First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you get the rear upper shelf. Looking for one that bolts to the roll bar like yours
I made it, a little cutting and welding
Sponsored

Camp Hell Yeah.

Everglades
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Tover
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I want to thank everyone on 6G. I have learned so much from everyone on here it has made my build so much easier. I ordered a 4 door Badlands, High package with Sasquatch, it took 20 months from ordering to receiving it. So with that much wait time I formulated a plan for the modification that I wanted, of course budget does get in the way and not letting my wife know how much I spent on parts is always tricky.

What I have done so far:

Icon coil overs
Icon UCA
Icon tie rods
Metal cloak rear control arms and track bar
DV8 front bumper
Warn Winch
JCR rear bumper
Turn off road tire carrier
RCI rock rails
Icon rims and 37ā€ Mickey Thompson tires
ARB twin air compressor
Redline hood struts
Ford Pro Cal tuner
Ford tailgate tray (with points)
S&B air filter
JCR max wheel kit
Custom bracket for track bar
reinforced front bumper mounts

IMG_2315.jpeg
IMG_2316.jpeg

Parked on a rock on my driveway to see how it flexed - I need a bigger rock
IMG_2325.jpeg
Apollo,

great looking rig! Really like the tires too. Anyway , do you happen to live in summit county ? I ordered a bronco back in early September (yeah I know Iā€™m late to the game) so I probably have a bit of a wait but Iā€™m excited. Iā€™ve been in Summit for 30 years. Iā€™m sure I will bother with some questions if you donā€™t mind. Thanks

Modad

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, nice build

OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apollo,

great looking rig! Really like the tires too. Anyway , do you happen to live in summit county ? I ordered a bronco back in early September (yeah I know Iā€™m late to the game) so I probably have a bit of a wait but Iā€™m excited. Iā€™ve been in Summit for 30 years. Iā€™m sure I will bother with some questions if you donā€™t mind. Thanks
I live in Conifer, Happy to answer any questions as long as you know to be suspect of the answers šŸ˜

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beautiful build and some nice fab work.

Great job.

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Clean build and good job!

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Comparing the Mickey Thompson to the stock tire is night and day you will be very happy with the Baja Boss. I have had no problems with the tires on the trail, they are holding up great and they are good on the road.
Did you have problems with the stock Goodyears? They have not let me down and every time I look at another tire, I look at the weight of it and they are always at least 12 pounds more each. So Iā€™m likely sticking with the stock tire again soon and interested to hear about problems with those that I may be overlooking. ETA: the Mickey Thompsonā€™s look great!

OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have problems with the stock Goodyears? They have not let me down and every time I look at another tire, I look at the weight of it and they are always at least 12 pounds more each. So Iā€™m likely sticking with the stock tire again soon and interested to hear about problems with those that I may be overlooking. ETA: the Mickey Thompsonā€™s look great!
I have not had any problems with the stock tires, I just think there are better tires available. I have run many different tires over the years on mostly trucks - Mickey Thompson, Goodyears, Toyo, Nitto, Cooper, Nokias. I find the stock Goodyears not of the same quality as some of these other tires, including other Goodyear tires. There are definitely advantages to having a lighter tire but for off road use you are sacrificing a lot of durability and for each person the type of terrain you use the tire in makes a big difference (Snow, rocks, mud, highway, sand).

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I find the stock Goodyears not of the same quality as some of these other tires, including other Goodyear tires.
What part of the stock GY tiresā€™ performance indicated that theyā€™re lesser quality?

Not trying to Jack your thread, Iā€™m genuinely curious why so often I see people chose to add 15-20 pounds on each corner. There must be a reason.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What part of the stock GY tiresā€™ performance indicated that theyā€™re lesser quality?

Not trying to Jack your thread, Iā€™m genuinely curious why so often I see people chose to add 15-20 pounds on each corner. There must be a reason.
#1. puncture resistance

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The RCI sliders are frame mounted, I do like them they are well built and also act as a step. I also went with RCI because they are built in Colorado.
My rims are Rebound Proā€™s I also am happy with them. The only negatives are installing all of those pins and the anti-seize needs to be cleaned off the rims from around the pins. I have been to lazy to properly clean the rims and you can see the results. I do like the Method Bead grip rims as well.

IMG_2354.jpeg
Great build overall. And your place looks nice and like paradise. Kudos!

I have also been looking at the same wheels. Did you ever see or consider the titanium grey version? Saw web pics but none in person yet.

Also, heard some guys talking about sometimes getting excess air loss when airing down on the trails. Have you had any issues? Two thoughts came to mind. Maybe they werenā€™t installing the rubber seals or using something like blue loctite to keep things snug.

Curious your thoughts. And FWIW, I like the wheel design better than available Method options with their newer lock technology.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
#1. puncture resistance
Agreed!

I had a flat within one week of getting my first Bronco with the Sasquatch Tires.

Coincidence? Maybe.

But, I have not had a flat tire on any other of my vehicles for at least 10 years. No flats since changing tires 2 years ago.

OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great build overall. And your place looks nice and like paradise. Kudos!

I have also been looking at the same wheels. Did you ever see or consider the titanium grey version? Saw web pics but none in person yet.

Also, heard some guys talking about sometimes getting excess air loss when airing down on the trails. Have you had any issues? Two thoughts came to mind. Maybe they werenā€™t installing the rubber seals or using something like blue loctite to keep things snug.

Curious your thoughts. And FWIW, I like the wheel design better than available Method options with their newer lock technology.
So far I have not had any problems with the rims, no air leakage, or any other problem. Icon instructs you to put anti-seize on the threads and oil on the O rings for each of the pins. I used silicone grease on the O ring and to much anti-seize. Which then squeezed out when tightened and is a pain to clean off.
As far as color of the rims Icon has black, grey, and bronze on my rig I thought black would look best, it seems like any of those colors would look good on most vehicles.
Sponsored