Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not only do you have the HOSS 3.0 on the WT but you are getting the Raptor steering rack and tie rods.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not only do you have the HOSS 3.0 on the WT but you are getting the Raptor steering rack and tie rods.
No, the tie rods are different for the Raptor. I have seen the Raptor tie rods and they are definitely different than the tie rods on my HOSS 3.0 rack in my OBX.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wouldn’t leave my HOSS 3.0 for anything. What’s FE got that you want?

If you’re thinking some kind of future value…maybe if you put that FE in the barn under a tarp that said “DO NOT OPEN ‘TIL 2075” sure….it‘d be worth small fortune. But then, so would your WT.

But normal resale value 10 or so years from now when they both have over 100K miles on them? Not gonna see much difference.

Rdperez9412

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, the tie rods are different for the Raptor. I have seen the Raptor tie rods and they are definitely different than the tie rods on my HOSS 3.0 rack in my OBX.
did you switch your rack for one off of a wildtrack with the hoss 3.0? didnt know the obx had the hoss 3.0. reason i ask is because i have a 23 with the hoss and my buddy has the braptor, we didnt see any differences and ford even stated they are the same from the raptor to the wildtrack with hoss 3.0. the difference is the shocks if im not mistaken

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. The first edition doesn't have the new steering rack, upgraded tie rods or the upgraded shocks. That would be a significant downgrade.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn’t leave my HOSS 3.0 for anything. What’s FE got that you want?

If you’re thinking some kind of future value…maybe if you put that FE in the barn under a tarp that said “DO NOT OPEN ‘TIL 2075” sure….it‘d be worth small fortune. But then, so would your WT.

But normal resale value 10 or so years from now when they both have over 100K miles on them? Not gonna see much difference.

Yup. I feel cheated that my Wildtrak was built mere months before they started offering the HOSS 3.0 suspension. No way he should downgrade to a FE.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
did you switch your rack for one off of a wildtrack with the hoss 3.0? didnt know the obx had the hoss 3.0. reason i ask is because i have a 23 with the hoss and my buddy has the braptor, we didnt see any differences and ford even stated they are the same from the raptor to the wildtrack with hoss 3.0. the difference is the shocks if im not mistaken
Yes, I swapped it out. The OBX doesn't come standard with a HOSS 3.0 steering rack.

The tie rods on the Raptor are different, they lack the bend that the tie rods on the WildTrak have and are longer.

raphoss2.jpg

Raptor vs HOSS 3.0 tie rods.

Rdperez9412

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, I swapped it out. The OBX doesn't come standard with a HOSS 3.0 steering rack.

The tie rods on the Raptor are different, they lack the bend that the tie rods on the WildTrak have and are longer.

Ford Bronco Should I trade my 23 Wildtrak in for a 21 First Edition raphoss2

Raptor vs HOSS 3.0 tie rods.
thats crazy, didnt even look at the bend!, thanks! def learned something today
Sponsored