Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot to mention, I love your build!
I have a '21 Badlands that I just put the Icon suspension on. Still stock Sasquatch tires and rims (1 with a puncture!) Baja Boss AT have been on top of my replacement list for a long time now since I loved the Cooper STMaxx I put on my old mercedes. No punctures on that heavy beast!
Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far I have not had any problems with the rims, no air leakage, or any other problem. Icon instructs you to put anti-seize on the threads and oil on the O rings for each of the pins. I used silicone grease on the O ring and to much anti-seize. Which then squeezed out when tightened and is a pain to clean off.
As far as color of the rims Icon has black, grey, and bronze on my rig I thought black would look best, it seems like any of those colors would look good on most vehicles.
Appreciate the followup. Iā€™m convinced the isolated air leaks Iā€™ve heard about boils down to bad installs. Given their new & unusual approach Iā€™m sure most tire shops arenā€™t familiar with the technology or additional requirements to install and seal properly. Itā€™s probably worth a few bucks to take somewhere that specializes in off-road installs if you donā€™t have access to a tire machine which I doubt many folks do.

That install video might be the best version of how I think the grey may look in real life. I agree the black looks righteous on your carbonized grey. I have iconic silver so Iā€™m a little lighter than you, unless Iā€™m in low light or shadows and then it looks similar. When I did the renderings on Iconā€™s website, the grey looks better to my eyes but I donā€™t think those are actual colors. I need to find me a local dealer to compare the wheels. My gut says black will be the contrast I seek despite these renderings.

Satin Black:
Ford Bronco Apollo's Badlands build IMG_5420

Ford Bronco Apollo's Badlands build bb-17rbpro_satinblack

Titanium Grey:
Ford Bronco Apollo's Badlands build bb-17rbpro_titanium

Mod3lat6202ft

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your bronco looks great! Can you tell me more about the icon lift? I have a non Sasquatch badlands and am trying to decide on a lift, leveling kit, or find Sasquatch take off suspension.

OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your bronco looks great! Can you tell me more about the icon lift? I have a non Sasquatch badlands and am trying to decide on a lift, leveling kit, or find Sasquatch take off suspension.
I like my ICON coil overs they lift it a couple of inches over the stock Sas height, overall an improvement for off roading. Personally I would not do a leveling kit, basically they allow larger tires but lack all of the other benefits of upgraded coil overs.
On a side note I do have my Sasquatch Badlands coil overs (1400 miles) take offā€™s for sale $450 and Iā€™m about 45 min drive from you.

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great looking rig!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just added a transmission skid, I bolted it directly to the cross members. I added a couple of nut plates to the cross members and a few studs to the Disco skid. Next the transfer case skid then the engine skid.
IMG_2449.jpeg

Nut plates
IMG_2453.jpeg

Installed skid

I need to get some rock washers for the bolts, otherwise it seems very strong
Sponsored