Sponsored

Should I…. modify parts or trade for another Bronco?

Broncho-itis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 22 Outer Banks non-SAS Eruption Green 4 door 4 cyl. soft top with Lux package, roast leather, tow package and 4.27 rear locker. I upgraded the tires to General Grabbers 275-70-R18s and have upgraded the grill, many interior touches as well as the appearance. My question is I really wanted a hard top and am thinking about upgrading the wheels. Should I pull the trigger on those upgrades or trade for another Bronco with the accessories I want? I have 16k miles on it so relatively low miles for a 2 year old vehicle. Thoughts?
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Weigh the cost, do whichever is cheaper. Personally I'm kind of attached to mine, so I'd rather do the mods.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'd think about one of the third party hard tops that are becoming available.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have a 22 Outer Banks non-SAS Eruption Green 4 door 4 cyl. soft top with Lux package, roast leather, tow package and 4.27 rear locker. I upgraded the tires to General Grabbers 275-70-R18s and have upgraded the grill, many interior touches as well as the appearance. My question is I really wanted a hard top and am thinking about upgrading the wheels. Should I pull the trigger on those upgrades or trade for another Bronco with the accessories I want? I have 16k miles on it so relatively low miles for a 2 year old vehicle. Thoughts?
A year ago I would have said - trade in.

Today... keep it. You will take a bath financially trading it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weigh the cost, do whichever is cheaper. Personally I'm kind of attached to mine, so I'd rather do the mods.
Agreed.

Do some pros vs. cons, including the breakdown of pricing for both options.

I love my Bronco, and the odd times I wonder if I should look at a Bronco Raptor, I come back to reality and realize I love my Bronco and how I’ve made it my Bronco. Even after 2+ years of owning it, it still turns heads and is an awesome vehicle. I’ll continue to do mods as I see fit and stick with it.

I too wanted a hard top really badly, and decided to order one from Turn Off Road - Fingers crossed, it should ship out week after next. :love: 🤞

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'll incur a greater loss trading it in for another. You really should look at the aftermarket HT from Turn Offroad. They are going to be setting the new market value for the 4-dr HT. Other vendors that hold to a higher price point will have to justify the higher cost or lose market share.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me it depends upon how you’re going to use it. If you spend time in Moab doing harder trails, love to do jeep badge of honor trails, spend time at Windrock, and the like, pull off your improvements where you can and trade it for a well optioned badlands. It all depends on how you use it. These things can be a rabbit hole in terms of money. Once you start to lift, you need to upgrade the steering. Quality upgrades are expensive. It never seems to end. If you don’t wheel much, keep what you have and make it your own.

I have a fully optioned Badlands and have put just short of $7k into it including onboard air, rock rails, rock lights, tailgate support, rotopax, transmission skid plate, winch, recovery gear, etc, etc. And I haven’t lifted or upgraded wheels or tires, nor do I intend to. I’m done spending money on it save a hardtop one day.

In short, there’s really no wrong answer. It’s whatever you want to do based on how you wheel and your personal situation. Like most everyone else, we’ve become really attached to this noisy gas hog. Enjoy a bronco, no matter what you do.

Take care. Contented

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
At this point we are probably close to a mid-cycle refresh especially since the Wrangler is getting one this year. It would be silly to trade it in before that happens, at least.
Sponsored