indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally got to put something on the finish of my daughter’s BD. I’ve been using this stuff since 2021. It’s an incredible value at $15 a bottle. It does last a full year if you are busy using your Bronco…
IMG_R_0475.jpeg
IMG_9232.jpeg

IMG_9231.jpeg

IMG_9229.jpeg
I tried that Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating product, and it left my red car with lots of streaks. Mostly visible at an angle when the light reflected. I could not buff them out. Took a lot of time messing around with a damp cloth to cut through and get rid of the smearing. The cuss words were flying. Hard to tell how much product was left after all the work correcting the streaking.

I ended up instead buying some quality carnauba wax ... old school apply, wait until haze, and buff out. Worked great.

Do you have a trick to avoiding streaks with the TW Ceramic Spray?

Streaking issue mentioned here at the 3:56 mark:
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took a family vacation to Sedona for the weekend from Phoenix. Went and did Broken Arrow. Nice easy trail with beautiful views.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. IMG_7799

We appreciate you sharing these photos with the community, Jason!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took it out to Peek-a-Boo canyon just north of Kanab, UT. If you are ever in this area, this is a must see. You take a DEEP sand trail about a mile in with the Bronco. Don't forget to air down. It takes you right to the mouth of the slot canyon. The canyon goes about 1/3 mile in before it dead ends.
Wow! Thanks for sharing these awesome photos with us, Jim!

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I tried that Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating product, and it left my red car with lots of streaks. Mostly visible at an angle when the light reflected. I could not buff them out. Took a lot of time messing around with a damp cloth to cut through and get rid of the smearing. The cuss words were flying. Hard to tell how much product was left after all the work correcting the streaking.

I ended up instead buying some quality carnauba wax ... old school apply, wait until haze, and buff out. Worked great.

Hot surface or too large a working area will streak up pretty quick on you. If wait for a flash and haze it's too lat hot too thick. Dark colors are a real challenge. I've worked the job on my black truck more than once. A wait and reapply can bail you out sometimes or a very fine swirl remover or clay bar. There's a reason a pro charge $$ I'm cheap so I accept screwing up until I get it right a part of the process.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Good video. I use a battery powered leaf blower for the nooks and crannies to chase out water.

Sponsored

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where did you get those Badlands sill guards?... they look good.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are Tuff Skinz. Found them on ETSY, but they are available elsewhere.