First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to thank everyone on 6G. I have learned so much from everyone on here it has made my build so much easier. I ordered a 4 door Badlands, High package with Sasquatch, it took 20 months from ordering to receiving it. So with that much wait time I formulated a plan for the modification that I wanted, of course budget does get in the way and not letting my wife know how much I spent on parts is always tricky.

What I have done so far:

Icon coil overs
Icon UCA
Icon tie rods
Metal cloak rear control arms and track bar
DV8 front bumper
Warn Winch
JCR rear bumper
Turn off road tire carrier
RCI rock rails
Icon rims and 37” Mickey Thompson tires
ARB twin air compressor
Redline hood struts
Ford Pro Cal tuner
Ford tailgate tray (with points)
S&B air filter
JCR max wheel kit
Custom bracket for track bar
reinforced front bumper mounts

Ford Bronco Apollo's Badlands build IMG_2315
Ford Bronco Apollo's Badlands build IMG_2316

Parked on a rock on my driveway to see how it flexed - I need a bigger rock
Ford Bronco Apollo's Badlands build IMG_2325
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made a track bar relocation bracket to correct the track bar angle. My first attempt at the bracket didn’t work as planned. After a test on a trail the new bracket was pivoting, the ride home on winding roads felt terrible. Although the bracket was only moving about 1/4”. Back to the shop with a modification and it seem to be working now.

Ford Bronco Apollo's Badlands build IMG_2327

I need to raise the tract bar 4” to get it back to level

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice looking rig! You've got the 4dr version of mine. The house ain't shabby, either. :whistle: 😅

On the RCI sliders, how do you like them? Are they frame mounted? Is there any reason you didn't go Rebound Pros with the innerlock tech? I've been looking at those w/Baja Bosses or Trail Grapplers, but maybe I'll go Method Bead Grip instead.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool Bronco! Even cooler house! Wow!

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking about buying the Mickey MT. How do you like them? My stock Sasquatch tires the nobs have chunked from trail riding and cracks/slashes all over tires.

Thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice looking rig! You've got the 4dr version of mine. The house ain't shabby, either. :whistle: 😅

On the RCI sliders, how do you like them? Are they frame mounted? Is there any reason you didn't go Rebound Pros with the innerlock tech? I've been looking at those w/Baja Bosses or Trail Grapplers, but maybe I'll go Method Bead Grip instead.
The RCI sliders are frame mounted, I do like them they are well built and also act as a step. I also went with RCI because they are built in Colorado.
My rims are Rebound Pro’s I also am happy with them. The only negatives are installing all of those pins and the anti-seize needs to be cleaned off the rims from around the pins. I have been to lazy to properly clean the rims and you can see the results. I do like the Method Bead grip rims as well.

IMG_2354.jpeg

OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking about buying the Mickey MT. How do you like them? My stock Sasquatch tires the nobs have chunked from trail riding and cracks/slashes all over tires.

Thanks
I have the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT which are almost identical to the MT. For me the AT have the mountain snow flake rating and since I live in high country the little extra snow traction helps. Comparing the Mickey Thompson to the stock tire is night and day you will be very happy with the Baja Boss. I have had no problems with the tires on the trail, they are holding up great and they are good on the road.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The RCI sliders are frame mounted, I do like them they are well built and also act as a step. I also went with RCI because they are built in Colorado.
My rims are Rebound Pro’s I also am happy with them. The only negatives are installing all of those pins and the anti-seize needs to be cleaned off the rims from around the pins. I have been to lazy to properly clean the rims and you can see the results. I do like the Method Bead grip rims as well.

IMG_2354.jpeg
Oh, sorry, I was looking for the screws in the photo but missed them. Y'know, my main concern with them is wear, specifically getting tires replaced. I assume the screws need to be removed to change the tire. The grip lock looks pretty good to me, I'm just not the biggest fan of the rim designs.

Last edited:

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What offset did you get on the rebound pros?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hat's off for sneaking $20k+ of parts past the boss. Are you offering tutorials? ;)
My wife is smart so I never try to fool her I just try and hide it. Just the other day we were driving together and she started to add up the parts, as much as I tried to deflect the conversation she added it up correctly.
28 years of marriage she seems to put up with me.

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
0 off set. With the rebound pros there is not a lot to choose from
I really like the look of your Bronco! I was debating the +25 offset ones to keep my track width close to stock but I think the 0 looks better.

OP
OP
Apollo

Apollo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built a couple of other items for the Bronco, didn’t really cost me anything just time and effort.

A top shelf for the back area, I can store a surprising amount of stuff up there, recovery rope, shackles, air hoses, straps, first aid kit. ( sorry the pictures are not better)
IMG_2346.jpeg
IMG_2347.jpeg

I also made a couple of rear shock skids
IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2356.jpeg

Modad

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you get the rear upper shelf. Looking for one that bolts to the roll bar like yours
Sponsored