First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I got rid of my 2021 2.3 MT 2 door badlands back in 2022, due to some issues with ford and the dealer...
I've been driving a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee since. It's a great vehicle... not capable of what the Bronco was, but also quieter, smoother, better stereo, adaptive cruise control, about the same gas mileage, and vented seats...
I have no complaints about it.
But I sure miss my Bronco. Every time I see one, I curse Ford and my dealer, they were the main reasons I got rid of mine.

There's now a used one at the chevy dealer in town. A 2021 2.3L auto 4 door badlands with soft top, high package, and 12" screen. ~24k miles. Even the same color mine was, cyber orange. One concern is that it's a 2 owner vehicle, and the second owner only had it for maybe 2-3k miles. Wonder why they got rid of it.
I'm thinking of test driving it...

Reasons I got rid of the Bronco: Ford and the Dealer. 2 door didn't have enough room. The majority of the driving I did was in stop and go city traffic and the manual was getting annoying. boat vinyl and 100+ degree texas temps = swamp butt/back.

I've moved since then, and driving is now much less, and mostly highway. Those seats though... I'm addicted to the jeeps vented seats...
Sponsored

Imprezive

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati Mulitstrada, Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t know that Jeep dealers are much better than Ford dealers in my experience. Personally I’d hold out for a lux package. I’d miss adaptive cruise.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do it.
Take it for a spin. No harm in that.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends - how much debt are you in?

For most people financing vehicles, constantly switching every few years means you're massively upside-down on your current loan. With current interest rates and likely owing more than it's worth on the Jeep, not a great time to add yet more negative value to another auto loan.

On the other hand, you only live once and tomorrow is promised to no-one.

OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depends - how much debt are you in?

For most people financing vehicles, constantly switching every few years means you're massively upside-down on your current loan. With current interest rates and likely owing more than it's worth on the Jeep, not a great time to add yet more negative value to another auto loan.

On the other hand, you only live once and tomorrow is promised to no-one.
Finances aren't really a concern. The jeep is the only debt I have, and I'm not upside down on it.

I wouldn't be able to get as good an interest rate as I have on the Jeep cause of the world as it is now, but even with that my payment would be less and about the same term as what I have left on the jeep.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DaveInSA

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know that Jeep dealers are much better than Ford dealers in my experience. Personally I’d hold out for a lux package. I’d miss adaptive cruise.
The Jeep dealer I had has been a lot better than the Ford dealer I had.
After my move, the jeep dealer is even better. I don't know about the Ford dealer. I do see some reports on here of them when the orders were being made / filled that they were a good one to deal with, but service is always a different beast.

The adaptive cruise and the vented seats are honestly two of the strongest reasons to keep the Jeep. It's not just adaptive, but stop and go.
And those vented seats..

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Life is too short to drive boring vehicles, shoot crappy guns and eat garbage food.

The Ford dealers around me in WA are absolute trash. I go to Montana for decent service.

If you have good support for your Jeep, I'd stick with that. I know there's supposed to be some competition with the Bronco and Wrangler, but the Wrangler will do everything a Bronco will do. Perhaps that should be a consideration.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

So, I got rid of my 2021 2.3 MT 2 door badlands back in 2022, due to some issues with ford and the dealer...
I've been driving a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee since. It's a great vehicle... not capable of what the Bronco was, but also quieter, smoother, better stereo, adaptive cruise control, about the same gas mileage, and vented seats...
I have no complaints about it.
But I sure miss my Bronco. Every time I see one, I curse Ford and my dealer, they were the main reasons I got rid of mine.

There's now a used one at the chevy dealer in town. A 2021 2.3L auto 4 door badlands with soft top, high package, and 12" screen. ~24k miles. Even the same color mine was, cyber orange. One concern is that it's a 2 owner vehicle, and the second owner only had it for maybe 2-3k miles. Wonder why they got rid of it.
I'm thinking of test driving it...

Reasons I got rid of the Bronco: Ford and the Dealer. 2 door didn't have enough room. The majority of the driving I did was in stop and go city traffic and the manual was getting annoying. boat vinyl and 100+ degree texas temps = swamp butt/back.

I've moved since then, and driving is now much less, and mostly highway. Those seats though... I'm addicted to the jeeps vented seats...
I still have my 23 GC... not sure entirely why lol. The Bronco and GC are completely different beasts. The GC has ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, and non ear bleeding audio system. Definitely quieter on the highway than the Bronco. Did you know NONE of the GCs except the Overland have tow hooks? No OEM option either. The GC is strictly a pavement princess with enough ground clearance to go slightly offroad and handle light sand/mud with the AWD system (you need high trims for the lockers or ELSD).

If you aren't offroading... why even consider the Bronco? If you are purely on the highway... stick with the GC.

I trust my Jeep mechanics more than the Ford mechanics but not sure I trust Jeep reliability at all. My rockers/lifters have been replaced at 6K and I hang out with Jeep folks as they are part of various trail ride groups. It seems Jeeps have long-term reliability issues... but the non-turbo engines are easier to work with and parts are readily available.

Lastly, not sure how much you paid for your GC but they've depreciated terribly.

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can have Katskinz leather heated and ventilated leather seats installed for around $3,500 ish but adaptive cruise is another story.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldnt go back to a 2021. If anything get a 2024. You might end up with even more issues than you had before from the details you posted on that rig. So many posts on people having issues with 2021s on this forum. I was lucky enough to get a 2023, but if I had a 2021, I'd be trading it in for a 2024.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe Get yourself some rubber ducks to pass out from your Jeep Ha ha ha
my 2 door is great and I love the MGV seats

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wife has a 22 Compass Trailhawk loaded with adaptive cruise, lane keep assist etc etc...its a nice ride when your in the mood for an automatic. It practically drives itself although its on the lower scale compared to a GC. The Bronco is a whole different beast, more fun to drive especially with the manual and stripped down in nice weather. I drive that 95% of the time. I figure at my age I might as well have something that I'll enjoy everytime I drive it rather than something that'll bore me to death.
Sponsored