “that look”. It made it but….
Sponsored