Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, β€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did it help with wind noise initially though? I need to stick with the factory rack for a bit and would love to cut down some of the wind noise. Though a majority of it happens in cross winds mostly.
Maybe???

The whole rack was way too loud.

And anyone who says it isn't loud is full of it. Conversations became strained on the highway.
Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe???

The whole rack was way too loud.

And anyone who says it isn't loud is full of it. Conversations became strained on the highway.
Yeah I am curious in how the Trailrax compares to the OEM since that is ultimately the route I'll be replacing it with.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed a Buckleup Offroad winch mount, Badlands winch, LOD frame reinforcements and Lumen8 Hybrid R Dual Fog Lights. Also switched out the stock goodyears after 32000 miles to 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts. Man, these tires are beefy compared to the stock tires.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  428597148_18014366930510162_7298248836267489053_n

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  428609701_18014366948510162_112072489520738958_n

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_6160

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_6155

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I am curious in how the Trailrax compares to the OEM since that is ultimately the route I'll be replacing it with.
I'm going with Trailrax too. I just need to make sure I want to keep my Bronco.

Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took it to see Zion National Park today. It is before the bus runs, so we could drive in. However it was so busy, that when we came out of the canyon, they had closed it to new traffic, because parking was full.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 1
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 2
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 3
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  Trail 4

joes bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco 2017 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Me and my grandson took the bronco up in the snow, didn't get too far as the snow had been rained on and that stuff was miserable to drive on. Did get to try out my tire deflate-inflate diy setup, worked great. Using a napa duel cyl pump, boy that thing was fast. Fought with my usual issue, work the motor hard,2.3, motor temps hit 221, trans not far behind. Today I had it up on my ramps trying to figure out why my a/c quit working, you gotta love this stuff but still love the bronco.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did some meandering around the Mojave
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7509
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240220_150851
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240219_173941
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240215_164502
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240212_123215
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240209_132839
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240215_081302
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240213_163659

BK1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8, GMC At4, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Added black lug nuts, new center caps, plugged the ugly empty holes on spare and installed the smoked grill led markers from SPV parts on the Everglades. Have a few things to install this weekend

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240220_141337

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240220_164451

20240222_114532.jpg

Sponsored

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What mount did you use?
Power Tank has a nice custom mount for both the 2 and 4 door Broncos. It is a modular design and side specific (Driver or Passenger). Installation was simple (less than 20 minutes).

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed a Buckleup Offroad winch mount, Badlands winch, LOD frame reinforcements and Lumen8 Hybrid R Dual Fog Lights. Also switched out the stock goodyears after 32000 miles to 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts. Man, these tires are beefy compared to the stock tires.

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240222_114532

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  20240222_114532

How was the install?

This is on my to do list, but I know I'll need to swap my front springs, so I am slacking.

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the install?

This is on my to do list, but I know I'll need to swap my front springs, so I am slacking.
Install was pretty straight forward. The LOD frame reinforcements required some cutting to work with the factory bumper.

Luckily, I don't have to swap springs or anything otherwise it would take me quite a bit longer to do haha.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gotta love tax season

All since this past weekend:
Rockslide Engineering powered steps to replace a nerf bar
Rockslide Engineering EZ-Rack
Turn Offroad Tailgate Reinforcement
Turn Offroad Adjustable Spare TIre carrier
Mountains2Metal rear molle panels
Mountains2Metal tailgate limiter

Still have to install
Turn Offroad Tailgate table - need a rivetnut tool and don't have one yet.
Still waiting on my Spicer locker coil to finish up the rear locker

Then... I'm done for a bit, at least until I break something new or the aftermarket carpet replacement gets to market

The rear molle panels are something I've wanted for a bit so I can stop carrying a bunch of crap around in a milk carton in the back. I need to get all my crap mounted there, will do that once the table is in. I'll have to redo my rear mat, the weathertech doesn't fit any longer, and the mabett cargo cover won't work with this, so I'll have to either live without it or do something else. I very nearly went for the cargo shelf as well, but held off to see how this does first. The shelf would have to be easily removable, if it's bolts then... harder sell.

The Steps - well, they are just nice. I justified them to the wife by saying her parents can now get in the Bronco without needing a step, and once I got them in she loved them herself. I'm glad you guys talked me into them a while back.

The table replaces one of those knockoff canvas tailgate molle panels. It sagged in the heat and looks like crap - the metal one will hopefully look much better, and hey, a table so I can ... do tabley things with it.

The tailgate reinforcement - holy cow is that thing stout. It goes to prevent further damage from where my Bronco came with aftermarket tires and the spare wasn't adjusted properly. The entire tailgate is twisted a bit, this reenforcement doesn't get rid of the twist, but it sure isn't going to twist any further. And - it gets rid of that last final squeak that I could never get rid of in the back! One thing I didn't realize with the Turn - it isn't just a reenforcement bracket. It completely replaces the tailgate hinges and is an entirely separate external frame for the tailgate, and the tailgate mounts to the new frame and isn't directly connected to the Bronco at all any more. The tailgate itself doesn't carry any weight any longer - the frame carries everything (well, I guess when I put the table back in, it will carry that weight, but that's like ... a few pounds?)

Spare tire carrier - figured since I was doing the re-enforcement I may as well just do this at the same time. It's nice not needing the bump stops any longer, although I haven't taken them off. And the third break light doesn't look like it's wedged in there like a fat kid in skinny jeans any longer. It also has the benefit of raising the spare tire up some so the trailer hitch isn't nearly as tight of a fit / doesn't need as big of a drop.

The limiter - again, figured since I was doing it may as well do this at the same time. I don't have anything mounted to the tire carrier that needs a limiter, but it does move that hydraulic stop to 2 mounting points rather than 1, and if I ever did want to throw a rotopax or something back on the tailgate I can without crushing the tail light -- although my current hard top the back end can't open unless the tailgate is ~all~ the way open.

EZ-Rack - I thought it was a neat idea. I don't have anything mounted to this yet, it isn't something I would leave installed, but thought it might be nice to mount crap on out on the trail, like a highjack or come-along.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have installed the Rock Hard Aluminum Front Bumper and the Warn 10k Winch. Then I saw issues with the frame. Planning to install the horn reinforcements. Any recommendations between Addictive Designs Frame Horn Gusset Kit and LOD Frame Tie In Brackets? I will add Rock Hards Flat towing plates one day.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  IMG_7492
Sponsored